Announcement Welcome to Fine Archival Quality, Acid Free, Handbound Photo Albums Scrapbooks and Journals Sketchbooks. For More Handmade items, See Vintage Clothing and Jewelry.
Welcome to Fine Archival Quality, Acid Free, Handbound Photo Albums Scrapbooks and Journals Sketchbooks. For More Handmade items, See Vintage Clothing and Jewelry.
- All 65
- Holidays 9
- Photo Albums Scrapbooks 5
- Journals Sketchbooks 12
- Handmade Altered Upcycle 3
- Vintage Clothing 3
- Jewelry 7
- Vintage Collectibles 10
- Vtg Sheet Music Ephemera 10
- Vintage Sewing Patterns 5
- Fabric Fiber Yarn Etc 1
James Schlueter on Oct 29, 2015
FroggieLorraine on Aug 26, 2015
This is a very cute cat pin, with just the right amount of silliness. I am currently knitting a long purple cardigan, and I realized the pin will be the perfect accessory for it!
rebecca hardiman on Aug 6, 2015
This is gorgeous, worth every penny, beautiful design and it arrived wrapped up beautifully as well. Totally recommend this if you need a special scrapbook or photo album. Thank you!
Weaving Stories: Oral and Shared Histories Retold in Pictographic Symbols
My artistic expression thru weaving uses color, texture and symbols as a means to tell a story and recount the important people, events, and happenings in my life. Typically, I have plenty of sourcework for inspiration. Though I will spend considerable time piecing together and refining a cohesive rendering of a person thru these woven storyboards. The message should inspire a simply meaningful and true snapshot in the mind's eye of the subject, much as cave drawings and paintings accomplished for early man. Surface design and textural elements further impart an history and depth in the telling of each story. Surface design elements can be as varied as antique grosgrain ribbon, sliced ribbons of acrylic sheeting, metallic ribbon, rayon thread and silk gossamer for the backing.
This pictographic portrait weaving tells my father's story. The central mandala might be meaningful to a minority of science and math geeks. Yet, it is likely an anachronism amongst the further shrinking circle of my father's surviving peers. He simply described this as a round slide rule representing all numbers real and imagined, positive and negative. His universe per se. I was about eight years of age when he explained this while showing me a printed image littered with numbers on an aged thin piece of onion skin paper. This image burbled to the surface of my recollection as the central theme of his story, some thirty years later as I conceptualized this weaving.
Somehow, I kept and then rediscovered this original page after many years. Stolen memories of dodging painful long division math problems as typical ambling deviations in his best intentioned attempts at homework assistance. You can imagine my father's delight and surprise upon unrolling the weaving on the floor as it unveiled the mandala, paired with the original and now anciently yellowed onion skin page. He had not remembered sharing this with me; had not recalled having imparted something as important in the day to day grind. He couldn't have known, thru my glazed eye look, that it was more an intriguingly beautiful symbol to me than mathematical construct.
Our relationship wove together in ways neither of us could have known or appreciated, two years prior to his passing. In that moment, despite the barriers of our far afield flung interests, we created a newfound tabula rasa. Enduring in my life you have been dad, like mirrors reflecting mirrors over time into infinity. Grateful that we looked each other eye to eye, saw each other, made our peace; respected, loved and learned from each other. A well told story with chapters in the making, yet to unfold.
Owner, Maker, Designer, Vintager, Artist, Weaver & Storyteller
My skills as a fiber artist include weaving, surface design, hand dyeing fabric/yarn, basketry and hand crafted book binding. My Shop Avatar is my own youthful life mask colorfully embellished with a sculptural peyote hand stitched seed bead skin.
Returns & exchanges
- Custom or personalized orders
- Perishable products (like food or flowers)
- Digital downloads
- Intimate items (for health/hygiene reasons)
- Items on sale
- To communicate with you about your order
- To fulfill your order
Frequently asked questions
Custom or Personalized Orders and Payment
• I offer a variety of color, design and standardized size options.
• If you require something more specific, please inquire with details.
• Custom order Processing time prior to shipment is 1-2 weeks, unless specific supplies need to be sourced and pre ordered.
• You will be updated and informed as your customized item progresses to completion and final shipment.
• Payment in full at time of order for all items, including made to order custom Items.
• Any further customization requested after the order is made / paid for may require additional charges as appropriate to reflect added costs in labor, materials or wastage.
Gift wrapping and packaging
• All my items are well packaged, attentively and attractively wrapped like gifts in tissue paper and tied with a matching ribbon or string with a bow.
• If you require more specific or elaborate giftwrapping, please ask prior to purchase, as an additional handling fee may be required.
• Please note any of the following in advance of your purchase: The wrapping needs to reflect an event for more formal or specific giftwrap; Addressee is gift recipient; include customized gift card; Don't include receipt with price details, etc.
• I maximize customer economy and efficiency in my shipping prices, using USPS Priority or First Class shipping.
• I ship economy USPS Parcel Post or UPS as needed for larger or heavier items.
• I will accommodate customer requests for preferred shipping method, with cost agreed upon prior to purchase.
• I carefully package each item securely to prevent damage or loss in transit.
• I recycle and re-use clean packing materials to keep them out of the waste-stream.
• I include a confirmation or signature tracking number in my shipping and handling to better provide loss prevention for the buyer and seller.
• Tracking information is posted upon shipment. An estimated delivery date will be noted; it is not a guaranteed delivery date.
Excellent Customer Service:
• I accurately reflect all item conditions in detailed descriptions / photos.
• I promptly respond to any questions prior to purchase.
• I measure / describe all clothing in highly detailed actual measurements.
• For Best Fit: Add to Bust / Hip measurements a minimum of 4 - 6 Inches or more for stiffer fabrics or roomier fit, and less for form fitting knits or jerseys.
• Seller insures select items. All Items are securely packed and shipped.
• If an insured item is damaged or lost, the buyer needs to allow inspection by the shipper, including the original packaging, and / or complete all procedures for filing forms prior to replacement or refund.
• Loss prevention is managed by the above policies and excellent communication.
Requests for International Shipping Orders
• Individually considered; shipping cost agreed upon prior to purchase.
• Seller only Internationally ships using most conservative Loss Prevention methods, Including: insured, Registered and / or Signature Return Receipt Mail.
• These services are substantially more costly in addition to 1st class or flat rate international mail price.
• If interested in further details, please inquire by dropping me a note with your specific destination postal zip code information.
• NOTE: If buyer defaults on payment of any required destination import fees or taxes, only upon confirmed return receipt of original / undamaged item back to seller, a refund minus any/all seller incurred shipping / handling or damage recoup cost will be issued to buyer.