gjdmama on Jun 16, 2016
Exactly the sort of postcard design I was searching for. Love the art.
Postcards are the original social media.
Welcome to my world. This is a world where hand-written greetings and wonderful images make people smile. This is a world where a small piece of paper is meant to be saved and possibly cherished for a lifetime. This is a world of sets and categories, printing and cursive, fountain pens and typewriters, vintage stamps and collectible postmarks. This is a world of memories and sentimentality. Postcards are the original Facebook. And where Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Snapchat are fleeting snippets of life, but postcards are histories.
What is a Deltiologist?
A Deltiologist is someone who collects postcards.
How did you get started collecting postcards?
When I was 5 years old my Grandfather who lived in Germany sent me a postcard with a cute illustration of a little girl. Soon, I was collecting the whole series as well as postcards from everywhere and everyone.
How many collections do you have?
I have 3 main collections:
• postcards from family members, kept in an album chronologically so that it tells a family history.
• a large collection of postcards from trading sites that range from camels to Inge Löök (a Finnish artist).
• a collection of antique French postcards from Poisson d’Avril (First of April).
• Postcards are the old-school Facebook. It’s an easy way to send a snippet of communication to someone.
• Postcards are cheaper to send – and faster to write - than letters.
• Unlike letters, postcards have pictures that can be put on fridge or in an album and make great souvenirs.
• It’s much easier to send a stranger a postcard than a letter – thus opening up the world to meet new people and learn about new places.
Do you also collect stamps?
How’d you guess?
Are you on any social media?
Yes, you can find MaxAndCoPost on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest. I also have a blog at MaxAndCoPost.com
Owner, Creator, Photographer
Welcome to my world where handwritten greetings & romantic images make people smile. A world of cursive, typewriters, fountain pens & vintage stamps. Where facebook, instagram, & twitter are fleeting snippets of life, but postcards are histories.
If you don't see what you are looking for, drop us a line.
Accepted payment methods
- Accepts Etsy gift cards
We do charge sales tax in Washington state.
All orders are packaged securely with sturdy cardboard photo mailers.
Most listings can be shipped FIRST CLASS or PRIORITY mail. If you do not see a listing with the shipping option you are looking for, send me a message.
Refunds and Exchanges
If there is a manufacturers defect in the postcards you receive, you may return them for an exchange or refund.
No exchanges or returns on grab bag lots.
Please convo me before returning merchandise.