lskrieg on Sep 26, 2016
kathleensailormomdun on Jan 5, 2016
These beautiful earrings were everything I asked for them to be and so much more....delicate and lovely and the color of the amethysts was perfect. THANK YOU MGB STUDIO!!!
fubdub on Dec 26, 2015
My girlfriend hasn't stopped wearing this thing. Thank you
SAILORmade ARTISTdesigned - one of a kind adornments by Monique Burgess
When the kids were toddlers, we sailed away. Far away. After 2 years of cruising family life, we knew we had to do it again when they were older. In 2008, we did just that. NEWPORT, Rhode Island to AUCKLAND, New Zealand.
Just the 4 of us.
Living on a 48-foot catamaran for a few years will alter your world...for the better. It was then I realized my need to create jewelry was more than a hobby, it was a craving, a necessity.
I fell in love with natural objects, beach treasures, and textures. These common things are beautifully manipulated by island cultures. Their jewelry and lifestyle touched my world in many ways.
My designs are inspired by red coral REEFS submerged in turquoise waters and dotted with tropical fish, lush mountains that shoot straight out of the OCEAN, FAMILY hikes to waterfalls, and of course, coiled ROPE, taught lines, vertical halyards, grainy TEAK wood, critical shiny cleats and colorful SPINNAKERS. Some of these items painted my daily scenes, others were my foundation, my insurance, my safety.
If something doesn't FEEL comfy around my wrist or neck, it will never come out of my jewelry box. Wearing my items, you'll find them molding to your body, absorbing your natural oils and curves. After a few times, they should slip on with ease.
My FIRST MATE and I will return to the watery life of cruising again. It's a DREAM we could live over and over. Fortunately, my jewelry supplies are portable and will join me on my global adventures.
~~recent press article at:
~~travelogue at~~ http://www.sailingzen.com
~~Instagram at~~ http://instagram.com/moniqueburgess/#
OCEAN surrounds me. I'm an Aquidneck Islander - RHODE ISLAND. Lived in EUROPE, S AMERICA, S PACIFIC and NEW ZEALAND. Dad was from India, Mom is American-Italian - curry and pasta - yummo! ARTIST from birth, JEWELER since 2008.
* All the jewelry found in MGBstudio is custom-made by hand, so tiny differences may occur that make each piece truly unique.
*If you need your item quicker due to a birthday or other deadline, please let me know in "notes to the seller" or a convo and I will try my best to accommodate you! All items come in unique origami gift "box" so they are ready for gifting yourself or someone else.
Accepted payment methods
- Accepts Etsy gift cards
* If you don't have a PayPal account don't hesitate in getting one, it is completely free, and it gives you lots of payment options.
* If any customs fee occurs when receiving the package, it will be responsibility of the customer.
* After I receive your payment, it will take me 1 week to prepare your order (unless a part/supply is on back order or a special delivery time was previously specified)
* I will ship to your Etsy account address. If you want it delivered to another address please let me know immediately after payment.
* All the orders are shipped FIRST CLASS with US POSTAL SERVICE (unless upgraded shipping was ordered), this service does NOT include tracking number or insurance.
* International delivery times are regularly 1-2 weeks but may take up to 4-5 if bad weather or extraordinary situations take place. (seller is not responsible if USPS delays the delivery for more than the previously stipulated time).
* I'm not responsible if USPS loses or damages a package, but I'm always willing to help contacting them if any problem occurs.
* If you need a rush delivery, you can add Priority Overnight for $25 or if you would like your package insured please contact me to verify shipping rates.
Refunds and Exchanges
* The pictures of the products describe them faithfully. However, if you receive your product and is not what you expected, you can ship it back to MGBstudio (you'll have to pay for shipping) and when I receive it I'll refund your money.