Announcement Have you ever felt the need to rebuild your life? That's what I'm doing. For the last few years, I withdrew from the world to care for my husband. He had Alzheimer's. He died at home, in my arms. Now I'm drawing on the spirituality that gave me strength, using it to create the items you'll find here: Goddess-inspired jewelry, drawstring treasure bags, linen shawls, bespoke handfasting cords, oathing stones, ritual items to welcome a baby, launch a project, make a personal vow, and much more. All made with magic in mind!
Have you ever felt the need to rebuild your life? That's what I'm doing. For the last few years, I withdrew from the world to care for my husband. He had Alzheimer's. He died at home, in my arms. Now I'm drawing on the spirituality that gave me strength, using it to create the items you'll find here: Goddess-inspired jewelry, drawstring treasure bags, linen shawls, bespoke handfasting cords, oathing stones, ritual items to welcome a baby, launch a project, make a personal vow, and much more. All made with magic in mind!
moosemom514 on Aug 23, 20165 out of 5 stars
So happy with our Gra and the personalized customer service! Thank you Moon River Rituals!
Jewelry for the Spirit, Unique Bridal Belts and Handfasting Cords & Ceremony Items
My Etsy shop was inspired by my work in the Happily Ever After business. As a wedding officiant, I’ve met with hundreds of couples planning their wedding day. Two comments from them inspired me to create this shop:
“We want something spiritual, not religious.”
“We want something different.”
As a romance novelist, I see every couple’s journey as a love story worth telling. That makes it easy for me to rely on love, not liturgy, for the wedding ceremony. I’m also a ritualist with over 20 years’ of experience creating rituals for individuals, couples, families, and communities. Rituals are the key to a “spiritual, not religious” ceremony. In creating new wedding rituals for my couples, I wound up creating new ceremony items. They include:
• Handfasting Cords – Mine cords flat, not braided, and each one is approximately 9 feet long. Being flat with a design that covers every inch of the front side (as opposed to a few decorative inches in the middle), one of my cords can can easily be worn as a bridal belt or sash for a wedding gown. Add a knot as part of each milestone anniversary, hand it down to the next generation, and the cord becomes an heirloom. Why do I make the cords 9 feet long? Because 3x3 is the formula for magic!
• Oathing stones for wedding vows and personal promises of any kind
• A nesting pair of hand-painted owls – They can also be used when a couple makes their vows. The nesting pair makes a unique housewarming gift, too.
• A nesting pair of hand-painted owls with a baby owlet, nest and moss for an inter-generational baby blessing ritual. Blending families can add additional owlets for each child.
• Individually made wedding wish jars with hearts carved from semiprecious stone – The accompanying ritual offers a lovely way to involve honor attendants in the ceremony.
• Beaded keys for a wedding ritual involving the parents. Coming in November 2019!
As a certified Life-Cycle Celebrant, I create rituals for rites of passage beyond weddings: baby naming ceremonies, blessings for new homes and vow renewals. I also create rituals for divorces, funerals and memorials. Let's face it. The road through life has potholes.
The desire for “something different” also inspired the jewelry I now offer in the shop. As you read the descriptions for each, you’ll see their connection to the worlds of dreams and desires, seasons and stars, myth and magic.
Finally, those two comments from my couples also inspired me to launch Ritual Recipes - a podcast full of practical magic to nourish your inner life. For more info, please visit MoonRiverRituals.com. In the meantime, may every day give you something to celebrate!
Owner, Creator, Wedding Officiant & Ceremony Designer
Rituals give meaning to the small moments and the grand milestones in life. Through Moon River Rituals, my goal is to inspire individuals, couples, families, and communities to use the power of ritual to enrich their own world and the world we share.