hburton568 on Mar 22, 2017
Super fast delivery and beautifully wrapped with a note and a vintage photograph too! Love the dress.
Michaela Edwards on Nov 6, 2016
Gorgeous dress. Excellent service.
vintage clothing for modern vixens
Mystery Girl Vintage offers a curated collection of vintage clothing, accessories and decor from the 1920s through mid-80s, specializing in fabulous frocks. (No offense to tops or bottoms, we just really love a good dress.)
Despite the fact most of the shop's information is written in third person plural, MGV is a one woman operation, run by a woman who has had a love affair with old things since she was young enough to be considered a girl.
If you're looking for something specific but don't see it listed here, get in touch! We're always on the prowl, unearthing unique treasures to pass along to vintage loving vixens of all shapes & sizes…
Accepted payment methods
International orders are shipped via USPS First Class International Mail. (Unfortunately tracking numbers are not available for international First Class packages.)
International customers, please be aware of customs laws and duties in your country before ordering. The buyer is responsible for additional fees imposed by their country.
Refunds and Exchanges
(That said, I do want you to be happy with your purchase so if you are unhappy with something you ordered, please get in touch with me ASAP and we'll do our best to work out a resolution everyone can be happy with.)
Additional policies and FAQs
• Vintage sizes as listed on the tag are quite different from modern sizing and the "fits like a" sizes listed are an estimate.
• Measurements are taken while the garment is laying flat, seam to seam, then doubled for bust, waist, hips.
• Measurements given reflect the dimensions of the garment itself - not the person who will be wearing it. Unless the fabric has a significant amount of stretch, it's always a good idea to allow an extra inch or two of wiggle room to help ensure a good fit.
(Using myself as an example, I wear a size 36 bra but, generally speaking, need a dress with at least a 38" bust in order to properly accommodate "the girls.")
• For best fit, compare the measurements to a similar piece in your closet. (And feel free to convo me if you have any questions about a specific piece or would like additional measurements or photos.)
Please keep in mind that vintage items - like me - have at least a few decades of life behind them and we all have our flaws. (Perfection is over-rated in my opinion anyway.) If / when I see any flaws, I make a point of pointing them out. However I am human and it is possible I may occasionally miss a small detail here or there.
• excellent: item has been worn but shows little or no visible signs of wear
• very good: item shows normal signs of wear consistent with it's age; may have a minor flaw such as a snag or small hole, fading / discoloration, or a repair in an inconspicuous place (noted in listing)
• good: item shows obvious signs of wear or notable blemishes (noted in listing); may benefit from cleaning, mending or repair
• fair: shows significant signs of wear and / or has visible flaws (noted in listing); best meant for display, study or repurposing
Most items have been cleaned / laundered before they are photographed and will arrive ready to wear. If an item has not been cleaned, or needs a little additional loving, it will be noted in the individual listing.
If you would like additional measurements, photos or have any other questions about a specific piece or the shop in general, please feel free to convo me.
Thanks for reading down this far!