Announcement A bohemian mecca; a metaphysical emporium! Featuring fine handcrafted divination devices, clothing for humans, bags, jewelry, bumper stickers and more.
A bohemian mecca; a metaphysical emporium! Featuring fine handcrafted divination devices, clothing for humans, bags, jewelry, bumper stickers and more.
Richard A Harting on May 8, 20225 out of 5 stars
Nicely designed pendulum card for practicing movements of the pendulum to receive answers to questions. Fast delivery of product.
5 out of 5 stars
Beautiful pendulum board The photography is awesome-perfect size All the mini pendulums are beautiful-love them all Thank you so much for the extra one and all the other special extras Excellent seller A++++ Great customer service Thank you-Bright Blessings!!!!
5 out of 5 stars
Beautiful pendulum board The photography is awesome-perfect size Excellent seller A+++ Thank you!!!
5 out of 5 stars
Beautiful pendulum board The photography is awesome-perfect size Excellent seller A+++ Thank you!!!!
5 out of 5 stars
Beautiful pendulum board The photography is awesome - perfect size Thank you!!!!
Bambi on Feb 1, 20215 out of 5 stars
My sons name is Orion so I had to have this pendulum mat. ❤️ It’s just like the photo and I love it. Also you can tell this seller cares about each sale and they package the order so sweet with little extras. Thanks so much.
Emma on Jan 31, 20215 out of 5 stars
A beautiful, sturdy pendulum mat! I love it! Just used it in my first session tonight and it helped so much in gauging the responses I received. Fast shipping, highly recommend.
"It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are." E.E. Cummings
I grew up during the heady space race years in Florida. Kidney shaped coffee tables, mustard yellow shag carpet, palm trees and gold flecked formica everything. Oh yeah. The neighborhood kids were normal, but playing with dolls was not my thing so I spent a lot of time alone. My imagination was my best friend. I spent countless hours exploring the swampy areas around our home, pretending to be a member of King Arthur's court, watching the sky for UFOs or talking with my friend, Mr. Needles, the pine tree. We lived near the coast so beach trips happened most weekends. The ocean was my first love. It was a magical time. In the middle of this childhood revelry my parents decided it was time to 'move back home'. We went from flat, wide open views, sand and salty air to the mountains and trees and lush hills of Virginia. This made my parents very happy. I, however, insisted I would get dry rot.
Onward - I majored in technical theatre but managed to get caught up in the copy industry. There were other interesting jobs along the way: floral design apprentice, fashion photographer, retail display, carny, REALTOR, film crew, plus a few more. I went back to school twice. Once for computer science and once for interior design. Through all that the one constant was my art. I began painting in oil at age 8 (began exhibiting around age 12); started sewing in my teens (thanks Mom!); launched my first company, GothicV Capewear, in my twenties; taught myself pyrography in my thirties; dabbled in web and graphic design in my forties. Then the boot of destiny connected with my posterior, and I lost my job. I realized it was time to finally do what I love - ART. And that, dear friends, is how I ended up here!
Associated Etsy shops:
Peridot Clothing peridotclothing.etsy.com
Monster Rescue League monsterrescueleague.etsy.com
The Bohemian Wardrobe thebohemianwardrobe.etsy.com
In the area? Stop by my shop, The Mistik Bibelot, at Now Then & Again on Apperson!
Sign up for my eNewsletter: http://eepurl.com/yMeDX
A good thought:
"Never fear that you cannot do a certain thing, that you cannot bring out certain qualities from within you, that you cannot overcome obstacles on your path. Remember that all things are possible to a Power which governs the whole Universe and that you are the very embodiment of that Power. Latent within you are all those forces and qualities of yours. Your problem is to bring them out."
Fundamental Principles of Science of Being, page 15
Owner, Creator, Customer Service Packing & Shipping Photography
Tea drinker, thinker of big thoughts, monster rescuer, fantasy/sci-fi geek, mom. I really like Chinese take-out, Latin quotes and fabric. Lots of fabric.
Butt Swinging, Bird Watching, Hugs
Swagger Cat. He had surgery on his hip and as a result walks sideways, or slightly butt first. Rescued in 2012.
That Which Keeps Me Up At Night
Team Captain of The Roanoke Street Team
The Roanoke Street Team is a gathering place for Etsians in Roanoke, Salem and Vinton Virginia. The Roanoke Valley has a vibrant arts and crafts community. Use 'Roanoke Street Team' to search for our team members on Etsy!
Team Captain of the Divination Tool Artisans
We make the tools for readers! Talking boards, spirit boards, witch boards, Ouija boards, pendulum boards, pendulums, tarot bags, tarot cloths, rune bags, runes, dice, decks, tablecloths, hoodoo bags and more.
East Providence, RI
Moo is an amazing online print and design company. They make my paper pendulum boards and Toothcase Compensation Cards (visit http://pillowslips.etsy.com), because I swear there is a little bit of magic in their printing!
The Chimp abides. Sticker Junkie makes all of my bumper stickers. Staffed by an awesome group of people and their canines, they produce small (and large) batches of bumper stickers and custom stickers, 100% made in the USA.
Naturel Mistik is a bohemian mecca; a metaphysical emporium! I make fine handcrafted divination devices, all kinds of OOAK clothing, accessories, jewelry, home décor - pretty much anything that sparks my creative interest!
Accepted payment methods
Returns and exchanges
I gladly accept returns and exchanges
I don't accept cancellations
The following items can't be returned or exchanged
- Custom or personalized orders
- Perishable products (like food or flowers)
- Digital downloads
- Intimate items (for health/hygiene reasons)
- Items on sale
Returns and exchange details
* RETURN POLICY FOR SALE ITEMS: All sale items are final - no refunds or store credit will be given.
A FEW NOTES ...
* The woodburned Talking Boards, Pendulum Boards and certain other Divination Devices are not mass produced and any imperfections are characteristic of being made by hand. Returns will not be accepted because of this - examine the photos of the item you are interested in closely before you place your order. Feel free to contact me if you need more information about a particular piece. Also, returns will not be accepted because you are not satisfied with your 'answers' or you do not receive any 'answers'.
* Clothing items are not mass produced and any irregularities are characteristic of being made by hand. Upcycled clothing will have some wear, however, I endeavor to use clothing that does not have any structural issues (buttons are tight, zippers work, etc). Follow all care instructions - no refunds will be given due to negligent care. Laundromats are not the kindest on clothing. If you use a laundromat regularly, always use cold water, delicate/gentle cycle and dry on low.
* LAYAWAY: On certain higher priced items, or large multi-item purchases, I will accept payments with the understanding that ALL layaway payments are non-refundable. Generally I do not like to extend layaway past 3 months. Contact me and we can work something out.
* RESERVED ITEMS: See something you like but need a bit of time to gather the funds or get someone else's opinion? No problem! I am happy to reserve it for 5 days. If you have not purchased it after that time it will go back on sale to the public.
* SHIPPING CHARGES: Buyers pay the shipping. I will credit back any shipping difference (if over $1.00) within 3-4 days from when the order is shipped. I use USPS Tracking and Insurance for most items. Bumper stickers will go out as first class mail (see above note about shipping times), unless they are ordered with another item. If you need something faster I can overnight it - just remember, there will be an appropriate increase in shipping charges - contact me BEFORE purchasing.
* INTERNATIONAL ORDERS: I can ship your order internationally - contact me BEFORE purchasing to make shipping arrangements as the rates can be considerably higher for some countries. Also, international buyers will be responsible for VAT/GST, Import Fees, Customs Fees, Administration Fees, Luxury Taxes, etc. that may be required by your country upon delivery. Check with your postal service and/or appropriate government agency for more information before ordering (visit: http://www.dutycalculator.com). Items will not be sent as a 'gift' or have their stated monetary value reduced - this is a violation of US and international law - so don't ask. NOTE: International shipping times can be much longer than expected (from 2 weeks to a month or more) - plan accordingly and thank you in advance for your patience. The red tape is a pain, but I still love all of you international folks!
IMPORTANT: If you need your item(s) shipped to another address (work address or to somebody else) within the USA, send me a convo with the details. If using Paypal, you must add that address to your Verified List in Paypal before ordering. Then you can choose the alternate address where you would like the item sent. I will include a gift note for you free of charge!
* SHIPPING RETURNS: You pay the shipping charges for the item you are returning (thank you for using USPS Tracking & Insurance) and I will pay to ship the replacement item to you. If you are returning an item for refund or store credit, 1/2 of your shipping charges will be refunded back to you. Buyer accepts responsibility for loss if the returned item fails to arrive and USPS Tracking and Insurance were not used. No CODs.
Additional policies and FAQs
* All items are from a smoke-free, cat (Caspian) and dog (Murphy) owned home. Clothing items are washed in Charlie's Soap (http://www.charliesoap.com) after being modeled by a human or other living thing, then packaged so as to reduce exposure to allergens. That said, the cat thinks he owns the studio. If you have allergies I suggest you wash your clothing item before wearing.
* The fabric comes from my stash, which began in the early 1980s (to give you an idea of it's size). Plus, I seem unable to stop buying more fabric. I do my best to identify fabric content for each item, however, if I am unsure of the content (because I bought it a loooong time ago) I will label it as "undetermined fiber content" - even if it looks, walks and smells like 100% cotton. Natural fibers are always my first choice, blends second, and man-made fibers third. I try to stay away from wool as it makes me itch when I work with it.
* Clothing for upcycling is purchased at local estate sales, charity shops and yard sales. I check each piece for intact seams, working zippers, tears, etc. It is then washed, upcycled, washed again, and if modeled by a human or other living thing, washed once more.
* Various federal and state government agencies require that I inform you that certain products sold in my shop are for entertainment purposes only and are sold as curios. Items are not guaranteed to produce or give a specific result. Items are not to be used in place of professional medical advice. (This is in reference to all divination tools)
* ALTERATIONS: Sewing and alterations are not the same thing. I sew, but do not do alternations. Most dry cleaners offer alteration services at reasonable rates.
* CONTACT: You can send me a convo, of course!
PO Box 4404
Roanoke VA 24015
* REVIEWS: Thank you for caring enough to leave a review! It really does benefit the Etsy community. If you are unhappy with my products or service - contact me first! A hasty negative review benefits neither party. I truly appreciate your honest feedback on my work. Let me know if you think there is something I can improve upon. Also, I love to see your photos of my items!
* NOTE: I do my best to portray colors accurately in the photos and item descriptions. That said, monitors and eyes vary widely. If you are unsure of a color, contact me and I will do my best to describe it in more detail.
* ANOTHER NOTE: The size of each garment is listed in the item description. I do not have a 'standard' size chart and will do my best to show actual dimensions of each garment. Upcycled clothing will be listed at whatever the original maker specified (unless I alter it drastically). Remember - measure twice, order once!
* Just one more thing: THANK YOU for your support. You are awesome!