NFergusonJewellery is taking a short break
Note from shop owner
sjb2138 on Jan 25, 20175 out of 5 stars
A very fun, sleek ring. Clever design and well-executed. The seller was very communicative about ETA and tracking the package. She also helped me fix a sizing issue (my error in sizing and she was very accommodating). Would happily order from here again.
Lu on May 9, 20165 out of 5 stars
After the great experience I had with Nicole ordering some custom rings, I came back for some pearl studs in descending sizes which are absolutely stunning! I've looked for things like this before with no luck but Nicole has yet again made it happen and for a very reasonable price - chuffed!:)
My story so far...
Hi there! I'm Nicole and I hail from Orkney, a peedie (small) collection of islands just 6 miles north of Scotland. Orkney has no shortage of jewellers on the island and I was lucky enough to start an apprenticeship with, internationally renowned jeweller, Ola Gorie in 2002.
Since then, I have been lucky enough to work with and learn from some very talented jewellers in both Orkney and Aberdeen - where I now live.
My little shop eventually came about after growing demand from friends and family wanting me to create custom made jewellery for them. Seeing their happy little faces after receiving their pieces was the perfect little push I needed to take the plunge and start up Nicole Ferguson Jewellery.
Although my shop consists mainly of sterling silver jewellery, I also work with platinum, palladium, and gold.
Feel free to contact me if you would like one of my pieces to be made in one of these metals or if you have your own design in mind that you would like me to create for you.
If you like my shop, you’re welcome to follow my Facebook page to keep up to date with my latest news and antics: https://www.facebook.com/nicolefergusonjewellery
About Me: http://www.etsy.com/shop/NFergusonJewellery/about/
You can contact me through the Etsy Covno link or through email: info [!at] nicolefergusonjewellery.com
Owner, Maker, Designer
Welcome to my shop’s policies! I hope I’ve covered all the questions you may be asking yourself in the sections below; if there’s anything I haven’t covered please convo me and I’ll happily answer any queries.
Thanks for dropping in! :)
Back to Nicole Ferguson Jewellery: http://www.etsy.com/shop/NFergusonJewellery
Accepted payment methods
Returns & exchanges
New to Etsy? No worries! Just register an account: http://www.etsy.com/help/article/244 It’s easy and FREE! :)
Here is a guide to the check-out process: http://www.etsy.com/help/article/339
Items within the UK will be posted 1st class recorded delivery, everywhere else will be via Royal Mail Airsure or International Special Delivery. Once items are posted a convo will be sent with the Tracking Code and link to Track & Trace.
International Customs/Duty are the responsibility of the buyer.
Additional policies and FAQs
Silver may also leave black marks on the skin but in most cases the staining isn't caused by an allergy--it's a reaction between the skin and the silver when the jewellery touches areas that perspire – especially rings on a finger.
You can help to prevent your jewellery from tarnishing and keep sparkling for longer by following a few easy rules:
♥ Avoid spraying chemicals directly on to jewellery.
♥ Remove jewellery when in the shower or washing up as soap can not only tarnish it but can lodge in crevices dulling both the silver and any stones it contains. Also remove your jewellery when cleaning, gardening, playing sports, going to the beach (where the sand acts as an abrasive) or performing any other task which might give rise to dents, scratches or abrasions.
♥ If not wearing your jewellery for long periods of time, try to store it in a zip lock bag or air tight container to prevent any moisture from the air reaching it.
An old tip is to place a piece of chalk in your jewellery box/container to naturally absorb chemical residues in the air.
With the exception of emeralds, opals and pearls, jewellery can be cleaned in warm soapy water, brushing it gently with a soft brush such as a very soft toothbrush. Avoid using detergent (e.g. washing up liquid) as the chemicals can increase tarnishing or may even damage the silver – just plain, simple soap is best. After cleaning rinse the jewellery in warm water and dry thoroughly with a soft towel. If the piece is hard to dry (e.g. chains) then gently use a hair dryer to complete the drying process.
Emeralds, opals and pearls should simply be wiped with a damp, soft cloth since even soap can create a slight dulling of their shiny surfaces. After cleaning, polish them with a dry, soft cloth.
Between cleanings you can use a special silver polishing cloth that both removes tarnish and coats the silver with an anti-tarnishing agent. A single polishing cloth of this sort will last for a long time, still working even when it appears grubby from prior usage.
Snake Chains & Omega Cables
Snake chains and omega cables have an unusual semi-rigid form, which can make them susceptible to kinking. Careful storage is required to preserve their original shape. I would recommend hanging them or storing them carefully coiled in a box to prevent from being squashed.
DID YOU KNOW...One grain of silver can be made into a sheet one hundred and fifty times thinner than a piece of paper!
Back to Nicole Ferguson Jewellery: http://www.etsy.com/shop/NFergusonJewellery
1. Personal information
To fulfil your order, you must provide me with certain information (which you authorised Etsy to provide to me), such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information (for a custom order of jewellery, for example), if you contact me directly.
2. Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
• as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
• when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list;
• if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
3. Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
• Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
• Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
• Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
4. Data Retention
5. Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU
I may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, I may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If I am deemed to transfer information about you outside of the EU, I rely on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer, as Google Cloud is Privacy Shield certified.
6. Your Rights
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
• Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
• Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
• Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
• Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Me
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Nicole Ferguson, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at info [!at] nicolefergusonjewellery.com Alternately, you may mail me at:
Nicole Ferguson, 54, Aberdeen, AB21 9BD.