Announcement Thank you for visiting my shop! I am working on tons of mugs right now. Follow my studio world on Instagram @nicolepangas and stay up to date on new work coming to my shop by favoriting my Etsy shop and following me on FB www.facebook.com/NicolePangasCeramics. I create unique cups, mugs, tankards, pour over coffee filters, shaving bowls, and more in contemporary and skull themed designs. All are handmade using high fired stoneware clay- very durable and made to be used.
Thank you for visiting my shop! I am working on tons of mugs right now. Follow my studio world on Instagram @nicolepangas and stay up to date on new work coming to my shop by favoriting my Etsy shop and following me on FB www.facebook.com/NicolePangasCeramics. I create unique cups, mugs, tankards, pour over coffee filters, shaving bowls, and more in contemporary and skull themed designs. All are handmade using high fired stoneware clay- very durable and made to be used.
Kuduie73 on Sep 16, 2016
This is the third item I've bought now from you and once again I and my friend are completely amazed and in love with the pieces. They are beautiful and well-made and they always come quickly and beautifully and safely packaged. They are also sturdy and useful. Thank you so much. They all bring us a lot of joy.
Hands In Clay
My art has taken many forms throughout the years from ceramic sculptures, tiles, plates and platters to abstract paintings, prints, and collages. What has remained a constant throughout all of my work is the exploration of surface, line and texture. I am fascinated by the effects of heat and fire on glazed surfaces and enjoy the process of the kiln working its magic on my work.
I make my pots on the potters wheel using a very durable white stoneware clay.
My glazes are custom made by me in my studio. I view them as my painter's palette and my pottery as the paintings. I enjoy blending and experimenting with glazes to find unusual combinations. I fire my kiln very hot, to cone 10 (around 2350 degrees Fahrenheit) so the glazes really melt and flow which gives the skulls and other designs a lot of movement and life. I will often glaze fire the ware twice, sometimes three or four times, to get a richly layered and complex surface texture.
It is fulfilling work to make an artful object that is meant for everyday use and is also affordable so that many people can enjoy it. I hope you enjoy looking around my Etsy shop.
Owner, Maker, Designer
I have had my hands in clay for over 20 years making everything from sculpture and tiles to functional pottery. I view my pots as functional works of art, made to be used.
Thank you for visiting my shop! I am pleased to be able to offer my work to the Etsy audience. I enjoy sharing my work and want you to be completely happy with your purchase. Thank you for taking the time to read my shop policies. If you have any questions feel free to contact me at anytime.
Accepted payment methods
- Accepts Etsy gift cards
Your order will be shipped within 1-2 days after receipt of your payment, unless this is a made to order item.
Residents of Michigan will be charged the 6% state sales tax. Residents of other states are encouraged to check their own state’s tax laws regarding out of state, online purchases.
International customers are responsible for their own country's fees, taxes, customs, etc.
Made to order items will have specific processing times.
2. Any international customs duties, taxes, etc. are the responsibility of the buyer.
3. Please reuse or recycle packaging materials once you have received your order.
Refunds and Exchanges
Please contact me immediately if you are unsatisfied with your order or if it is damaged.
I will accept returns if there is a fault with the item or something like it doesn't fit your hand, etc. and you must notify me immediately.
Refunds will include the cost of purchase minus shipping if the item arrives in its original condition. Return shipping costs and safe return are the responsibilities of the customer. Please contact me if you have any question.
I have never had any items damaged in transit but if it does happen, please contact me immediately. If possible, take photos of the package and the damage.
Additional policies and FAQs
My work is made using a durable stoneware clay and fired very, very hot for superior durability. You do not have to baby it or worry about it. But, with that being said, I do have a few recommendations.
So that means the handles will not fall off for any reason (unless you whack it on something) and the pot will not turn into mud if you wash it.
1. Do not drive with pottery in your hand or in your car in general. I've had several people break their cups when they [the cups] rolled out of the car [or maybe the person fell out of the car, don't know]. It's also bad to have a mug full of hot coffee or tea flying around in the car if you stop suddenly. Also, spilled milk in cars smells really bad and your car will smell like bad milk forever.
2. In order to avoid ever shocking the ware, do not subject handmade pottery to any type of sudden, extreme heating including over-microwaving or sticking in a hot oven if the item is cold- like don't put your iced coffee you left in your mug, in the refrigerator, into the oven or microwave to warm it up. Be nice to your handmade pottery.
3. Washing handmade wares by hand is recommended. I do put my work in the dishwasher and it's been fine, though.
4. Okay.... you can put most of my work in the microwave and it will be fine, unless you forget about it and leave it in there for a long time. Don't put a stick of butter in it and set it to melt for 10 minutes. It might shock the ware or the glaze surface. DO NOT microwave any of my pots that are thick, like plates or bowls. They are too thick for a microwave and might heat unevenly which might crack them.
Email me if you have any questions.
Terms and Conditions:
When you purchase anything from Nicole Pangas Ceramics on Etsy you agree to hold Nicole Pangas harmless from any loss, damage or injury due to any products purchased from me. My maximum liability to you is the amount you paid for the item(s) purchased. All items offered on this site are provided "as is" and without warranties of any kind, whether expressed or implied. Note: I reserve the right to update these policies at any time.