OakandAlchemy

Industrial, Repurposed, Design Driven Furniture

Hamilton, Canada | 159 Sales

OakandAlchemy

Industrial, Repurposed, Design Driven Furniture

Hamilton, Canada 159 Sales On Etsy since 2013

5 out of 5 stars
(46)

Announcement   All our pieces are designed with the absolute most sustainable and durable materials. We want to make furniture that will truly last forever by using solid, industrial grade elements. Something you can pass down for generations upon generations. I don't sell anything I wouldn't put in my own home. In fact my home has inspired 90% of the designs that we offer. And I'm probably jealous of the other 10%.

We are trying our best to run at 3-4 weeks wait time or less and we can't wait to make your custom piece perfect for your living space.

Announcement

Last updated on Apr 7, 2018

All our pieces are designed with the absolute most sustainable and durable materials. We want to make furniture that will truly last forever by using solid, industrial grade elements. Something you can pass down for generations upon generations. I don't sell anything I wouldn't put in my own home. In fact my home has inspired 90% of the designs that we offer. And I'm probably jealous of the other 10%.

We are trying our best to run at 3-4 weeks wait time or less and we can't wait to make your custom piece perfect for your living space.

Nate Walker

Contact shop owner

Nate Walker

View all 58 items

Reviews

Average item review
5 out of 5 stars
(46)
See reviews that mention:
quality 15 shipping 4 customer service 10
View all 46 reviews

About

Oak + Alchemy | Modern Designed Furniture Built from Industrial Materials Made in Hamilton, Ontario | Shipped Worldwide

As the owner of Oak and Alchemy, I was always inspired by interior design growing up. Whether it be in movies, a magazine, or all over Pinterest as we see today. How you design the place you call home really captivates who you are as a person. I also knew I wanted to be my own boss after really being inspired by the entrepreneurs in my life. So at the age of 21, my mom and I renovated an old home to be open concept. We didn’t have a coffee table for about a year and after becoming tired of many drinks being spilled I decided we needed a statement piece to bring everything in the room together. I decided to make her a Reclaimed Pallet Coffee Table for Christmas. Everyone who then came over raved about how cool it was and how I should sell them. By April I was convinced. I posted Mom’s table on the local Classifieds and within a week it was sold and gone (she has since received numerous pieces since then). I would then spend that summer in the backyard making and selling close to a hundred coffee tables. My love and also hate for reclaimed wood became something I could not deny. The character in old wood and feel of making something with your hands is one of the most rewarding things I have ever experienced. Even if it takes getting splinters clear through your hand whilst doing so. That winter I found an industrial shop for the business to call home.

Our designs have now matured and we are now welding pieces I never could have imagined. We compete with furniture shops I use to look up to and obsess over. My furniture has led me to meet so many talented individuals that inspire me to step up my game every single day. It has also given me opportunities to work with my best friends, and also to have the satisfaction of providing people with custom furniture that will truly withstand the hands of time. I have seen my furniture in open houses locally, in Europe and all over the states and I certainly will never forget when one of the Property Brothers commented on one of our pieces on Instagram. It’s those little things that keep me inspired and driven to create new designs and meet new people through my passion and furniture. I know Oak & Alchemy is only one chapter of my love for Interior Design and I can’t wait to see where it leads.

Thanks so much,

Nate

Around the web

Shop members

  • Nate Walker

    Owner, Maker, Designer, Photographer, The Man With The Plan

  • Ryan Rainville

    Maker, Designer, Welder, "the Mechanic", "the Muscle", "the COUZ"

Shop policies

Last updated on April 7, 2018

Accepted payment methods

  • Visa
  • Mastercard
  • American Express
  • Discover
  • Apple Pay
  • Klarna
  • Sofort
  • Ideal
  • Paypal
  • GiftcardAccepts Etsy Gift Cards and Etsy Credits
Returns and exchanges
I gladly accept returns and exchanges
Contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back within: 30 days of delivery
I don't accept cancellations
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
The following items can't be returned or exchanged
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
  • Custom or personalized orders
  • Perishable products (like food or flowers)
  • Digital downloads
  • Intimate items (for health/hygiene reasons)
Returns and exchange details
Within 28 days of arrival!
Payment
We accept cash, PAYPAL, and Credit
Shipping
CAN DELIVER LOCALLY for free, Please contact for direct quote.
Additional policies and FAQs
Do we make custom pieces? Yes