Anonymous on Jan 7, 2013
Adorable! :D One of my favorite halloween decorations. Excellent quality and attention to detail. <3
Anonymous on Dec 11, 2012
Really awesome batmeleon. well done and simply adorable ^^
Fiber art toys for the quirky and the creative.
When I was four, I remember my mother sitting in the living room of our tiny home with my sister and I, teaching us how to sew basic doll skirts and plush mice. As I grew up, my focus shifted elsewhere, to painting, sculpture, and various other forms of fine arts, but my interest in sewing always remained. In 2006 or so, when I was 18, I wanted to make my then-boyfriend a unique and heartfelt birthday gift, so I decided to try my hand at making a "real" plushie for the first time. In doing so, I discovered that I really enjoy putting together the puzzle that is a plushie! Figuring out what shapes come together to form the physical realization of the idea in my head is REALLY exciting and rewarding, and being able to share that with others in a way that makes people happy is even better!
Fast forward a few years, and I was again making plushies for fun, giving them to family and friends. After a short while, they began encouraging me to open an Etsy shop, and a few months later I gathered my courage, took the plunge, and OneTrueTree was born!
Over time my focus has changed a lot; in the beginning I started out with felt owls and then moved to sweet monsters made out of faux fur and fleece, and then drifted in a different direction again. I feel that it's taken the exploration of these different ideas to narrow down where my true passion lies, and more recently it's led my interest to the fantastical world of art toys -- that happy medium between Art and Play. I think OneTrueTree will stay on that path for a while!
No matter the direction OneTrueTree takes, I hope that with my work I can bring a smile to as many faces as possible!
All of my products are handmade by me (sometimes with assistance from a sewing machine for things like doll clothing). Full disclosure: Occasionally my boyfriend, James, helps me with small tasks like stuffing when I'm in a time crunch, or being my "pliersman" by using pliers to help me push needles through a particularly tough bit of painted fabric after my fingers have become raw.
Owner, Maker, Designer, Curator, Photographer, Marketer, Shipper, Blogger
I'm silly and I'm scatterbrained, and I use far too many smiley faces. I've always had the urge to create, ever since I could hold a crayon. These days I'm enjoying exploring the possibilities presented by fiber art and the joy of TOYS!
All OneTrueTree Creations items are my own original designs/patterns, and are hand sewn, appliqued, and embroidered with love and care in my smoke-free, pet-free home. I take great care to not expose my fabrics or work projects to cat hair, oils, saliva, or dander. However, I do currently care for and pet two outdoor cats, so there is a small chance that exposure to cat allergens may happen.
My products are usually made out of one or more of the following fabrics and materials: wool felt or wool/rayon-blend felt, cotton or cotton/polyester-blend fabric, faux fur, wire, yarn, beads, buttons. I outline what each item is made from in the item descriptions. I do hope to explore my options when it comes to vegan materials; if you would like to special order an item made from vegan materials please convo me!
★ All OneTrueTree products are collectible creations and are largely intended for display. They should not be given to children under the age of 12, as wires and buttons can pose a choking or injury hazard, and my creations may not stand up to rough play. ★
For custom ordering info, please scroll down to the "Additional Information" section.
Accepted payment methods
- Accepts Etsy gift cards
- Money Order
1. All items are listed in $ USD. Shipping is not included in the list prices.
2. PayPal or direct checkout is preferred, but I also accept personal and cashiers checks, money orders, and WELL-concealed cash (at YOUR own risk; I do not take responsibility for cash that gets lost in the mail). Typically, a good way to conceal cash is to fold it into at least two pieces of printer paper or notebook paper and send it in a regular business envelope or a large manila envelope.
3. Items will not be shipped until payment has been received; in the case of checks, the item will not be shipped until the check has cleared.
4. Your item will be shipped within 3-5 days after payment is received/cleared, at which time you will be notified about its imminent arrival, and if applicable, provided with a tracking number (see shipping policy for more info).
5. Sales tax is applicable to California residents.
6. If you would like a printed invoice, please send me a convo; to save paper, I do not print invoices unless specifically requested.
Note: If I do not receive payment within three days of the order being placed, I will convo you to ask for clarification of the situation. If I haven't heard from you in another three days, your order will be canceled.
1. I do not ship items until payment has been received; in the case of checks/money orders, the item will not be shipped until the payment has cleared.
2. I ship my items via USPS First Class mail, Priority mail, or parcel post (depending on weight and size), in cardboard boxes or padded envelopes that may either be brand new or reused -- I try to be as environmentally friendly as I can.
3. I do ship internationally; tracking on international packages is an additional $13 and may not always be available. In the case of additional international shipping customs fees, etc, the buyer is responsible for payment.
4. Items usually will be shipped within 3 days of receiving payment. If it is a custom order I will let you know approximately how long it will take to make and ship. I always inform the customer the day that the item has been shipped, and provide them with their tracking number, if applicable. Items can be tracked here: http://www.usps.com/shipping/trackandconfirm.htm
5. I ship to the name/address that shows up on the invoice. If you would like me to ship your item to a different name or address, please be sure to include a note in your purchase or to convo me immediately before or after making your purchases.
I am not responsible for items that get lost or damaged in the mail.
Refunds and Exchanges
If you are not satisfied with your purchase, it is returnable within TWELVE days after its *ship date* for USA purchases, and within EIGHTEEN days after its *ship date* for international purchases. The item must be returned in the same condition in which it arrived. You will be reimbursed for the cost of the item and the initial shipping price, but return shipping will not be provided.
★★★ Custom items are not returnable. ★★★
Additional policies and FAQs
CUSTOM ORDERING INFO:
★★★ Custom order deadline 2013 is November 22nd! Place your custom orders before November 22nd to ensure arrival by Christmas.
All custom orders require a non-refundable 25% deposit before work will begin.
If you would like to order a custom doll or chameleon, send me a convo outlining what you have in mind, or click the "Request Custom Order" button to the left of the shop and fill out the form so that we can discuss the price and production details.
If you have any questions, please let me know!
★★★ Unless otherwise outlined in the item description, OneTrueTree Creations products should NOT be machine washed or machine dried. In fact, most items should not be gotten wet at all. ★★★
Felt cleaning instructions:
Felt should not be dry cleaned, put in the washing machine or dryer, and should not be rubbed or scrubbed.
To clean your felt, first make sure that it absolutely needs to be cleaned. If it's just something like crumbs, wait for the crumbs to fully dry and then use a dry sponge or cloth to gently brush the debris off.
If your felt truly needs to be washed, fill a basin with cool water (do not use soap), and fully submerge the item, gently squeezing the air bubbles out of it if need be. Then, with the item still submerged, gently squeeze the water out of the item, like a sponge. DO NOT rub! If you need to, continue squeezing it this way until you feel it is clean. You can always leave it soaking overnight.
To dry it, gently squeeze all the water out, reshape it, and let it air dry. It'll feel really stiff at first, but will soften with handling.
★★★ Note: Posable creations should not be gotten wet. The best ways to keep posable items clean are careful dusting and vacuuming, and display or storage in a place where they will not be soiled.
Wool doll clothing:
Care for knitted/crocheted wool items is much the same as caring for wool felt items. Do not scrub, rub together, or machine wash wool items or it will pill or felt together and shrink. To wash, submerge in room temperature water with a TINY bit of gentle soap like Woolite or some such. Swish the item around in the water with your hand to create suds, being careful not to scrub/rub the item together. Let it soak for a few minutes before removing the item from the water. Gently squeeze a couple times - do not squeeze too tightly or rub it together. Refill your wash container with clean water without soap, and re-submerge the item and gently squeeze it like you would a wool-felt fabric toy. Do not wring, twist, squeeze tightly, or scrub/rub. Remove the item from the water and gently squeeze some of the water out. Lay the item on a towel, being careful not to misshape the item too much, and roll the item up in the towel. Press down on the towel, squeezing the water out of the garment and letting it get soaked up by the towel. Lay the item out on a second, dry towel (make sure it's not in the sun) and let it air-dry, flipping it over halfway through if you need to.