trained potter seeks interested audience
I am a BFA Ceramics graduate (1970's), currently working in cone six stoneware, electric firing, sometimes and in someways functional, artistic tending, hobby potter in Wilmington, N.C. I opened my Etsy store while living in Mobile, Alabama but have now relocated to North Carolina. Having found a place to continue working in clay, I am in process of restocking my store. I enjoy exploring the creative freedom of clay but believe that must be united with good craftsmanship. My most recent visual interest would be described as whimsy and simplicity set in a vintage frame. Your interest is encouraged and appreciated. - carl
Around the web
Trained potter - BFA Ceramics from Missouri State University. Since retiring, attended ULAR ceramics, art guilds in Mobile, Al. show at Art Council, local art fairs, awards in local shows. Currently working at Fat Cat Pottery Wilmington, N.C.
I strive for artistic expression guided by solid craftsmanship.
I use only high quality cone 6 clay and glazes.
All my work is lead free.
My work is fired in an electric kiln to cone 5-6 temperatures - 2100+ degrees / F
Work intended for eating or drinking is food and dishwasher safe
My work is not intended for stove top or oven use
Food safe statement does not apply to decorative work not intended for food use.
Accepted payment methods
- Money Order
2. I ship to the person making payment for the item
- if you wish an item shipped to a special address, please ask
3. I ship by USPS Priority or First Class depending on item - Insured.
4. I use delivery confirmation not requiring signature.
- If you wish an item shipped requiring a signature, please ask
5. When possible and economical, I use flat rate boxes.
6. Combine shipping on items is stated in the shipping cost on each item.
7. Process time to ship is 3-5 days from the date of payment.
8. Shipping is non- refundable on a returned item.
9. Note: Some "marked" items shipped - uninsured
Refunds and Exchanges
2. Contact me during that seven day period of your intention to return the item
3. Item must be received by me within 7 days of the intention to return
4. I will refund the purchase price of the item only, not the shipping cost.
5. Return shipping method must be the same as sent, including insurance.
6. Return shipping is at your expense.
7. Refund will be issued after inspection of returned item and only if returned item is in same condition as sent.
Additional policies and FAQs
Price & time required to complete custom orders will be discussed upon inquiry.