Announcement Jewellery and gifts designed and created in County Durham, in the North East of England. Each individually handcrafted piece is unique, so no two items will ever be the same!
Jewellery and gifts designed and created in County Durham, in the North East of England. Each individually handcrafted piece is unique, so no two items will ever be the same!
karensajohn on Mar 26, 20185 out of 5 stars
I absolutely love my orange necklace. Beautifully made, great value and fast delivery. ❤️ Thank you
Suise on Jan 12, 20175 out of 5 stars
Debra very kindly made me these buttons to replace ones on a coat I had bought. Very well made & lovely colours that really match. Highly recommended for unique & distintinctive buttons that really jazz things up.
John on Jan 12, 20175 out of 5 stars
The fused glass heart brooch arrived early. It is lovely and well crafted. Its for a friend who will love it.
The brooch arrived in a pretty box and bow and the owner had added a little gift of a heart key ring.
The item is fab for valentines day!
Thank you its lovely. John
David on Feb 24, 20155 out of 5 stars
Thank you so very much for the beautiful brooch! I have been enjoying it for a couple of weeks now, and receiving MANY compliments! Please forgive my late feedback, but never-the-less, I am very happy with my purchase!
Ping! The glass is 'cooked'!
I have always enjoyed making things with my hands. When I was a child, I tried everything from making dolls out of wooden clothes pegs (complete with historical costumes) to producing ceramic objets d'art on my toy potter's wheel. I have been knitting since I was six years old and made my first fairisle sock when I was ten, though it didn't fit and had to be 'upcycled' into a snake sock puppet!
I started making jewellery a few years ago, initially as a way of relaxing away from my busy job in a university library. I was bitten by the glass bug after attending some inspirational courses at the amazing National Glass Centre in Sunderland, first learning the basics of fusing, slumping and sandblasting glass from recycled materials, and extending my knowledge to enamelling and making flame-worked marbles. I now take great pleasure in producing one-of-a-kind fused glass jewellery pieces in my mini microwave kilns and my bigger electric kiln, experimenting with many techniques, and dabbling in precious metal clay and polymer clay.
I live in the North East of England and now work from home, after 'retiring' from librarianship. I've never tried a craft I didn't like, but I have a special interest in hand-knitted textiles and designing & making unique, hand-crafted jewellery.
Please be sure to read over my policies, product descriptions and shipping costs carefully before you decide to buy - I really want you to be completely satisfied with your purchase!
Accepted payment methods
Returns and exchanges
I gladly accept returns and exchanges
I don't accept cancellations
The following items can't be returned or exchanged
- Custom or personalized orders
- Items on sale
Returns and exchange details
If you want to use the trackable Airsure mail service from the UK rather than standard postage, shipping costs will be considerably higher - please contact me if you would prefer to use this method and I can invoice you for the additional costs.
Additional policies and FAQs
To fulfil your order, you must provide me with certain information (which you authorised Etsy to provide me with), such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information (for a custom order of jewellery, for example), if you contact me directly.
Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
- to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
- to comply, if required, with a legal obligation or court order, or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about my customers is important to my business. I will only share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Service providers. I may engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
- Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a bona fide belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU
I may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, I may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If I am deemed to transfer information about you outside of the EU, I rely on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer, as Google Cloud is Privacy Shield certified.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
- Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Aside from exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Me
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Debra Kobasa am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at debra.kobasa [!at] gmail.com Alternately, you may mail me at:
Debra Kobasa, 16 Ullswater Road, Ferryhill, Co Durham, DL17 8HH, United Kingdom