Derek Robinson on May 21, 2016
Got this as a gift for my father. In his words, "this will be great for summer cookouts!" Cool handmade item.
Home Decor With a Story to Tell
I am a writer and children's book author, and a collector of vintage objects with a story to tell. In making selections for my shop I choose "memory triggers" and things with character--useful or beautiful or interesting. I believe in a curated home with a clear point of view, a sense of history, and a soul. I believe good design is timeless and well-made objects deserve another life. I believe "they don't make them like that anymore" with very few exceptions.
I appreciate my customers who share their stories and memories with me, and give new homes to beloved pieces of someone else's life. No room is perfect without a dash of patina!
Around the web
Owner, Maker, Curator
Kim Siegelson is an author and creative writing instructor with a fondness for objects with a past or a story to tell. She keeps chickens in her backyard, collects folk art, mid century decor, and too many things to list.
Retired homebuilder with a basement wood shop. Creates the wine crate pet feeders for Perfect Patina and various other practical goods for family, neighbors, and friends.
The items offered are authentically vintage and previously loved by someone else. As such they are often slightly imperfect, but that is their charm. We do our best to photograph each item in a way that will portray it accurately for you. If you have questions or would like additional photos or information about an item, please contact us and we will be happy to answer you promptly.
Accepted payment methods
- Accepts Etsy gift cards
International shipments may require a payment to customs or a separate tax imposed by your government. The buyer assumes all responsibility for paying these charges, as required.
2. Most orders are shipped FedEx or USPS priority, though heavier objects may ship USPS parcel post, media mail, or another method at our discretion.
3. Shipment price always includes insurance against damage or loss in transit.
4. Shipping charges are based on single item sales delivered to the west coast. I always refund excess charges to buyers once the total cost of sales fees /expenses and actual shipping are calculated.
5. Shipping price includes the following: carrier charge, cost of packaging, transaction fees charged by etsy and fees charged by your method of payment.
6. US shipping costs are based on the 48 contiguous states. Please convo me for Hawaii and Alaska shipping rates before your purchase. Any extra charges will be billed via paypal.
7. I will ship worldwide for items under 4 lbs. Convo me with your address and I will calculate shipping to your destination. A new shipping profile will be added to the listing for you. *International buyers agree to accept responsibility for all duties and customs that may be incurred.
We prefer to use recycled boxes in good-condition and recycled packing when possible to keep our shipping costs reasonable, and as part of our philosophy of "reuse and repurpose." We will ship in new packaging upon request.
Refunds and Exchanges
It is the buyer's responsibility to review all photographs, read the descriptions entirely, review our policies, and ask questions through the etsy messaging system before ordering. Messages received outside of etsy will be redirected and answered on the etsy site.
Every effort will be made to ship your item safely to your door. Should your item arrive damaged, BUYER accepts responsibility to report damage to Perfect Patina (SELLER) within 2 days of delivery, document and photograph damage, and reasonably assist with filing claims.
Refunds other than for damaged goods are at our discretion. We reserve the right to refund the listed price of the item only, with the cost of shipping retained by the buyer.
Our firm policy is to refund the entire purchase price of an item upon return of the item to us within the first 14 days from the delivery date provided on tracking records. We do not give partial refunds on damaged merchandise that a buyer decides to keep.
Packages that are shipped USPS and designated as "delivered" to the buyer's shipping address by tracking information can not be considered lost. Buyer must initiate a claim for stolen mail with their postal carrier.
Additional policies and FAQs
We do not offer discounts on items priced under $15.