Announcement Visit my Facebook & Twitter pages for more Rare Bird Boutique news & updates.
Visit my Facebook & Twitter pages for more Rare Bird Boutique news & updates.
lorraine0721 on Jun 25, 20145 out of 5 stars
Love them. Thank you!!! Great customer service
Karen L. on Nov 24, 20135 out of 5 stars
I am so happy with my purchase. It is exactly as described and delivered quickly.
Thanks so much!
Danielle on Nov 17, 20135 out of 5 stars
Excellent seller! My glassware was expertly packed, which is such a relief, as these arrived safe and sound and I couldn't be happier. Thank yus so much!
Henry121 on Nov 11, 20135 out of 5 stars
It's a pleasure to own these - you don't find them in stores any more. I'll save them for my special letters.
Anonymous on May 15, 20135 out of 5 stars
Fantastic Shop! Made arrangements for pick-up! Will shop again, definitely!
Where it all started...
When I was in college, I sold my art on eBay. During this time, I also started to collect antiques after a few influential trips to some antique stores.
My love of vintage traveled with me to Austin, after graduating at UT Arlington with a Fine Arts Degree. I had always wanted to sell it, but didn't feel confident enough to pull the trigger. I was also trying to pursue an artistic career.
Thanks to discovering several friends selling on Etsy, I felt comfortable making the transition to having my own shop. I made the jump in May 2007, and opened up Rare Bird Boutique. Ever since then, I have been selling my handmade art and vintage wares!
Over the past couple of years, I have made sure to "rescue" vintage items in undiscovered places and showcase them in my shop. Stay tuned for new finds here and on Instagram at @rarebirdforsale.
Quirky, 30-something in the outskirts of Austin, Texas. My style is Modern Eclectic: modern mixed with vintage. I love vintage anything... from the thrill of a great find to the history/innocence of the time it was made. I love to laugh!
Let's start off with the definition of a rare bird: an exceptional person or thing; a rarity. I would like to think of myself as a "rare bird". I would also like to think that the vintage items I sell are exceptional rarities too!
If you have any questions, please convo me.
Enjoy & Happy Shopping!
Accepted payment methods
Returns and exchanges
Exceptions may be made on a case by case basis. Note: I do not refund shipping when item is being returned.
2. Payment methods gladly accepted are: Paypal (which accepts all major credit cards), Etsy Gift Cards, & Etsy Direct Checkout (use your credit/debit card).
*In the event you're contemplating your first purchase on Etsy, I've provided a link to a tutorial that explains the process in full and, hopefully, answers any questions/concerns you may have.
*To use your credit card and not your Paypal account, choose the Paypal option and look for further instructions on the next page. If you need more help, here are the instructions:
*To use your credit card directly through Etsy, here are the instructions:
3. All Texas residents are charged 8.25% sales tax.
1. Shipping is by USPS Mail, either Parcel Post or Media Mail will be used. I look for the least expensive alternative for each item.
2. Shipping occurs as soon as payment is received and on the following Monday or Wednesday.
3. If the shipping cost is actually less than what you were charged, I will refund you the difference via Paypal (as long as it is $2+). I do my best to calculate the correct shipping.
4. Inquire first about International shipping. I can check rates and get back to you.
5. If you have specific shipping requests, you will be responsible for any additional costs, including insurance.
6. I can not be responsible for items lost or stolen or damaged en route. Please buy insurance for this purpose. I am not responsible for a lost item if you have provided an incorrect address on ETSY.
*PLEASE make sure your ETSY address is correct. I do not compare Etsy and Paypal addresses. It is the buyer's responsibility to make sure the address provided on ETSY is correct.
7. When purchasing multiple items, I added half (or the same) of the actual shipping amount to the ship "With Another Item" cost. If the shipping cost is actually less than what you were charged, I will refund you the difference via Paypal (as long as it is $2+).
8. For custom orders, please allow time for gathering materials & creating the custom order before shipping.
Additional policies and FAQs
2. Please know the shop owner operates during normal business hours, for example: 9 am to 5 pm CST / Mon - Fri, with the exception of communication via Etsy messaging/email.
3. All of Rare Bird Boutique's items come from a smoke-free home.
4. I may recycle some former packaging materials for shipping purposes.