Announcement • vintage treasures reminiscent of Georgia O'Keeffe, Mabel Dodge Luhan & Taos • colors and aesthetic of Frida & Diego • rustic, ethnic, bohemian, cowboy, midcentury • ship worldwide •
• vintage treasures reminiscent of Georgia O'Keeffe, Mabel Dodge Luhan & Taos • colors and aesthetic of Frida & Diego • rustic, ethnic, bohemian, cowboy, midcentury • ship worldwide •
- All 260
- native american • tribal 68
- hacienda taos • mexico 34
- the wild wild west 28
- frida inspired 20
- garden • patio • shed 11
- from the midcentury 22
- saints • santos • spirit 17
- latin • world folk art 16
- other vintage eras 14
- bohemian chica • chico 15
- strange and wonderful 7
- industrial loft decor 4
- holidays 4
Samantha Frechette on Jul 21, 2016
These little vintage mugs are adorable. I love the hand painted flowers. Care in packaging was exceptional. Lovely seller thanks so much!
Samantha Frechette on Jul 21, 2016
Absolutely love these vintage wine goblets! Such care in the packaging and a lovely seller. Thank you so much!!
Capucine Tollet-Dingle on Jul 21, 2016
carrieart1 on Jul 20, 2016
I love it! It warms the room. The question is, which room to put it in?
The lovechild of Frida, Diego, Georgia, and Mabel set in Taos, Santa Fe, and Old Mexico
This shop came about after a series of retreats in Ghost Ranch and Taos that broke open the artist in me. I called my works "doodles" and made them into jewelry and tee shirts that I began selling here in 2009.
The shop was starting to roll when Jim, a seriously fit and active mountain biker, became ill with major heart problems. He had three heart attacks in three years, resulting in open heart surgery. The shop went on the back burner while we got through this total life change. Now three years after the last surgery (he's well and out on the tractor as I write) I've reopened the shop, with a new vision--one that incorporates EVERYTHING we love...not just being an artist, but having an artist's eye and an artist's soul.
I've been collecting beautiful things all my life. Enchanted by this part of the world--Taos where Georgia and Mabel and others came in the 1930s--I too am drawn by the light and spirituality and culture of the place. The blend of Native Americans, Hispanics, adobe, old trucks, rustic and primitive yet so timeless and yes, even modern.
This is what I've known all my life. My father comes from the village of Costilla, near Taos, and moved to Taos as a teenager. My mother is from the wild Western town of Cimarron, New Mexico, where her father ran a ranch and rode a horse. People come here, to live and visit, precisely because of the unique beauty, a look and feel you'll find no where else in the world.
Our shop brings together the best of New and Old Mexico, honoring the past and the blend of indigenous and Spanish colonial. Some of my items were collected during trips to Mexico and the rest of Latin America. I've studied with several mentors, worked the International Folk Art Festival in Santa Fe when it was just starting, and now continue to find gems that speak to this unique aesthetic.
If I could have lived in a different era, it would be in the 1930s through the mid-century, with Frida and Diego, Georgia and Mabel. We are still among them, finding the treasures that take us back to them.
Born and live in the Rio Grande Valley of New Mexico with husband Jim. We have two daughters, three dogs, a pet snake, and pet hedgehog. Love travel, nature, birds, arranging furniture in our mid-century modern home, and all things beautiful.
Farmer and apple orchard keeper, thrifting is a secret joy. Does runs to post office and generally keeps life running smoothly so we can do all that we do.
- Accepts Etsy gift cards
- Other Method
Returns & exchanges
- To communicate with you about your order
- To fulfill your order
- For legal reasons (like paying taxes)
Frequently asked questions
Worldwide Shipping, Processing & Insurance
• We do ship worldwide. Click on the Shipping & Policies tab and enter your zip or postal code into the box to get the shipping cost.
• We generally ship your package 1-3 days after receiving payment, and we use USPS for all items. Occasionally, due to travel, we will take between 5-7 days to get your item to the post office. We will always let you know if that's the case, and you will always have the option to cancel if you need your item sooner.
• We insure items of $50 or more, and for any item costing over $200, we also add signature confirmation wherever it is available.
Returns & Refunds
• Buy with confidence--we accept returns. Per our policies, contact us within two weeks of delivery. Return shipping is at your expense, and the item must be returned in the same condition in which received.
• If your item arrives damaged, photograph it with packaging so we may make a claim to our post office. Etsy and PayPal require that the item be returned before we can issue a refund.
• Since returning an item is no fun for either of us, we encourage you to contact us before buying to ask questions or request additional photos. I'd rather talk you out of something vs your being disappointed with a purchase!
• Our top priority is your positive experience with this shop, and our greatest hope is that you LOVE the item purchased!
• We are happy to work with you on a payment plan if that will help you to purchase an item you otherwise would not be able to buy at this time. We generally do 30-day plans of two payments, but for more expensive items we can do a 60- or 90-day plan. Please convo me to talk about how we can set this up for you.