SoapalayaSoaps is taking a short break
kelly on Jan 26, 20145 out of 5 stars
very happy with the soaps...nice gift for my friend's husbands at Christmas..fast shipping
Reviewed by Inactive on Jan 22, 20145 out of 5 stars
Shipping is so fast!! I ordered on 15th and got it on 18th!! I like the creamy so much and its very comforable to use. The best lip balm I had ever used so far!! Thank you so much for the great product.
diane on Jan 11, 20145 out of 5 stars
Received this today and used it with the tea tree sample soap included (tx!). Really like that one side is soft like a washcloth and the other is rough for exfoliating, expect it will soften after a few uses. The only suggestion for improvement would be to make the loop a drawstring for full closure of the bag. Like the product, better than the plastic sponges! Soap samples were a nice surprise and enjoyed much...tx!
Suzanne on Dec 10, 20135 out of 5 stars
Great shipping and packaging, amazing product! Will be back again and again and again. And again. :)
Suzanne on Dec 10, 20135 out of 5 stars
BEST purchase I have made all year! This is magic soap. It has to be. :) Thank you. I am a forever customer now and my coworker has now ordered also...
Anonymous on Aug 26, 20135 out of 5 stars
OMG thank you so much Alex!! Words really can't begin to describe the joy I felt upon coming home from a 10-day vacation to my absolutely beloved Matcha Green Tea lip balm - and it was only surpassed when I ripped open the package and realized that Alex had sent me not 8, but 10 tubes of the precious stuff! I've been using Alex's lip balm for nearly 7 years now, and believe me, I've tried at least a hundred other lip balms in that time, but this Matcha Green Tea Lip Balm is the one I keep coming back to. Never want to be without it!
Anonymous on May 28, 20135 out of 5 stars
Love my soap!
Anonymous on May 21, 20135 out of 5 stars
Wonderful, as always!
Bienvenue!!!! Welcome to my little South Louisiana soap shop! SOAPALAYA is a variety rich source for high quality handmade soaps and charmingly unique bath accessories. The powder puffs and dusters as well as my hemp bath accessories are my own original designs. I now have TWO Etsy shops. Here you will find fine handmade soaps. My other shop PowderPuffEmporium.etsy.com has THE widest variety of all sorts of powder puffs - vintage inspired & traditional as well as travel and refillable options as well as powder wands! Enjoy looking around, ask questions if you need to!
► FRAGRANCE MASTER LIST:
The list of fragrances below are available for use in both of our Etsy shops, Soapalaya Soaps, and PowderPuffEmporium.etsy .com. Choose your personal favorites for use in our perfumes, body powders and lotion.
There are 5 sections to this list, so be sure to scroll down to see everything! My personal favs are marked with ♥ (since some of you want to know) ;>)
► ESSENTIAL OILS (EO) and EO Blends:
(VERY IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ: Pregnant and nursing women should be extremely cautious and mindful about using products containing essential oils as many are known to cause severe medical problems. Avoid using ANYTHING with essential oils until you do due diligence to make sure it will not cause you harm. It is highly recommended that you get the advise and approval of your personal physician before using ANY essential oils as the list is far more extensive that what is offered below. Also (equally important) ANYONE can have a sensitivity to ANYTHING. If you have a reaction to any of the fragrances or products found in my product line discontinue use and consult your family physician immediately).
Chamomile Neroli ♥
Mandarin Neroli ♥
Rose Geranium (Bourbon Geranium)
Sage & Citrus ♥
► FLORAL FAVORITES (please note that the following are fragrance oils, NOT essential oils. Some of our floral favorites are also essential oils and can be found in the list above ↑ . If you don't see your favorite in our fragrance inventory please let us know. It may be that we can add your favorite to our list - it won't hurt to ask! ). Fragrances marked with ☼ are fragrance oils that also contain essential oils.
* APPLE BLOSSOM - A lovely, soft floral that with a hint of apple sweetness (does NOT smell fruity).
* APRICOT FREESIA - A hint of Spring freshness is found in this blend of bright freesia and apricot. ♥
* ATTAR of ROSE - Faint hints of orris, peppery notes, sundrenched dew and air complete this true to life antique Damask rose fragrance.
* BLUE CHAMOMILE - Blue Chamomile is sweet and herbaceous with the natural fragrance of expensive Blue Chamomile essential oil, creating an affordably priced alternative. Blue Chamomile is also known as Moroccan or German Chamomile, and is so high in chamazulene that the precious essential oil produced from its small daisy-like florets are a vivid and deep azure blue. Coumarin, tonka, and light apple blossom notes blend with the hay-like underpinnings of this complex herbal fragrance.
* CHERRY BLOSSOM (Bath and Body Works type) -Tender cherry blossom, sensual white lily and blushing violet petals blended with a hint of warm vanilla.
* FREESIA - (Bath & Body Works type) - A lush, bright freesia with hints of muguet and white musk.
* GARDENIA - A velvety smooth gardenia top with a true to life hint of green freshness. If you are fond of this Southern floral favorite you will be very pleased with this aroma.
* GARDENIA LILY - The exquisite soft aroma of lilies paired beautifully with a Southern gardeners' favorite, gardenia. You will probably find that this fragrance tends to have a stronger gardenia aroma with the essence of lily adding a complementary balcance. Very nice.
* HONEYSUCKLE - As a kid I used to pick these tiny little yellow and white blossoms off of vine that grew on the fence in our backyard every summer. The warm morning air was always heavy with the sweet flora aroma. It's a simple floral classic that many of us adore. To me this is what summer smells like ♥ ; >)
* FRENCH LILACS - An adored floral aroma that has been a favorite for generations. Masses of blossoms heavy with a sultry, heady sweetness. A whiff of this lovely fragrance reveals a glimpse of what it might have been like to stroll through vintage gardens with elegant ladies. ♥
* LILAC & LAVENDER ☼ A delicate blending of two classic floral favorites.
* LILY of the VALLEY - Airy lily of the valley prevails in this delicately fragrant mix that includes touches of jasmine and hyacinth.
* LOTUS - Asian inspired floral aroma. Sweet and exotic. A complex blend of grapefruit zest, succulent mango and warm sandalwood.
* NEROLI - . Neroli fragrance oil offers the intoxicating and uplifting scent of orange blossoms. It's aroma is soothing and relaxing.
* PEONY - (B&BW type) A delightfully elegant floral bouquet.
* PLUMERIA - (B&BW type) A sweet floral fragrance inspired by the tropics. Alluring plumeria blossoms mingle with just a hint of ripe melon.♥
* ROSEHIP JASMINE - a beautiful blend of the soft, feminine aroma of rosehip with the alluring essence of jasmine. Not a typical rose aroma. Very balanced and one of our favorites. ♥
* SUNFLOWERS - Warm sunshine with a breezy air of vanilla and hints of musk. Subtle notes of tree moss, ultra clean marine, and a twist of amber.
* SWEET BAY ROSE ☼ - Pampering blend of bay leaves, rose, eucalyptus and basil. ♥
* SWEET PEA - A lovely, delicate fragrance with pineapple and plumeria top noteswhich bring a to add a subtle sweetness to the blend. The middle notes bring to you hints of strawberry and clover. The drydown will reveal a soft yet warm hit of musk and sandalwood.
* TUBEROSE - A bold floral blend of tuberose, lily and rose with musk and a touch of mint.
* VERBENA - ( L' Occtaine type). A fresh blend of meyer lemon, verbena and a hint of rose. ♥
* VIOLETS - A perfectly simple floral with no added notes. Just what you'd expect. A very pretty aroma.
► MASCULINE FRAGRANCES and UNISEX (those that I consider unisex are marked with ♀/♂. Those that are essential oils are marked with ☼)
* AMBER ♀/♂ - An exotic essence of creamy musk and warming golden amber
* BLACK AMBER MUSK ♀/♂. - An enchanting blend of black amber, clove, nutmeg and musk.
* BOURBON de VANILLE ♀/♂ - A warm, rich blending of sweet creamy Madagascar Vanilla with a smooth essence of aged Bourbon. A deliciously comforting as well as sensously inviting aroma.
* CABIN in the WOODS (AKA Oakmoss) Wet and earthy oakmoss with green vetiver, vanilla and nutmeg.
* CEDARWOODS Earthy and warm, this aroma is true to it's name. Richly appointed cedarwood essence.
* COOL WATER (Davidoff type) A sophisticated blend of marine and green notes with cooling mint contrasted with rich cedarwood and musk.
* EARTH (AKA Dirt) - Fresh muddy dirt blended with moist mossy notes. Yep. That's right.
* LEMONGRASS ♀/♂ ☼ Used in Thai cooking (for those of you that already tend to go towards those types of aromas). Lemongrass is a grassy herb. I have 2 huge lemongrass shrubs growing on my patio. I love to cook with it as I am such a fan of Thai food. It has the most wonderfully fragrant aroma. Clean with a green hint of lemon. Sometimes I'll just snip off a bit and crush the blade between my fingers just so I can get a whiff....love this stuff!
* MOONLIGHT PATH ♀/♂ (Bath & body Works type) Notes of French lavender, lily of the valley, oakmoss, and musk are woven in this deeply romantic fragrance capturing the essence of moonlit strolls in lush gardens.
* MR. MIYAGI (AKA Bonsai) - Deliciously fresh Citrus and Pine accords with a light floral air. You'll pick up the tropical fruits and wood notes in the drydown. Very relaxing aroma. Makes me think of Mr. Miyagi and his little bonsai trees in the Karate Kid movies ;>)
* PATCHOULI AMBER ♀/♂ ☼ A sensual blend of two earthy aroma. deep and hypnotic.
* RAINFOREST TEAK - Falling Leaves, Fresh Citrus, Fireside Warmth, Indonesian Teakwood.
* SANDALWOOD ♀/♂ - Fragrant grains of sandalwood are polished with the sweetness of balsamic richness. Enchanting notes of deep mahogany lie in the heart of these precious woods.
* SHARP DRESSED MAN (AKA Black Tie) Sophisticated notes of black peppercorn and leather are carefully crafted with warm woods, patchouli, musk and citrus
* SHAVE and a HAIRCUT (AKA Barber Shoppe) Vibrant Bergamot and fresh basil leaf are complimented by earthy notes of oakmoss and white patchouli.
* SWEETGRASS ♀/♂ Sweetgrass is a herb often used by Native Americans. The sweetly hypnotic and earthy aroma has a wonderfully uplifting green freshness that appeals to men and women alike.
* VERY SEXY (Victoria's Secret type) An enticing blend of bergamot and warm, creamy sandalwood with rich musk.
* VETIVER ♀/♂ (Bath & Bodyworks Type) A fresh blend of lemon and vetiver with sandalwood.
► SHOP FAVORITES
* AMAZING (Compare to Philosophy) - A unique blend of citrus, florals and spice, this fragrance is the essence of style. Under a veil of white musk, pink rose blends with sweet citrus and cinnamon stick. ♥
* AMBER ROMANCE (Victoria's Secret Type) Seductive notes of sandalwood, amber, musk and
* AMBER VANILLA - Rich & warm with a powdery, sweet sensuous intensity. Golden amber with hints of vanilla and subtle spices.
* ANGEL (Thierry Mugler type) Enchanting jasmine is touched with the deep sexy notes of musk, patchouli and brown sugar.
* AQUA SPA - Inviting notes of modern rose and lily brightened with hints of orange, lime and ozone. ♥
* BASMATI RICE - This unique fragrance plays to the wonderfully aromatic smell of cooked Basmati Rice. The term 'Basmati' actually comes from the Hindi word "basmat" which means "fragrant." A beautiful mix of fruity florals and cedarwood with soft top notes of peach, strawberry and lemon with hints of rose, lily of the valley, and cedarwood at the heart. The drydown has the amazing air a luscious blend of powder, spice and creamy vanilla. This has been a shop fav for years!
* BLACK RASPBERRY (Bath and Body Works type) A delightful pairing of juicy ripe raspberries and rich, luxurious vanilla.
* BUTTERMILK & HONEY - The country goodness of golden honey, buttermilk, vanilla sugar and sweet amber
* CALMING WATER (B&BW type) A cool, fresh blend of apricot, geranium, cucumber and fresh water.
* CITRUS CILANTRO - Fresh 'green' notes that include a blend of lemon and cilantro with hints of fresh cut grass and green tea. ♥
* COTTON BLOSSOM (B&BW type) A clean, fresh scent that blends cotton, mandarin blossoms, freesia and peonies.
* CREAMY CHAI TEA - Mildly herbal tea aroma with spices of ginger, nutmeg and clove combined with a balancing note of vanilla to round out the spices and tea.
* DOUBLE MINT - Freshly-picked peppermint leaves, spearmint and eucalyptus.
* DRAGONFLY MOON - A mysterious and moody fragrance enhanced by light musk on top of the night blooming floral notes of Moonflowers. Earthy hints of spanish moss, garden herbs, and summer woods round out this misty, ethereal aroma.
* EARL GREY TEA - Bergamot notes with hints of black tea. Beautifully warm and inviting.
* ENCHANTED APPLE - (Victoria's Secret type) A stunning blend of tart, crisp apples with the slightest touch of sweet vanilla.
* EGYPTIAN MUSK - A sensual blend of musk and base note florals.
* EUCALYPTUS & SPEARMINT (Bath & Body Works type) A mixture of eucalyptus, sage, spearmint and lavender.
* EUPHORIA (Aveda type) A feminine and sophisticated blend of jasmine, wild rose and warm sandalwood. ♥
* FRESH CUT GRASS - The wonderful fresh aroma of freshly cut green grass.
* FRESH LINEN - Crisp and clean, reminiscent of linen sheets drying in the warm summer sun.
* HONEY BEE - Very honey like with it's sweet and warm aroma. Very soothing and comforting. (One of my personal favs. I purchase this in large quantities because I never want to run out of it!) ♥
* HONEY ALMOND - Classic mixture of almond and warm honey notes.
* NIGHTINGALE - A beautiful pairing of two lovely fragrances. Night blooming jasmine has an intoxicating aroma that fills the air on hot summer nights - sweet and somewhat mysterious. Amber Vanilla provides a lovely balance, grounding the floral accords with warmth and depth.
(from Wikipedia: "....nightingales are named so because they frequently sing at night..... the name means 'night songstress'. "
* OLIVE - ( L' Occtaine type) Mediterranean olive with lemon zest, lime juice and lavender.
* PINK SUGAR (Aqualina type) - Sweet delectable cotton candy essence with hints of jasmine and musk.
* POSH PETALS - A lovely mixture of rose water, lemon, tangerine, pomegranates and aloe - clean and fresh.
* RAINY DAY - Crisp ozone notes with sea salt, orange and rose.
* RICE FLOWER & SHEA - (Bath & Body Works type) Softly scented rice flower blends
beautifully with creamy shea butter. ♥
* SANDALWOOD ROSE - An alluring and romantic rose essence wrapped in a soft, sultry sandalwood base
* SEXY LITTLE THINGS (Victoria's Secret type) A feminine blend of jasmine, lily and violet with juicy apple and lime.
* SOMALI ROSE - Rose with chocolate, sandalwood, anise, musk and a twist of green moss. Unisex appeal. This is not a strong floral at all. Beautifully warm. Don't let the 'rose' throw you - smells nothing like a traditional rose! ♥
* SPA DAY (Spa tonic) Soft notes of green tea blended with relaxing aloe and lemon.
* SUGAR BAMBOO - A clean & green aroma of sweet sugarcane and fresh bamboo.
* SUMMER FIG - The fresh picked aroma of black mission figs. Juicy & sweet with a hint of tart. ♥
* SWEET AMBER MUSK - Highly aromatic fragrance finds its heart in resin of amber and labdanum. The dry down reveals the exotic notes of musk, incense and myrrh.
* SOUTHERN BELLE (AKA Tara) - An ultra feminine aroma with velvety notes of sweet violet. lilacs, and osmanthus (sweet olive) with a subtle hint of vanilla orchid.. Sensuous sandalwood & ylang ylang find a perfect balance with a touch of warm nutmeg and coriander. (I have a very small amount of this remaining and will not be able to restock). ☼
* WARM VANILLA SUGAR - Rich, decadent notes of brown sugar and vanilla nestled with a hint of musk. ♥
* WHITE MUSK - Combines the powdery blend of musk with soft and feminine floral top notes of lily, jasmine, and honeysuckle.
► BABY - KIDS - FRUITY - FOODS
* BABY (Philosopy Baby Type) A soft and caring blend of lemon, jasmine, vanilla and lily.
* BABY BEE BUTERMILK (Burt's Bees Type - I happen to be very fond of this one. It's very light and fresh. The baby will just have to share!) A delicate blend of vanilla, peach, violet and sugar. ♥
* BABY POWDER - This is the true classic aroma that we all remember!
* BLACKBERRRY JAM - Fruity berry aroma with vanilla notes.
* BLUEBERRY MUFFIN - Nice realistic blueberry fragrance blended well with a warm "fresh out of the oven" vanilla note.
* BUBBLE GUM (Bazooka Bubble gum type) A nostalgic, childhood favorite of bubblegum - berries with sugary goodness.
* BUTTERCREAM SNICKERDOODLE - Vanilla and Butter with a touch of chocolate and lots of sugar. Yummy!
* COCONUT - to me this has a wonderful blend what you'd find in a sno-cone and suntan lotion. A really nice aroma for those that love coconut!
* COTTON CANDY - Sweet spun sugar that will remind you of a day at the county fair!
* CRANBERRY GLACÉ (a lightly tart and fruity cranberry aroma blended with a touch of citrus and a sprinkling of sugar with notes of vanilla and apple.
* GINGERBREAD -Warm out of the oven goodness. Fresh gingerbread aroma. Sweet and comforting.
* GRAPE SODA - What you'd expect it to smell like.......grape soda!
* JOLLY RANCHER (type) - It really does smell like the candy it's named after : >)
A bursting fruit blend of watermelon, strawberry mcherry and peach with hints of vanilla
* JUICY PEAR - Sweet and juicy fresh pear aroma.
* MAKE MINE BLACK (Cuban Coffee Bean) Dark, smooth, rich and down to earth. Not sweet. Very distinct coffee aroma. Cuban Coffee Bean fragrance smells like the strong concentrated café cubano elixir cups popular in Miami.
* MOCHA CARAMEL LATTE (touch of chocolate mixed with a soft coffee aroma with a drizzle of caramel. Warm & Sweet with vanilla notes).
* PEACH - Refreshingly sweet and tangy aroma with a subtle complexity.
* SOUTHERN PECAN PIE - Brown Sugar aroma with hints of roasted pecans, vanilla, butter and sugar. ♥
* SUGAR COOKIE - Warm and sweet vanilla with a hint of butter.
* WILD STRAWBERRY - Fresh and fruity strawberry goodness!
Accepted payment methods
Returns and exchanges
► I do not accept returns on bath and body products or custom made items due to the nature of these things. Fabric items that are not custom orders can be returned in original condition within 7 days provided the item is returned unused and with the original tags/labels. If it is in new condition and I can re-list it I will refund the selling price only (not the shipping charges). I accept returns only if for some reason I failed to describe the item correctly, shipped the wrong item, or, the product was defective in some way. Please contact me on any of these matters and not Etsy administration.
I do combine shipping and I'm happy to give you a shipping quote prior to purchase...just let me know what you need and what your zip code is! There are always several options for getting your order to you. I'll figure out the most economical option and let you decide what is best for you. If you want, go ahead and do your shopping, but, wait to pay and I'll send you an invoice with combined shipping, or, go ahead and pay and I'll refund the shipping overpayment via Paypal. Either way works for me!
Please ask if you have questions.
If you have an overpayment of postage I will refund anything over $1. I try to take care of refunds as soon as I mail your package, but, sometimes my plans get changed for me and I get behind on things......if that happens I catch things up in batches at the end of the week : )
IMPORTANT!!! If your Paypal address DOES NOT MATCH your Etsy address and you do not tell me in advance which address you want me to use via *message to seller* when you check out I will need to contact you to confirm which address you want me to use and that will delay delivery. More often than not a buyer's Paypal address is an older address and NOT necessarily the correct address for shipping. Some people are not even aware the two addresses don't match. I won't venture a guess as I'm sure I'd get it wrong most of the time. So, to avoid any confusion or delays, please either have the two addresses match, or, confirm which address you want me to use as the shipping address if the two are not the same. I'd prefer not to delay shipping, but, I will until an address can be confirmed by you. Sorry - it just works better if I send it to the right address the first time : )
Most items are shipped via USPS first class mail. Large purchases will be shipped Priority mail in flat rate envelopes or boxes - which ever will accommodate your purchase and is the most economical. If you would like a shipping upgrade please contact me prior to making your purchase so that I can include the upgrade in the total for postage. Insurance is not included in the postage quote unless you request it prior to purchase.
Additional policies and FAQs
FAQ: My background is primarily in art. If you take a peek in my work room you'll see a sewing machine, serger, loom, all sorts of stained glass and equipment, paints, canvases, easels......I love to create! I tend to incorporate all of my skills and interests into my soap shop. Time won't always allow for everything I would like to do, but, that just keeps the new ideas flowing into my sketchbook.There's always a new design or two on my work bench.
GIFT PURCHASES: (this is a repeat of previous information, but, VERY important, and, often gets overlooked).....Please ask any questions prior to purchase if time is a major issue for shipping. I try to accommodate special shipping requests when I know there is a need. If you don't tell me there is no way I can know your purchase is intended as a gift. I am always happy to include a personal note from you if you need one, and, I certainly don't mind adding a bit of ribbon, colored tissue, etc. to make your purchase gift appropriate......you just need to ask and I'll do my best!