Repurposed fun vintage button jewelry and accessories with nostalgic flare.
Looking for my prints? They're here: Lemuette.etsy.com
Looking for buttons for your own creations? TPBVintage.etsy.com
The Button Experience
Wonder how many buttons I have? I have lots. Thousands. It's not like I can just pick up one button and pick up another button and put them together, though. I carefully pick buttons with matching tones of colors (there are so many shades of greens, blues, and browns), designs, shapes and then match those elements with the right characteristics of the salt cellar, feel of a brooch pin, usability of a bookmark, and the style for the neckline. To say the least, it's a lot of work!
Finding the buttons is probably the toughest part. I'm always running out of larger sized buttons. I use the larger diameter buttons for the bases of the lids for the Salt Cellar Ring Boxes, Button Pendant Necklaces, and for Button Brooch Pins. As part of my full-time self-employment, I am always digging and sorting through all the vendor booths at flea markets (sometimes there are 500 vendors!). I feel the obsession to go into each vendor's booth so that I do not miss my opportunity to find the buttons. Bakelite is my favorite find! It's such an interesting history to our world and not very many people know it's importance. It was the first all-chemical plastic invented in 1907 by a Belgian chemist named Leo Baekeland. This substance was the springboard for a long future of plastic. I like to get these Bakelite buttons, and all cool old buttons, out of the closets and attics and give them a new prestigious life as new handmade items. There are so many beautiful buttons out there just waiting for me to find them!
Around the web
Repurposed vintage button jewelry and accessories are sure to give you a nostalgic feeling. Enjoy!
Accepted payment methods
- Accepts Etsy gift cards
- I accept debit and credit card payments through Etsy's Direct Checkout system only
Do you charge sales tax?
- Yes, but only for Illinois residents. Rockford, IL sales tax laws require me to charge 8.25% for all Illinois residents, even if you live in a city with lower or higher tax rate.
Do you offer discounts?
- Yes, occasionally I will post a coupon code in my shop announcement or on facebook.com/ThePaperButton
Discount codes cannot be added after an order has been placed and amount that would have been saved cannot be refunded after order has been placed if code was forgotten. So don't forget your coupon codes!
- I process your order within about 24 hours and ship within 1-2 business days from time of order placed unless otherwise noted in shop announcement due to holidays or shop vacations
Will you offer insurance on all packages, or only some?
- I include the cost of insurance when an item is heavy enough to ship Priority or if the value of the order is greater than $40.
Will you offer tracking numbers?
- Yes, all my orders come with tracking numbers that will be sent to you via email from Etsy once your order has been shipped. For international orders: Depending on the country from which you order from, the tracking may stop once it leaves the USA but will still show when it is delivered after it passes through customs.
How are the items packaged?
- Each item is packaged in either a organza mesh gift bag, a handmade paper folding box for necklaces and brooch pins, or a handmade paper pillow box for salt cellar ring boxes. Paper garlands are wrapped in cello sleeve. Each listing shows and/or describes the packaging for the items. Each order is packaged carefully in a kraft brown box with paper wrappings with business cards to all my Etsy shops and possibly coupon cards along with paper receipt from Etsy transaction.
What mail providers do you use?
- I only use United States Postal Service (USPS). If ordering from outside USA, shipments will be transferred to your local mail carrier for delivery.
What shipping methods do you offer and what are their average shipping times?
- USA orders: I ship standard shipping for all items with the option to upgrade to Priority Mail or Express Mail. Standard shipping rate arrives usually within 3-5 business days. Priority Mail rate arrives within 1-3 business days. Express rate arrives within 1-2 business days.
- International orders: I ship standard shipping for all items with no option for upgrade for faster shipping. International standard shipping rate arrives within 6-14 days or more depending on country.
Will you offer expedited shipping?
- If you have a special deadline for holiday or gift occasion, please send me a convo BEFORE purchasing so I can determine the shipping times and extra shipping costs. Or you can choose upgraded shipping options at checkout.
Will you ship internationally?
- Yes, only to Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Japan, New Zealand, Portugal, Russia, Spain, Netherlands, and United Kingdom
How long does it take you to respond to my convos?
- I usually respond to convos within 1-8 hours but no longer than 24 hours.
Will you ever offer free shipping?
- Yes, occasionally I will post a free shipping coupon code in my shop announcement or on facebook.com/ThePaperButton
Refunds and Exchanges
- I only accept returns and will reimburse for return shipping costs if item is the wrong item than what you purchased. If return shipment is approved, I will purchase return shipping label through Etsy for buyer to download and print to send package back to me. Every item in original shipment MUST be included and returned in original packaging (including packing slip/receipt). I ONLY REFUND RETURN SHIPPING THROUGH THIS WAY. Download, print, tape over old shipping label on package, and bring to post office to ship.
What will you do if items are damaged in the mail?
- If you notice considerable damage to your purchased item after it has been processed through mail carriers, you must contact me within 3 business days after delivery date posted via tracking number for a replacement. Photo proof of damage may be required. Replacements due to damage cannot be requested after 3 business days after delivery date posted via tracking number.
What will you do when items are lost in the mail?
- If you have not received your order within 20 days of shipment date (USA orders) or 40 days (international orders) due to postal error, please contact me through Etsy convo. Please make sure your shipping address is correct when checking out. I am not responsible for lost mail due to incorrect shipping addresses. I verify every USA address through USPS before shipping (I cannot verify international addresses) - I can only verify that the address you provide during checkout is correct by USPS standards, not if you've moved or used a different address than you meant. If correct address was used and you have not received your order in the above time frame, then I will file an insurance claim with Shipsurance for orders that were insured - a shipping insurance option offered through Etsy. Once they've determined outcome of claim, I can either send you another item or refund you for your entire purchase. I cannot file insurance claims for lost mail any earlier than 20/40 days after shipment date. For uninsured items under $40, you must still wait the 20 days before I can approve a refund.
Additional policies and FAQs
- No, I do not have any pets and my family does not smoke. My home office is where my packaging materials and finished items are stored and there are no pets or smokers there.
Why should I leave feedback for your shop?
- Because your feedback tells me that you have received your items, are happy with the items, and consider our transaction complete. It also lets other buyers know that I have great items, good service, and love to make my buyers feel at peace with their purchase.
Can I trust buying through Etsy?
- Yes! Here is some info on being protected by Etsy's website:
http://www.etsy.com/trust (Click on the Buyer tab)