Announcement   Welcome to my Peculiar shop! I strive to create whimsical, colorful pieces that will bring a smile to your face. Please come in and stay awhile. Thanks for stopping by!

Announcement

Welcome to my Peculiar shop! I strive to create whimsical, colorful pieces that will bring a smile to your face. Please come in and stay awhile. Thanks for stopping by!

Laura Fraedrich

Contact shop owner

Laura Fraedrich

View all 63 items

Reviews

Average item review
5 out of 5 stars
(13)
View all 13 reviews

About

All I really want to do is make you smile :)

This is the part where I am supposed to say something deep and meaningful about my artwork so here it goes...I like bright colors and things that make me smile.

It's really as simple as that! Art has been so tremendously therapeutic for me and has helped me through some very hard times. I've been told that my art is always happy and positive, even the pieces I make when I'm feeling the exact opposite. Even on the worst days, all I have to do is pick up a paintbrush, load it up with the brightest, loudest colors I can find, then paint a goofy looking dog or skeleton and I'm smiling within minutes. My hope is that my pieces will make others feel the same way. My main goal is that by sharing my art with others, I will inspire them to want to try this 'therapy' for themselves.

My background is in wheel thrown and hand built high fire pottery and mixed media art. It wasn't until I came to work for a well-known low-fire ceramic glaze manufacturer a few years ago did I discover the joy of painting on preformed and fired bisque pieces. This art form allowed me to apply all of the techniques I use to make mixed media art to ceramics. It's the best of both worlds! I have been thoroughly enjoying introducing my 'mixed media' painting style into the ceramic industry, and my love for ceramics into the mixed media sector.

I currently reside in Fresno, CA, where I am aspiring to be the crazy cat lady, only with dogs too.

Around the web

Shop members

  • Laura Fraedrich

    Owner

    I'm a ceramic and mixed media artist living in Fresno where I'm aspiring to be the crazy cat lady, only with dogs too.

Production partners

  • Brandy Swisher

    Fresno, CA

    I am a life-long lover of shiny, pretty things. I work with many natural materials in beautiful colors, and interesting textures and designs. Making jewelry and specialty items for people to enjoy is part of why I love doing it. I also love working with an endless variety of beautiful materials.

Shop policies

Last updated on December 11, 2013
Welcome to my Peculiar shop! I strive to create whimsical, colorful pieces that will bring a smile to your face. Please come in and stay awhile. Thanks for stopping by!

Accepted payment methods

  • Visa
  • Mastercard
  • American Express
  • Discover
  • Apple Pay
  • Klarna
  • Sofort
  • Ideal
  • Paypal
  • GiftcardAccepts Etsy Gift Cards and Etsy Credits
Returns and exchanges
I want you to be pleased with your purchase from The Peculiar Palette and share your positive experience with friends. If you are not satisfied in any way, please let me know so I can correct the situation. Refunds are happily given for 90% of the purchase price (the other 10% is to cover relisting and handling fees) after the item is safely wrapped and returned in resalable, unused condition in its original packaging within 2 full weeks of purchase.

INSURING YOUR RETURN
Returned items should be issued a tracking number and insured as I will not refund for returned packages which do not arrive or if the contents are damaged in transit. In that case a claim can be made with the shipping agent. I do not refund the cost of shipping or insurance to or from The Peculiar Palette.
Payment
I accept PayPal, credit cards, debit cards and Etsy gift cards. California residents will be charged 8.225% sales tax.
Shipping
DOMESTIC ORDERS:
I ship via USPS Priority Mail with delivery confirmation, and ensure that each order is very carefully packaged. I encourage buyers to purchase insurance as I cannot be responsible for damages incurred during shipping. Insurance is your option and cost will be paid by you. If you'd like insurance, please contact me for the amount prior to checkout. If an item does arrive damaged, I will be happy to initiate the claim with USPS to ensure you get the refund you rightfully deserve.

INTERNATIONAL ORDERS:
International orders will be shipped via USPS First Class International. Customers are responsible for duties and taxes on their item. These may be due upon pick up of your items. I will fill out all customs forms honestly.

Please keep in mind it can sometimes take several weeks to receive something sent to an international destination and typically tracking of these items is unavailable.