therenottheredesign is taking a short break
Nancy on Dec 11, 20185 out of 5 stars
Very sweet combination of objects to create this cool necklace! Very good description, shipped promptly, well-packaged to arrive safely. But the extra work to make the presentation-box beautiful was outstanding! I felt like I'd gotten an early holiday gift just for me! Thank you.
Anonymous on Jun 4, 20105 out of 5 stars
what a perfect item for my animal loving best friend, who has had the lucky number 27 since childhood! fast delivery :)
Reconstructing ephemera and rocking on the internet since 2006.
A little bit southern gothic, a little bit archaeological dig from 1910. Upcycled vintage and antique jewelry with modern designs inspired by art deco buildings, quivering forests, and vibrant patinas. Everything is one of a kind. Everything is made, packaged, and shipped by me.
For more information and recent updates check out the @therenottheredesign instagram feed.
I'm happy to work with stores or fulfill custom requests for special occasions. Please email melanie.brewster [!at] gmail.com for inquiries.
PAST BRICK+MORTAR LOCATIONS
(currently only sell on etsy)
- Hapa Collective
- the Harn Museum
- Loop de Loop
- Wild Iris Bookstore
- Etoile Boutique
- Black Bear
- Brooklyn Collective
- Salt Lake Citizen
- Tempest Couture
I love working with local businesses and other artists. Please get in touch if you would like to collaborate.
Join the mailing list here: http://eepurl.com/ggiTI9
Melanie Elyse Brewster
Owner, Designer, Creator
Melanie Elyse Brewster is a licensed psychologist and associate professor at Columbia University. Academic by day, artist by night, Melanie has sold jewelry and exhibited her visual art in galleries and boutiques nationwide since 2002.
* this is a one woman business; I design and make everything in the shop. I do not recreate pieces, which means that all of the jewelry is completely one-of-a-kind.
* prints are from original hand cut collages and reproduced on high quality card stock. At this point in time, I have no plans to start limiting runs, but when that happens I will clearly post that information in the item description.
* a majority of my pieces are made with mostly or entirely antique or vintage components. As such, many of my items will have gentle wear. Please carefully examine photos and reach out to me with any questions before you make a purchase.
* I am happy to offer complimentary gift wrapping and personalized cards on all orders, just put a request in your buyer notes.
Accepted payment methods
Returns and exchanges
I gladly accept returns and exchanges
I don't accept cancellations
The following items can't be returned or exchanged
- Custom or personalized orders
- Perishable products (like food or flowers)
- Digital downloads
- Intimate items (for health/hygiene reasons)
Returns and exchange details
International orders are shipped with USPS First Class Mail.
I automatically ship your package to the address specified on your etsy account. If you need your item to be shipped to a different address please note this in your buyer comments.
Additional policies and FAQs
I am also happy to offer gift wrapping at no additional charge, just make a request!