theVexedMuddler is taking a short break
jacqueline on Jan 31, 20195 out of 5 stars
Wonderful cut and weight to the fabric. I love how the scale of the print on the buff and the scale on the skirt are calibrated to the size of the garment in question. :)
jacqueline on Jan 31, 20195 out of 5 stars
Recipient loved it, and it arrived just in time for the gifting! Beautiful fabric.
Melody on Jan 3, 20195 out of 5 stars
Loved the phage buttons and necklaces! Used the buttons on hand knitted neck warmers for Christmas presents. Very timely shipping and production. Will definitely be back!
skeep on Oct 11, 20185 out of 5 stars
Finally something to wear when I give presentations about evolution!
blarinas on Sep 13, 20185 out of 5 stars
This is such a fun skirt. I teach evolutionary biology and also reconstruct phylogenetic trees, so this is a fun skirt to wear at work and during certain lectures! It is well made. I am 6ft and 145lbs (regular hips, not too big or too small), I ordered the medium and it is a little bit tight, but wearable. Given the way it is cut, I would not be able to fit right in the large. But that is my sizing, the skirt is awesome and so much fun to wear!! Shipping was good, the shop was easy, though I did not have to interact with the store.
5creatures on Sep 2, 20185 out of 5 stars
Really fun, I love it!! Great for the summer heat!! Thank you!!
Julie on Aug 3, 20185 out of 5 stars
Very cute design. Comfortable headband.
Julie on Aug 3, 20185 out of 5 stars
Very cute! Very comfortable.
ddomartin on Jul 4, 20185 out of 5 stars
The Vexed Muddler adapted our wedding picture into bride and groom tardigrades. Sure, that's a weird request, but she completed the work within a day and she incorporated all of my many requests. We love our tardigrade bride and groom!
Kristen on May 29, 20185 out of 5 stars
The artist was amazing when it came to working with my custom order and I couldn't have been happier with the process.
"The worst state of affairs is when science begins to concern itself with art." - Paul Klee
My father will tell you stories of a little girl who would walk home from school swinging a dead squirrel by its tail. My mother recalls (with surprisingly little fondness) a bedroom full of collected insects, many simply arranged on the little blue dresser I'd helped strip and paint. I got my first microscope at 11, my first dissection kit shortly thereafter. I was destined for biology, and any fool could see it.
I had another love, though, and that was art. The same bedroom that proudly displayed beetles and dragonflies also housed two large drafting tables, and often smelled of linseed oil. I painted, mostly, but sketched a little as well. Little wonder then, that I should be conflicted about my future.
It took many years and a long, circuitous path for me to find my balance. Now I labour happily by day in a genomics lab, where I work with Cystic Fibrosis-related bacteria, and spend my evenings and weekends in the studio or on my sofa, dreaming up new designs.
Owner, Maker, Designer, Curator
When I'm not in the lab being a biology nerd, I'm in the pottery studio being...a biology nerd. Well, at least I'm consistent!
Art of Where
This Canadian company manufactures high-quality casual apparel from my original digital art.
MOO produces high-quality printed paper goods from my digital designs.
San Francisco, CA
RedBubble prints my digital designs on a high-quality t-shirts, mugs, tote bags, and more. With ethically-sourced, sweatshop-free products, great print quality, and quick service, RedBubble satisfies my business and ethical needs.
This company prints my designs on a selection of paper goods, including magnets and temporary tattoos.
The Maker Bean
The Maker Bean is a local makerspace and cafe. They turn my digital designs into awesome laser-etched wearable goods.
Accepted payment methods
Returns and exchanges
I gladly accept returns and exchanges
I don't accept cancellations
The following items can't be returned or exchanged
- Custom or personalized orders
- Items on sale
Returns and exchange details
Additional policies and FAQs
Cancellations: Orders for ready-to-ship items can be canceled before I ship, and a full refund will be given. If I've already shipped your order, you'll need to refuse the package when it arrives, and when it gets back to me I'll issue your refund, less shipping charges. Custom order cancellations will be considered on a per-order basis. I accept exchanges and returns within 14 days of receipt for any reason. Please be aware that you may be responsible for shipment costs for exchanges and returns.
Information I Collect:
To fulfil your order, you must provide me with certain information (which you authorized Etsy to provide to me), such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information (for a custom order of jewelry, for example), if you contact me directly.
Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It:
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
- as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
- if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
Information Sharing and Disclosure:
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
After a transaction is complete, I do not retain your information outside of the Etsy Shop Manager, which is owned and operated by Etsy.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
- Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Peggy Muddles, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at thevexedmuddler [!at] gmail.com.
Frequently asked questions
Custom and personalised orders
If you'd like a different cord or clasp on any of my ready-to-ship items, please contact me before buying. Extra material charges may apply in some cases.
Fully customized items such as new designs or different shapes and colours for existing designs take 3-5 weeks to create. Please leave plenty of time, and let me know if you have a deadline!
Gift wrapping and packaging
All of my ceramic jewellery comes in a cute little box with tissue paper inside, ready for easy gifting. Just add a card and a bow!
Ceramic is generally pretty tough stuff, but it can chip if it's bashed against hard surfaces repeatedly, and it doesn't enjoy being dropped on tile floors. Harsh chemical cleaners can damage leather, hemp, and cotton cords. I've designed my items to withstand my rough and busy workday, so if you treat your Vexed Muddler original with just a little bit of kindness, you'll get years of wear out of it!