QuincyCAAAAA on Aug 28, 2014
Love this case - it is a joy to reach for it in my purse. Well made and worth every penny considering the handwork involved in making it. It is lovely and sweet. Thanks.
Boho Inspired Textiles
Born in 1961 in the small Welsh mining village of Troedyrhiw, South Wales I grew up among the towering mountains, native woodland, and forests of the Merthyr Valley.
Taught to stitch and crochet by my beloved Nana I spent my formative years exploring my native surroundings, climbing trees, collecting leaves and flowers, drawing wildlife and of course stitching
Continuing to stitch throughout my life, after raising 3 children I started my formal education in textiles as a mature student with City and Guilds in Creative Embroidery in 1996 then a BA (Hons) Surface Pattern/Textiles in 2000 and PGCE Art and Design the following year
I graduated from the University of Cumbria in 2011 with an MA in Embroidered Textiles and in 2012 since won two prestigious awards for my whimsical hand stitched illustrations - A Silver Award for Textiles from Craft and Design Magazine and The Selectors Prize For Innovation from the Platform Gallery, Clitheroe
Popular and reoccurring motifs in my artwork include birds, woodland creatures, folklore, the countryside and sea, creating an artwork that introduces a modern aesthetic while remaining true to its rustic roots.
My work combines my love of storytelling with my passion for embroidery and I spend many an evening curled up on the sofa with needle in hand letting my mind wander to new characters and places and the adventures they have there
As an embroidery project designer, I have had work published in several UK needle craft magazines.
I exhibit my embroidered illustrations in galleries in the North West of England
On completion of my Masters Degree in Embroidered Textiles I found that my thirst for experimentation continued
This led to further exploration of the creative combinations and endless possibilities of layering cotton, kantha stitching then embellishing with traditional embroidery stitches
I have recently added my lifelong love of crochet into the mix to produce these colourful embroidered accessories and jewellery
Julie Bull is a nationally recognized, award winning textile artist creating whimsical hand stitched illustrations, accessories and jewellery, produced from hand dyed, reclaimed cotton fabrics and threads
You will find a range of hand embroidered accessories all made using a mix of hand dyed, recycled and new materials.
Do come along and visit me...
❀ My Blog: http://handstitchedstories.blogspot.co.uk/
❀ Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/JulieBullTextileArtist
❀ Twitter: https://twitter.com/JulieBullArtist
❀ My Website: http://www.juliebulltextileartist.co.uk
If you do not find the answer to your questions below, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Accepted payment methods
- Accepts Etsy gift cards
- Prices are in GBP however you can view prices in your own currency by setting it at the bottom of the page. Paypal will make the currency conversion for you.
- You can pay by credit or debit card without setting up a PayPal account.
- Payments are due at time of purchase.
- If payment is not received within 3 days, the transaction will be cancelled and the item re-listed. Thank you for your understanding on this matter :)
- For custom-made orders, please allow extra time given in listing.
- All shipping rates are set according to weight and destination.
- UK orders are sent 1st Class.
- European & International orders are sent standard Airmail (equivalent to first class international). Most packages sent worldwide take 5-14 days. Please note that international packages occasionally get delayed in Customs, this is unfortunately out of my hands.
- I always get a certificate of posting.
- If you wish to have an item shipped with insurance or tracking, please contact me so I can update the shipping costs before you check out.
- Please make sure your Etsy & Paypal addresses are the same. If the addresses differ your purchase will be shipped to your Paypal address.
- International customers are responsible for paying Customs duties should they apply.
- I cannot accept responsibility for lost or damaged parcels.
- Please note a small charge is included for packaging costs.
- All orders are carefully packaged with loving care.
Refunds and Exchanges
I cannot accept returns after two weeks from the purchase date.
If you do not receive the item (because it is lost in the post) I have to wait three weeks before the post office will investigate it. I will refund the cost of the item and the postage as soon as they verify that it was not delivered.
Everything in my shop is made, packaged, and shipped with loving care. Customer satisfaction is very important to me, so whatever it is, don’t hesitate to contact me.
Additional policies and FAQs
If you would like a specially commissioned piece please convo me to discuss your requirements
Custom orders take between two and four weeks depending on how busy I am.
Wholesale orders are welcome for my accessories, jewellery and cards
Please convo for terms and minimum orders
Feedback is always welcome!
Enjoy your shopping :)