Announcement Welcome to a wide selection of vintage and antique tins at tinprincess. Biscuit tins, confection tins, romantic tins with lovely patinas… From retro to really old, these tin boxes are wonderful for collecting, display, storage, and swooning over. And there’s superior customer service, too.
Welcome to a wide selection of vintage and antique tins at tinprincess. Biscuit tins, confection tins, romantic tins with lovely patinas… From retro to really old, these tin boxes are wonderful for collecting, display, storage, and swooning over. And there’s superior customer service, too.
- All 528
- Tins Highly Collectable 99
- Gorgeous/For Her- Tins + 40
- Tins Galore 135
- Tins Cottage Chic 27
- Patina Items, Primitives 34
- With Him in Mind - Tins+ 11
- Boxes 24
- Paper Ephemera Art Books 105
- Other Surprises 29
- Holiday Tins & Items 20
Nisa Mars on Jul 21, 2016
absolutely ADORE!! such a great shop. super quick ship. Very well packaged!! even prettier then pictures! couldn't be happier!
Karen L Howard Sackcloth Gallery on Jul 13, 2016
Wonderful service, questions asked and answered promptly, high quality. May have to find something else to buy from her <3
Tracy DiPiazza on Jul 13, 2016
Good communication, item as described & quickly shipped.
A passion for tins...
I’ve developed a passion for tins in recent years, and in addition to collecting them for myself, started selling them online and in antique shops. Circumstances required me to do work on a flexible schedule from home, and my journey as tinprincess started to evolve.
For me, a tin’s value or desirability goes beyond its rarity or near perfect condition. It has to do with its beauty. And sometimes wear and patina can enhance the beauty of a tin, giving it a personality or visible history which is totally unique.
My love affair is with tins from the circa 1900 period, when biscuit makers tried to outdo each other with elaborate designs, many figural. I’ve started a collection of turn-of-the-century handbag tins -- these are fascinating, delightful, and hard to find. With any luck, some of these will make their way into my Etsy shop.
But tins from all eras captivate me. I look for beautiful colors, graceful shapes, pretty patinas, and interesting artwork. I am thrilled to find the right homes for these “jewels,” as I call them. I’ve sold tins to collectors old and new, artists who make sculpture and jewelry from them, and even to celebrities. One uniquely distressed tin was bought as a prop for a motion picture.
As an artist myself – whose painting career is temporarily on hold – I enjoy the artistic aspect of my business. I love putting together groups of tins, which is a form of collage to me. Individually the tins are lovely, but the right ones together can be spectacular.
Accepted payment methods
- Accepts Etsy gift cards
• Ohio residents pay sales tax on total cost, including any shipping and handling.
• I only ship to the address provided at check out, so if you are sending a gift or need your item shipped elsewhere, be sure to add that address to your address book before purchase, and use it at check out.
• I will ship some items to certain foreign countries which have delivery confirmation from the U.S., the complete list is below. If necessary, contact me for a shipping quote.
• Canada, Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Australia, Belgium, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Israel, Latvia, Lithuania, Malaysia, Malta, Netherlands, New Zealand, Singapore, Spain, Switzerland.
• For international shipments, all customs charges, import fees, VAT, and related expenses due at time of delivery are the responsibility of the buyer. Recent experience shows some countries impose steep charges.
• International buyers, please allow two to three weeks shipping time for delivery.
• International buyers, please read item description thoroughly and look at all photos. Return shipping costs could be very expensive for you.
• Alaska and Hawaii, please allow additional delivery time, possibly a week or more.
• Very sorry, due to delivery problems, I no longer ship to APO/FPO addresses, or U.S. Protectorates.
Refunds and Exchanges
• Returns are accepted up to 14 days after item is received, with buyer paying return shipping, so read the description closely and view all photos. If I have made a serious error in the listing (or otherwise) I will refund your return shipping costs. Contact me first by email for instructions on initiating a return.
• In the rare case that an insurance claim has to be filed, all original packaging needs to be kept to show proof of damage, there can be a mandatory waiting period until claim can be filed, and you may be required to fill out an online questionnaire to verify loss or damage, or verify by phone, etc.
Additional policies and FAQs
• I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information, to communicate with you about your order, to fulfill your order, and for legal reasons (like paying taxes).
• Please contact me to resolve any issues before leaving poor feedback of any kind. I will work with you to resolve any issues that come up. I want you to be happy!