Announcement Welcome to the wood working world of the twisted twigster! Through my shop you can obtain some of the most beautiful and unique pieces of functional art. Lovingly made with the finest craftsmanship from sustainably harvested local woods and finished with eco-friendly/user-friendly hand rubbed oil finishes..
Welcome to the wood working world of the twisted twigster! Through my shop you can obtain some of the most beautiful and unique pieces of functional art. Lovingly made with the finest craftsmanship from sustainably harvested local woods and finished with eco-friendly/user-friendly hand rubbed oil finishes..
Accepted payment methods
- Money Order
Items purchased by check will be shipped as soon as the check clears.
Shipping is easy! I package each piece to allow the best shipping rate while providing the most protection I can to prevent damage in transit. The safe arrival of your purchase is the most important part.
The shipping cost listed generally reflects the cost of the postage alone,but not always. if there is extra packing, custom box creation or special crate building required that too will be included in the shipping cost.
Item(s) will be shipped after full payment has been received.
I generally ship USPS with delivery confirmation included.
If speedy shipping is desired i can adjust the shipping cost accordingly.
Please convo me with your location and mailing code and I will give you a price.
Refunds and Exchanges
If for some reason you are not happy with your purchase please contact me asap and i will do my best to work out a solution. No refunds after seven days.Buyer is responsible for all shipping fees associated with a returned item.
Additional policies and FAQs
*****************CUTTING BOARD CARE*******************
I give my cutting boards, footed plates, serving trays, bowls and utensils multiple coats of oil prior to shipping. I use a mix of Walnut oil and bees wax from my bee hives.
I recommend oiling the piece you purchase at least 3 or 4 times in the first 2 months you have it. Just give it a good coat of oil and wipe off the excess and your piece will give you years of service and beauty!
In time as you gently wash or rinse your cutting board, footed plate, etc. they will begin to loose their luster and rich color. When this occurs simply give it a generous coat of oil, and wipe off the excess. I recommend using a nut oil as it preforms better than veggie oils for this job.
Wood loves to be kept well oiled. So don't be shy about it! This also helps prevent cracking!
Actually cutting on your cutting board seems to be a concern for some, as cutting does leave marks. I recommend choosing the side you feel is most attractive, use this side for serving or display, and do all of your cutting on the back side.
========= Caring for your cutting board. To extend its life and beauty =========:
+ Never put your cutting board in the dishwasher.
+ Do not leave it in the dish water.
+ Don’t let what you've been cutting, dry up on your cutting board, footed plate, etc. i.e. juices, drippings, cheese, etc.
+ Gently wash or rinse your cutting board rite away after use.
This alone will extend its life and beauty dramatically!
+ Always let your cutting board dry thoroughly before storing. The dish draining rack is a great place for this!
+ Never put your cutting board away wet! Any wood put away wet will soon turn BLACK!!!
+ Remember a generous coat of oil, and wipe off the excess.
Wood loves to be kept well oiled!!!
+ Oiling is best done when the wood is clean and dry.
***INSTRUCTIONS FOR HANGING YOUR MOONRISE ALTAR/MIRROR SHELF***
Looking at the back of your shelf the hardware I used are called keyhole brackets, which means there’s hole that the head of screw goes through and a little slot the screw slides into that holds the shelf on the wall.
In a nutshell you're going to install two screws in wall the proper distance apart and level, adjust them so the shelf is snug against the wall,slip the mirror in place on the shelf and remount the shlef/mirror combo on the wall. If there is any step here you dont know how to do. Please follow the instructions below.
***********THE STEPS TO HANG YOUR SHELF ARE:****************
* Determine where you want your Moonrise shelf to hang on the wall.
* Determine if your wall is a solid wood wall or a hollow wall (drywall on studs) if you have a hollow wall you will need to first purchase some screw anchors before you can hang your shelf – these are available at your local hardware store.
* Place a mark using tape or pencil at the bottom edge of the shelf roughly in an area below one of the mounting brackets.
* Looking at the back of the shelf, measure from the base directly below the bracket up to the top of the upper hole of the mounting bracket. We will call this measurement “A”.
* Now measure up from the mark you made on the wall the distance you just determined (measurement A) and make another small mark (Mark “1”). This mark is where one of the mounting screws will be. *Do not install any screws until instructions indicate you to do so as it will interfere with the rest of the process.
* Looking at the back of the shelf again, this time measure from center to center on the brackets as precisely as you can (Measurement “B”).
* Now you can measure from Mark 1 the total distance of Measurement B and make a second small mark at then end of that– this new mark is Mark “2”. Using a level make sure that mark 1 and 2 are level to each other. It would also be prudent to make sure they are the distance of measurement B apart. *As the two keyhole brackets are permanently mounted in the back of shelf measurement B needs to be exact.
* If you are mounting your shelf on a solid wood surface you can just run the screws right into the wood on the proper marks (1 & 2). If you are mounting it onto a hollow wall – such as drywall on studs – you will need to use screw anchors (available at your local hardware store) to mount your shelf...
This next part is kind of tricky so please follow along carefully. *Also do not attach the mirror until specified to do so later in the instructions (attaching the mirror will be in the last step) :
* Installing the screws (with the proper anchors if needed) leave about a quarter inch between the wall and the back of the screw head.
* You won’t really be able to see but you need to align the screw head with the top hole in the bracket – once you have successfully gotten both screw heads in their proper holes carefully allow the shelf to drop/slide into the slot portion of the bracket.
This next step will help to tighten and secure your shelf to the wall.
* At this point you should be able to pull the shelf out slightly from the wall or push it back tight against the wall. To adjust this freeplay until the shelf is snug against the wall remove the shelf from the wall – meaning take it off the screws and tighten each screw a quarter turn – return the shelf back to the wall and repeat as needed until desired snugness is met. *If you screw the screws in too tight you won’t be able to get the bracket on to the screw – so tighten carefully.
* The final steps are to attach the mirror to the shelf and then mount the shelf on the wall for the final time.
*********************TO MOUNT THE MIRROR:***********************
*** On the back of the shelf you will find a crescent shaped cut out with three metal brackets – the metal brackets have felt pads to protect the mirror from scratches – gently slide the mirror (reflective side out of course) into the crescent shaped space between the wood and the felt covered brackets. *The mirror is not permanently attached to the shelf, it sits in this space via gravity! Therefore it can fall out – but once the shelf is completely mounted on the wall the mirror will be just fine.
*** Keeping the shelf level at all times (so your mirror does not pop out) return the mirror and shelf to the mounting screws on the wall for the final time.
*** Adorn your new mirror/altar shelf with some of your most precious keepsakes or flowers and enjoy!