Announcement For African Fabric including Ankara wax prints and handmade Adire fabrics. Our beautiful hand-dyed wax batik fabric, African print fabrics and woven strips are sourced from markets and makers all over the African continent.
For African Fabric including Ankara wax prints and handmade Adire fabrics. Our beautiful hand-dyed wax batik fabric, African print fabrics and woven strips are sourced from markets and makers all over the African continent.
Red and White Batik, Red African Fabric, Red and White Fabric, Handmade Batik Fabric, Nigerian Adire, 4.8 yard Bundle, African Fabric
10 African Wax Print Fat Quarters, Patchwork fabric, Quilting fabric, Patterned cotton, fabric bundles, Ankara Fat Quarters
Aso-oke, Woven Fabric, African Textiles, Beige Aso-oke with Orange Stripes, Strip fabric, Yoruba material, Aso Oke Bundle
Blue and White Batik Fabric, Nigerian Adire Fabric, 2.4 Yards, Nigerian Batik, Nigerian Cloth
Mustard and Beige Aso oke, Woven Strip Fabric, Handwoven fabric, Modern Aso Oke Fabric by the metre
Blue and White Batik Fabric, Nigerian Adire Fabric, 4.8 Yards, Nigerian Batik, Nigerian Cloth
Pink and Black Aso oke, Woven Strip Fabric, Handwoven fabric, Modern Aso Oke Fabric, Sold by the Metre
Pink and Blue Aso oke, Woven Strip Fabric, Handwoven fabric, Modern Aso Oke Fabric, Sold by the Metre
Ankara Print, Mustard Turquoise and Orange Santana Print, African Ankara Fabric Sold by the Yard
Abstract African Batik Fabric, Abstract Nigerian Adire, 2.4 Yrds, West African batik, 100% cotton
Abstract Purple Batik Fabric, African Fabric, Handmade Batik Fabric, Dressmaking Fabric, Adire Fabric, 2.4 Yards, Nigerian Batik
Lilac Brushstrokes on Black Batik Fabric, Handmade Batik Fabric, 2.4 Yard Length Nigerian Fabric
Red and White Batik Fabric, African Batik, Handmade fabric from Nigeria, 2.4 Yards, 2.2 metres
Blue Pink and Yellow Tie Dye Fabric, Traditional Nigerian Adire, 2.4 Yards, Yoruba textile, 100% cotton
Red White and Blue Ankara fabric, Classic African Print, Red Wave Print, African fabric, African Wax print by the yard
Turquoise and Leaf African Print Fabric, Ankara by the yard, Turquoise Wax Print, 100% cotton
Pink, Turquoise and Mustard floral African print, Pink Floral Fabric by the yard, Dressmaking Fabric, Ankara wax print
LuLu on Oct 16, 20215 out of 5 stars
Really lovely pattern bought a spare as I loved it so much
LuLu on Oct 16, 20215 out of 5 stars
Great pattern really nice to sew
jeandmorris on Oct 6, 20215 out of 5 stars
Good quality interfacing which was quickly dispatched. Thank you.
Meg on Oct 5, 20215 out of 5 stars
Item as described. Fast delivery!
Dorothy-Jean on Sep 28, 20215 out of 5 stars
user friendly pattern pieces and instructions. this is a style I had been looking for (side tie).
The pattern arrived well packaged.
whitneyw11ll on Sep 27, 20215 out of 5 stars
Superb hand printed fabrics, love both patterns. Thank you!
Bukky Shoyebi on Sep 23, 20215 out of 5 stars
Excellent fabrics and custom care as usual.
Haptic and Hue on Sep 13, 20215 out of 5 stars
Wonderful fabric! Thank you Urbanstax
Haptic and Hue on Sep 13, 20215 out of 5 stars
Wonderful quality and wonderful service
I always get asked where I get the fabulous wax prints and batiks I work with and I decided to make these available for those who want to experiment with unusual and vibrant textiles.
Here you will find beautiful African fabrics ranging from handmade, hand-dyed batik fabric from West Africa, to Shweshwe prints from South Africa. You will also find African Wax prints that are specially selected for their uniqueness.
Hopefully, I can also pass on the growing knowledge I am picking up along the way as I travel and explore to provide Made in Africa fabric.
Owner, Curator, Shipper
My name is Dolapo and I love to design and create things with bright colours, bold shapes or intricate patterns. I am a chartered Architect turned accessory designer and I absolutely love bold prints, patterns and colours.
I only stock fabric which is produced in Africa. Here you will find unique fabrics ranging from handmade, hand-dyed batik fabric from West Africa, to Shweshwe prints from South Africa. You will also find Wax prints that are specially selected for their uniqueness.
I would love to see your finished creations made out of the fabric you have purchased and to feature you on our blog. We will send you a special discount code to use on your next purchase for any images sent!
Do not hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions.
Accepted payment methods
Returns and exchanges
I gladly accept returns
I don't accept exchanges or cancellations
The following items can't be returned or exchanged
- Custom or personalized orders
- Digital downloads
- Items on sale
Returns and exchange details
To qualify for a refund you must inform us of your wish to return or exchange within 14 days of receipt of your items. The items must be returned in original condition with all tags and packaging intact and items in a saleable condition. We also do not accept returns on fabric that has been cut and/or washed. It is your responsibility to pay for the order to be returned and obtain a certificate of posting.
Kindly note that we do not accept returns on Sewing Patterns.
WITHIN THE UK: Orders are sent using Royal Mail second class post. Most orders will arrive within 3 working days.
INTERNATIONAL: Orders outside of the UK are sent by Royal Mail Tracked Shipping.
EXPRESS/PRIORITY MAIL: If you need a faster delivery, kindly contact us for a quote. Express packages will be sent via DHL. Your package will arrive the next day for UK destinations and within 3 working days for most international destinations.
Express orders received before noon (BST) on a weekday will be dispatched on the same day. After this time, they will be dispatched the next working day. Orders received over the weekend will be sent out on Mondays. Kindly provide a telephone number if you choose this option.
As the UK has now left the EU, orders to EU countries will now be charged local VAT and duty charges and may be subject to additional handling charges upon delivery. If you have any questions related to customs charges you are advised to contact your local customs office.
CUSTOMS & DUTIES: Please be advised that you are responsible for the payment of any import duty that might be incurred in your country.
Do no hesitate to get in touch if you need further information on delivery and shipping.
INFORMATION I COLLECT
To fulfil your order, you must provide me with certain information (which you authorised Etsy to provide to me), such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information like your telephone number for courier deliveries, if you contact me directly.
WHY I NEED YOUR INFORMATION AND HOW I USE IT
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
– as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
– when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for our mailing list;
– if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law.
INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. These rights are described below:
– You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you by contacting us using the contact information below.
– Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict our use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where we are required to store data for legal reasons) we will generally delete your personal information upon request.
– You can object to receiving marketing messages from us after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, we will delete your personal information unless we have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
– If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
HOW TO CONTACT ME
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Dolapo James, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at info [!at] urbanstax.com.
Frequently asked questions
You sell fabric in Yards, What measurement is a yard?
A yard measures approximately 0.9 metres.
Where is your fabric made?
The fabric we sell is produced in African countries; Ghana, Nigeria, South Africa, Tanzania with more countries explored as we go along.
You can wash most of the print and batik fabrics with mild detergent either by hand or in the washing machine.
We do not currently offer wholesale purchasing.