Each of these pieces tells a story and will add a little vintage style to your wardrobe. We will be adding new treasures weekly so please come back and check out our new arrivals!
We will gladly send additional measurements and photos of our items. We're open to any questions or concerns so feel free to contact us :)
Follow us on Etsy and you can also join us on:
Coming soon! In Spring of 2020 follow us on our new blog and sign up for our newsletter for Vivian Vintage 8 shop happenings and promotional events.
We'll keep you informed of our growing business . . . "wink!" (Smile)
** All content and images are the property of Vivian Vintage 8, LLC. Please contact Vivian Vintage 8 / Mary Mordi or Marie Mordi to gain written permission to use content and / or images. Thank you. Please note, In some cases, permission to use content or images may not be granted. **
Accepted payment methods
Returns and exchanges
I gladly accept exchanges and cancellations
I don't accept returns
The following items can't be returned or exchanged
- Custom or personalized orders
- Perishable products (like food or flowers)
- Digital downloads
- Intimate items (for health/hygiene reasons)
Returns and exchange details
All content, including images are property of Vivian Vintage 8 ©2019 rights reserved. No other party may attempt to use content and / or images without specific and expressed permission of Vivian Vintage 8, LLC, Mary Mordi or Marie Mordi, in writing.
The items we offer for sale are antique and vintage and therefore may display a certain amount of age, imperfections and wear. Each item listing indicates if a piece is mended, cleaned or underwent necessary alterations and repairs. We do our best to provide our customers with quality pieces and a clear description of each piece, but once in awhile flaws may be missed. Our items are sold as is. In most cases we will accept exchanges, but typically, we will not accept returns. With that being said, we value our customers. We often review request for returns on a case by case bases. Note, there is a 15% restocking fee for returns. Shipping cost is the responsibility of the customer for any exchanges or returns. Of course, we will gladly refund in full any item grossly misrepresented, unfortunately, we will not offer any reduction. Please read descriptions carefully and review all photos before purchase. Furthermore, contact us with any questions. Great care is taken to provide accurate measurements on each item in our shop, returns due to poor fit are not accepted. With that said, we are concern about our customers and we do our best to offer excellent, fair and friendly customer service.
If a exchange is needed the procedure is as follows:
1. Contact us by convo within 3 days of delivery date to arrange for an exchange of purchase.
2. After we acknowledge your request for an exchange via convo, if we grant your request for an exchange - you will need to ship your item back to us within 7 days of the delivery date of your purchase. Once the item is returned and arrives to Vivian Vintage 8 an email will be sent in 3 - 5 business days confirming the return and the nature of your exchange.
-The buyer must return the item in its original condition
-The buyer pays for return shipping and insurance, the shipping costs will be refunded if the item was grossly misrepresented or on a case by case basis these cost may be refunded under other circumstances. Please note there is a 15% restocking fee.
*Items from the 1930's and earlier are non-returnable due to their fragile nature.
The return shipping address is: 1330 Maryland St., Grosse Pointe Park, MI 48230
******** KNOW YOUR MEASUREMENTS ********
It is important to know your measurements because clothing sizing of yesteryear are not equivalent to current clothing sizing. Here are some quick tips.
- Use a dress maker / cloth tape when taking your measurements. You can find them at your local craft and fabric store.
- Take your measurements over the undergarments you plan to wear with the item you purchase.
- Do your best not to pull the tape too tightly when taking your measurements, you want to ensure a nice comfortable fit. Remember ladies, these wonderful antique and vintage fabrics are well crafted but they do carry age. You don't want to place unnecessary stress on your antique and vintage wears so allow enough room to move freely in them.
- Lastly, there are several key measurements you want to make note of and always keep handy. These are your bust, waist, hips and possibly your arm hole measurements. There are other measurements you will need to know but they are depended on the style and type of item you selected. For instance you may need to know your sleeve length, front and back dress length, shoulder length and possibly your neck measurements.
Tips on taking your key measurements are as follows:
Bust: While wearing a bra, measure around the fullest part of your bust.
Waist: Measure around the smallest part of your waist where it naturally comes inward.
Hips: Measure around the fullest part of your hips; typically, one hand length down from your waist.
******** VIVIAN VINTAGE 8 CONDITION CHART ********
MINT: Never used or very light signs of wear. Appears brand new, no flaws. Usually applies to “virgin vintage”.
EXCELLENT: Barely used, normal signs of wear based on age but small flaws that are not easily visible.
SPLENDID: Worn but in very good shape. On regular inspection flaws are visible but do not detract from the item. Fabric and materials may be stressed.
GOOD: Obvious signs of wear. Noticeable flaws or repairs can be seen. Flaws can be repaired. Vintage too nice to pass on because though it may be flawed or soiled it has redeemable qualities. Somewhat suitable for wear.
FAIR / INSPIRATIONAL: Not suitable to wear. Will need a considerable amount of additional repair if buyer chooses to purchase for wear. Item has historical value and / or tons of fashion interest. Purchase items for intrinsic value, study or re-purposing (convert for use in another format). Most likely unwearable.
Again, if you require further information regarding the condition or measurements of any item please contact us via convo before purchase.
We do offer lay-a-way on items more than $125; including wedding dresses. To start, we like to have a non- refundable 33% down on the total purchase. Typically lay-a-way is six (6) weeks. Payments on lay-a-way merchandise is required every two (2) weeks. Convo us immediately to notify us of your wanted item and your payment timeline arrangements.
We will put your item on reserve send you an invoice via PayPal or mail for the down payment and finalize your future payment invoices. Please add an addition 5% payment PayPal processing fee to your order for all lay-a-way request. The first payment for lay-a-way items is due upon the first emailed invoice via PayPal is sent (immediately) and seven (7) days from any snail mailed invoice delivery date.
Additional policies and FAQs
To be fair to all shoppers, all newly listed items cannot be held on reserve until they have been in our Etsy shop for 72 hours. All regular priced items can be reserve for 2 days, only. We cannot reserve sale items.