Announcement >>> LARGE SALE ON ALL CYANOTYPE PRINTS <<< + >>> FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING <<<
>>> LARGE SALE ON ALL CYANOTYPE PRINTS <<< + >>> FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING <<<
I was a an admirer of photography long before I went through studies on art and photography at National college of art and design in Dublin, Ireland. My approach is very traditional but oriented towards fine art photography and I pride myself on my ability to use good old analog cameras and know how to develop and process all my films. Each photograph in my portfolio may as well be perceived as a single study, beholding similar characteristics as a reflection of a daydreaming person, very much fascinated by nature, often in unreal or surreal manner.
I like to think my portrait work oscillates between fine art and classical portraiture, as it beholds characteristics of both these fields.
I shot with way too heavy, but beautiful large and medium format cameras. I like to experiment with these tools, interchange parts from different cameras or built accessories that help me create those dreamy scapes on the spot.
Hope you enjoy what you see around here, thank you for visit and kind support.
Fine art Portrait and Landscape photographer living in beautiful country of Norway.
• All of my photographs are shot with analog cameras. I'm using various film negatives or Polaroids and its variations made by Impossible Project, FujiFilm or New55.
• Majority of my photographs are printed digitally using museum top standard Hahnemühle or Canson photo paper in matte finish.
• Prints are numbered in limited editions and also signed.
• All digital prints are double coated with Hahnemühle UV protective spray, to ensure tonal longevity for hundreds of years.
• Occasionally listed are cyanotype prints, made by me at home using artificial UV light source.
Accepted payment methods
- Accepts Etsy gift cards
This is a safe, on-line method of payment. A PayPal account is easy to set up and funds are withdrawn from your chosen bank account immediately.
If you prefer to pay with a credit or debit card, choose this option in checkout. Funds are withdrawn from your chosen bank account immediately and there is no need to set up an account with a third party provider.
Intercontinental bank transfer takes a bit long, please allow 4 days for Etsy to process the payment. Paypal then is quicker this way.
Payment is due at the time of your order, and must be received before I will ship out your print. Please let me know if you are experiencing difficulties processing your payment.
All prices are in US dollars.
Online currency converter:
Oversees order delivery can be timely (allow at least 10 working days), you can however choose faster delivery upgrade at the end of your order, this must be paid for additionally.
Customs and import taxes
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Refunds and Exchanges
If your item arrives damaged, please contact me with a photograph of the damaged item within 5 days. I will be happy to replace it at no extra cost.
Refunds cannot be made for custom orders due to high production costs.
Additional policies and FAQs
- Fine art Hahnemühle and Canson papers that I use are top museum quality archival paper brands. I use thick (308gsm or 310 gsm), smooth, matte finish, anti-reflecting papers that are susceptible to abrasion. Please use care in handling.
All large photographs are printed on a paper roll, which means they are warped when coming out of printer. For delivery I use solid paperboard tube and your print will be warped in a protective transparent foil. Your print will not be flat until placed in between mat (passepartout) and mounting back board.
- All images in my shop are negative or positive (Polaroid) scans. Hand developed B&W negatives, and color negatives with help of color processors Jobo ATL 1000 or CPA II. For scanning I use Epson Perfection V750 Pro scanner.
- Photographs up to size A2 I print myself at my home studio using Epson Stylus Pro 3880 printer.
- Digital prints that are larger than A2 are printed by professional lab in London.
- I produce Cyanotype prints with large UV light. Cyanotype is contact printing method where transparent negative image must be applied on photosensitive chemistry that is painted on receiving paper support. If desired print is larger than my original negatives I have to scan it and reprint digitally with large format 24'' plotter HP DesignJet 800.
Frequently asked questions
I have a frame already, do you do custom and personalized orders?
Yes, I do custom sized prints. Please let me know what you're looking for.
How should I look after my print?
Matte fine art paper is beautiful material, however it is very delicate.
Ideally, you should leave your print inside protective sleeve until you decide to frame it yourself or hand it to your local framing shop.
Your print should be displayed on walls that avoid direct sunlight, or extremes in temperature and/or humidity.
Do you offer framing services?
No, I do not. I live in Norway, which is not part of European Union - packaging and delivery would be expensive if it should cross the borders and oceans.
Why is the paper larger than print itself?
I pride myself on my ability to shoot images full frame, meaning, I do not crop images when finalizing for printing. You can see slight fragment of black film negative edge around all my images.
My prints are signed and numbered on the front lower edge of the image. It is a custom to leave sign and edition number uncovered.
If you do not like the idea, kindly let me know, I'll leave these marks only on the back side of the print.
So I'd say white border around the image is important, so when it's framed you will have option to display whole uncropped image, but as well the option to cover with mat.
Do you offer discount on multiple prints purchase?
Yes, I do, please get in touch! NB I can offer no discounts on single print purchase.
Payment plans available?
I'm sorry, I do not offer payment plans. Please get in touch if you're looking for multiple prints purchase, I can arrange discount for you.