My life long love of paper dolls inspired me to make articulated versions for illustration work in the early 2000s. Eventually, after many requests for printed versions, I decided to open my shop to sell high quality reproductions. Later I added originals and prints of my paintings & drawings.
A bit of process: All of my paper dolls start as sketches which are transferred to good paper and then refined. Then I paint them in gouache (opaque watercolors). Once they are painted, they are scanned and prepared for printing.
My paper dolls have been featured in several publications such as Craft, Frankie, Little Thing & others.
I also show my work in various galleries all over the country. You can find a list of upcoming shows & my portfolio on my website pushedunder.com
Favorite art supplies are gouache, pencils & oils. Nothing really beats a bright sunny studio on a day made just for painting.
Around the web
Owner, Creator, Customer Service
Making art has been my main interest since early childhood when I was first stirred by my Mom's artistic pursuits. Much of my inspiration comes from nature, dreams & the history of cultures.
California, United States
A printer located in the United States. I utilize this business for some of my items such as postcards & greetings.
Welcome to Wool & Water where you'll find my original art, prints of my paintings & drawings and reproductions of my original paper dolls.
I try to be thoughtful in my design and strive for highest quality. I hope you'll find something to your liking.
Thank you for visiting my shop!
Accepted payment methods
- Accepts Etsy gift cards
Sales tax will be collected for residents of Indiana.
* I generally ship within 1-3 days for orders shipping within the United States.
* All U.S. orders are shipped with delivery confirmation.
* Insurance or expedited shipping must be requested before the order is made. The cost of those services will be added to your shipping fees.
* Original art is always shipped via priority mail within the U.S.
* For orders outside the U.S., I ship within 2-5 days. The reason for the possible delay? Special trips to the post office are required for international shipping.
* The cost for insurance, delivery confirmation & expedited shipping for international shipping can be expensive but is available (for additional shipping fees) if requested before placing your order.
* I cannot guarantee arrival before Christmas or any other holiday. I will make my best efforts to ship quickly but if you think you need expedited shipping, please message me BEFORE ORDERING.
* If you live outside the U.S., please note that it can take up to 2-6 weeks for arrival under normal circumstances. During the holiday season, that time is likely to be a bit longer.
LOSSES & DAMAGES:
Packages lost or damaged within the postal system are not my responsibility. I do everything I can to get your order to you quickly and in good condition. If you are concerned about possible losses or damages, please message me before you order so I can arrange extra fees for insurance or upgraded shipping.
Refunds and Exchanges
Please message me with any concerns and I'll try to address them to your satisfaction.
If you are unsatisfied with the item you ordered, message me!
Additional policies and FAQs
Wholesale enquiries can be sent to amy.earles [!at] gmail.com (U.S. shops only at the moment)