Announcement Paintings can be viewed locally at Wendigo Tavern (Stoughton), One Barrel Brewing, Johnson Public House, Context Clothing (Madison) and Waypoint Public House (Monona)***Please visit www.nataliewrighthome.com for more info! Thanks for looking!
Paintings can be viewed locally at Wendigo Tavern (Stoughton), One Barrel Brewing, Johnson Public House, Context Clothing (Madison) and Waypoint Public House (Monona)***Please visit www.nataliewrighthome.com for more info! Thanks for looking!
mbennett12 on Oct 19, 2016
In LOVE with this lotion! It is the absolute best tallow lotion I've ever had.
My life (my art) is always a work in progress.
I started my first handmade business in 2004 while living in Santa Monica, California, called Pancake Dinner and started my first Etsy shop in 2006. I sold pillows in the shape of cuts of meat ( I was a vegetarian.. ah, the irony) and other colorful items. I sold my pillows to boutiques nationally and internationally. Then I moved to Providence, Rhode Island where I started grad school at RISD and my focus turned to designing wallpaper.
My MFA degree from RISD is in Textile Design. For two years I lived the wonderful life of art student, living off of hummus and fretting over critique days. I was the recipient of a student design scholarship from Design Sponge and I designed wallpaper for Flavor Paper, called Mustachio. The classic, slightly cheeky design has become a Flavor Paper favorite! You can still have it custom printed and it will turn any space in your house into a classy one.
In 2008, my now ex-husband and I started an Etsy shop together which took us to a handful of Renegade Craft fairs and a few features in some really great magazines. We no longer share our lives, but we do share a silly young boy named Oscar.
I started this Etsy shop in 2012, with a handful of hand-printed wallpaper that I accumulated during grad school. It was very challenging to make art as a single mama, so it took some stumbling around.
I have spent my entire adult life working to make art. It is always a struggle, but like I tell my other art friends (who are also struggling), we don't have a choice. I do believe that. We do what we can to make ends meet, and sometimes they don't. I have worked office jobs, I've been a gardner and a farm apprentice and a baker and I've spent many many many hours behind an espresso machine, which I still do.
This past year of art-making has created a body of work that I never imagined. That's how this works. It's always a work in progress, life & art, one and the same.
Currently my work can be seen at Johnson Public House and One Barrel Brewing in Madison, Wisconsin, Waypoint Public House in Monona, Wisconsin and Wendigo Restaurant, downtown Stoughton.
Originally from Sullivan, Illinois, Natalie has lived in New York City, Los Angeles, Providence, Milwaukee, and other small towns spread out between Vermont and California. She is now quite settled in a small town just outside Madison, Wisconsin.
Accepted payment methods
- Accepts Etsy gift cards
Refunds and Exchanges
Additional policies and FAQs
* The work is 38"x50". At this time, I am not working smaller. I *will*, on the other hand, happily discuss larger work. Please do not ask me to do a 8x10 portrait of your dog. There are plenty of amazing artists (right here on Etsy!) who do that :)
* The work is acrylic paint on heavyweight archival paper. Some clients have chosen to frame the work, and others have chosen to hang with clips. This is up to you!
* If you are local to the Madison area, I would like to take the reference photo myself. If you are not local, I will need an up close reference photo in natural light. We will discuss this further once you contact me.
* The turn around time is 3-6 weeks, depending on my work load.
* Please contact me for the price and for any other questions you may have! Thanks so much for your interest!