Helpful Relevancy Team Looking for ways to fix my shop

Helpful Relevancy Team is a moderated team with the following requirements:

This Team is not accepting new members. It will be shut down soon.

Elsewhere

Lori from LorikArt says

I would appreciate any suggestions for improving my shop. I have been changing titles, descriptions, tags..even rephotographed most things but still very little daily traffic.
Lori

Posted at 6:11 am Jun 4, 2012 EDT

Your store is great and you have had some sales already. The only problem I can see is the photos. Maybe bring the lighting down. Right now you can't see the edged and the background is stark white. Maybe use a model or paper background. The photos with a wood or fabric background and your avatar are much warmer. Try some shaded natural light to get the real color. Love the banner.

Suzanne

Posted at 6:30 pm Jun 4, 2012 EDT

Lori from LorikArt says

Thanks Suzanne. I will work on the photos as you suggested. I know I am lucky enough to have had some sales - but only one has been this year. What concerned me most was the trickle of about 8-10 visits a day - maximum.

Thank you for your help and the nice things you said too:)

Posted at 7:08 pm Jun 4, 2012 EDT

Hi Lori. You have some really unique jewelry. It's playful and youthful. I'm sure there's a market for it. This may be splitting hairs but I'm not sure how your avatar connects to your shop. Have you thought of changing it to a cat's eye, like one from your necklaces? Those are really striking. Just a thought :-) Good luck!

Posted at 11:45 pm Jun 5, 2012 EDT

Lori from LorikArt says

Thanks Bonnie. I think you might be right. I haven't made much in that style of jewellery lately. I 'll set to work on it :) btw i love you little black cat!

Posted at 7:11 pm Jun 8, 2012 EDT

Lori from LorikArt says

And Bonnie, thank you for the nice way you described my work - that is exactly how I would want it to be seen :)) And I have started work on a new logo already!

Posted at 7:46 pm Jun 8, 2012 EDT

You're welcome Lori :-) I'm glad to have helped...that's what this team is all about right? I can't wait to see your new avatar! And I think my little black cat (one of two) is pretty cute too...but she is quite the trouble maker!

Posted at 3:11 am Jun 9, 2012 EDT

Hi I am very new to etsy and trying to sell my paintings. Please advice if you have any suggestions or tips how to sell my artwork. I would appreciate any suggestions for improving my shop. I have tried to fix titles, descriptions, tags... still no success.

Posted at 11:05 pm Jun 9, 2012 EDT

Hi, Maitreyii!

I just looked at this item: www.etsy.com/listing/96034860/36-large-original-abstract-paintings

I guess all of us here are just trying to figure out what works! In your case, I think the best advice I ever got was to think of how someone would search for my item. If I were looking for your painting, I would not start the search with the size of the painting.

I think you could try "Painting, Abstract Seascape in Brown and Gold" maybe

Then in the description: Repeat the title in the first sentence and add the media, oil, acrylic, or whatever. Explain your process and what is special about the painting. Then put in the painting's measurements.

I have been told, and it seems true, that repetition is important. So the tags for that painting should echo the title and description. Use words in sentences and phrases since search algorithms for Google particularly are sensitive to word placement.

Your description of the painting as it stands does not tell me if it is oil or acrylic. I don't know if it is sealed, varnished, safe for sun exposure. People like to kn ow these things.

I hope this is somewhat helpful. I know I am constantly reworking my information for items because SEO is really difficult!

Good luck,