Los Angles Area Artists/Upcyclers New Member Area

Los Angles Area Artists/Upcyclers has the following requirements:

Hi!

Thought I'd get things going for this team..

My name's Michelle and I live in Bellflower - I have another etsy store (The Traveling Jeweler) but decided to venture out in upcycled cake stands. I got my inspiration after seeing some of the pictures on my Craftster app. Naturally I thought, " I can do that..but with more bling!"

I love the idea of upcycling materials and creating something new - not only saving the environment, but also re-purposing something that has been sitting at the Goodwill or in a dusty attic and giving it new life!

Can't wait to meet all of you - not too many LA etsy teams out there.. Let's spread the word around!

Posted at 11:39 pm Sep 24, 2011 EDT

New to LA Artists and I am excited to be a team member. I take broken vintage jewelry and make new modern pieces. Look closely - sometimes they can be seen in the movies I work on.

Here's one of my new items.

www.etsy.com/listing/83408682/lucid-ball-necklace

Posted at 4:00 pm Oct 8, 2011 EDT

Welcome to my shop:
www.etsy.com/shop/micastudio

Here's one of my Lamps, please stop by and see my other work!

www.etsy.com/listing/79393658/table-lamp-peace-natural-driftwood
THANKS!
Cheryl

Posted at 5:07 pm Oct 21, 2011 EDT

Beautiful Items!

I haven't seen a lot of action in the other threads lately, but would like to know if anyone else has any success selling their upcycled items at craft fairs.

I recently had one for my cake stands and it was unsuccessful. Not sure if it's my display or my prices.

Has anyone had any success?

Posted at 4:11 pm Nov 3, 2011 EDT

I probably can't afford to indulge this hobby too much yet but I am definitely interested...I've got some "vintage"(old, like from when I was a kid!) furniture that could be upcycled. I don't want to sell it, I just want to do something else with it for myself...someday...soon. This might be the motivation I need.

Posted at 8:41 pm Jan 13, 2012 EST

I'm loving the stuff coming out of LA! This is a small group considering how huge our city is... I love that, so let's take advantage of it and get to know each other. I just opened my shop a couple weeks ago... so I'm really new... Here are some of my items

www.etsy.com/listing/91519065/bonsai-string-art
www.etsy.com/listing/92651902/honey-bee-string-art
www.etsy.com/listing/92187047/yellow-grey-dress-shirt-and-sweater-vase

Thanks for taking a look!

Posted at 2:11 am Feb 15, 2012 EST

Hi! I'm new to the team. I specialize mostly in bottle cap earrings but carry some other upcycled & vintage goodies as well!

www.etsy.com/listing/97616010/blue-color-block-striped-bottle-cap