Catch My Party Need help with a party theme!

Catch My Party is a moderated team with the following requirements:

The only requirement for joining this team is to list yourself in our free Catch My Party vendor directory here:

Just click on the link to take you to our vendor page, then click on the pink link that says "Add your listing to our free vendor directory."

If you're not a member of our site already, please join, then head back to the vendor page and fill in your Etsy info, which will take less than a minute. I promise. :) Once you're done you should see your listing immediately on our vendor page.

I am throwing a joint birthday party for my daughter and son. Their bdays are close together and my family is mainly out of town so I want to reduce the travel. MY daughter is turning 4 and my son is turning 1. I am considering a little monsters theme. But any suggestions would be welcome.

The party will be mid-october. I have to start planning early so I don't put things off till the last minute like usual :)

Anitria :)

Posted at 5:06pm Mar 25, 2012 EDT

You can use the sesame strret characters. They have Abby besides of all the other boyish characters.

Posted at 6:28pm Mar 25, 2012 EDT

Thanks...i love sesame street!

Posted at 7:49pm Mar 25, 2012 EDT

how about "woddy" and "jessie" from Toy story movie??

Posted at 11:37pm Mar 25, 2012 EDT

If you like the Idea,I can make you a verrry unique banner for them :)

Posted at 11:39pm Mar 25, 2012 EDT

I like boy/girl parties that are similar, but not super matchy matchy. For instance, a fairy & ogre party. They both have that fairy tale feel, but one is definitely girly and the other is definitely boyish. Plus, the decorations can easily be tied together.

A little man mustache bash & little lady glamour party.
Barbie & GI Joe Party (Although I'm strongly against buying these types of party products from Etsy shops when they don't have the license to legally make them. I think it takes away from stores like yours and mine that only sell original designs.)
Garden Party - Lady Bugs/Butterflies & Creepy Crawlies
Outer Space - Girls are from Venus & Boys are from Mars
Pink Poodle in Paris for your daughter & some thing like Bulldogs in American or Bulldogs in Baseball...something boyish with dogs for your son

I do like your idea of Little Monsters. That could easily be translated into boy and girl styling. Do you remember the movie "Little Monsters?" It had that magical feel that really appealed to girls (and it had Fred Savage), but it was definitely about monsters for boys. That would be FUN to translate into a party.

Good luck!! When you decide on a theme let us know!

Posted at 10:38am Mar 27, 2012 EDT

How about a Mickey & Minnie Mouse party?

Posted at 12:30pm Mar 27, 2012 EDT

I have seen a lot of pirate & mermaid themes for boy/girl parties & love that idea! Good luck :)

Posted at 1:19pm Apr 2, 2012 EDT

I have a DIY Printable "Little Monsters" Halloween Set that I could customize for a birthday!

Posted at 7:49am Apr 3, 2012 EDT