art Suspicious Activity - Please read

art has the following requirements:

The ART Team is open to all buyers, collectors, and artists.

I just want to let you all know that I think there are a few of art thieves out there

4 days ago several of my photographs were faved by a Suzie Thompson
5 days ago a few were faved by a Katie Dudley

I went to check out their profiles and they no longer exist. I have written Etsy to see if they can investigate this.

I wanted to give you guys a heads up

Posted at 7:51 pm May 29, 2012 EDT

katie dudley favorited something of ours as well. please let me know what etsy says. thanks for the heads up!

Posted at 7:56 pm May 29, 2012 EDT

so far I haven't heard from them but I'll let you know

Posted at 11:25 pm May 29, 2012 EDT

Sorry to hear this! I've read about similar stories on other teams where the accounts are "robot" accounts where there isn't a person behind them, almost like spam. Let us know if you hear something back from Etsy!

Posted at 11:36 pm May 29, 2012 EDT

It seems like we've all been seeing activity by fake people mass-faving people's items (like 5000 pages of favourites after having only been on etsy for a day), and when you look at their profiles, they link to off-site pages advertising marketing for etsy shops. Spam spam spammy spam. All we can do is report the accounts as we find them. It's so gross.

Posted at 12:40 am May 30, 2012 EDT