Supadupa Help Editing Imported Product Descriptions

Supadupa has the following requirements:

Just joined this team and am working on my new supadupa boutique! Still trying to choose a theme that looks good with my different sized photos, but at least I managed to get all my Etsy listings imported (yay!)

My problem is that there are lots of unreadable characters in my imported product descriptions. I can't figure out for the life of me how to edit the text!

Any help would be sincerely appreciated!

Kathy
Farmhouse Vogue

Posted at 9:34am May 4, 2012 EDT

There are a few themes that help hide that the photos are different sizes. You can walk through trying each one under shop design. To edit your products you can just go to Products, click on the one that you want and edit it. Your sections are under "Collections" and you can have products in more than one section and arrange each the way that you want to. Just keep asking questions until you get it because most of us have been through it already.

Posted at 9:56am May 4, 2012 EDT

FleaMarketMuse from FleaMarketMuse says
Edited on May 4, 2012

Do you have a link to show an example?

Some possibilities...corrupted csv data file. It just happens sometimes. Or it could have been scrambled during the import for some reason.

You may want to try downloading a fresh csv and re uploading and see if that fixes?

In my quick skim about importing the Etsy csv files ...I think it says it will not duplicate items in your Etsy data that are already in your store. I don't think it mentioned if it will update existing supadupa listings if they are updated in the Etsy csv.

This may end up being something for their tech support.

Edit to add: I should have read closer...I see you have decided to manually edit. Hope you don't have too many items!

Posted at 10:00am May 4, 2012 EDT

Thanks so much, both of you, but I am still struggling. If I click on one of my descriptions, this is the message I get:

You are currently using the FREE PLAN which allows you up to 10 products to be displayed in your boutique.

Your plan allows you to add & edit more products but they will not be visible to your customers until you upgrade.

To unlock the full potential of your store is easy. Choose a plan that suits your needs and click to unlock more features.

Wow, only 10. . . I imported 111 items but all but ten are locked. I cannot even click on the descriptions of those that are locked without getting the above message. I guess I didn't realize there's a limit to product. May not be worth it at this point?

Posted at 2:03pm May 4, 2012 EDT

While I can't help you with your editing issues, I would like to chime in with my train of thought. In regards to Supa, I chose the 2nd shop option. At first I thought, "Wow, $29 is a good chunk of change every month for a shop." Then I thought about the fact that I just paid my Etsy bill. It was $59. because of renewing, listing and cost of Etsy's % when items sold. I will work hard to promote my Supa shop, (I'm getting new business cards to redirect my current customers) while allowing my Etsy shop to get it's own traffic for a while. Etsy is currently changing things and that always slows down my sales and I tend to renew WAY too much. So, in a way our Supa shops might just end up being a better deal than our Etsy shop!

Posted at 2:44pm May 4, 2012 EDT

Thank you, Kelly! I did manage to manually edit my listings (only did the ten that actually show!).

I am thinking of for now going with the $19/month plan and I agree with your train of thought regarding that relatively low fee compared to the fees we pay with Etsy.

Send me your link! I'd love to check out your shop and get some design ideas!

Posted at 2:53pm May 4, 2012 EDT

If you are promoting your supadupa shop...you may find it worthwhile to buy your own domain to point at it. Domains are usually around ten bucks a year.

If you are promoting ..having a domain name means...your links will always work and won't "break" if you ever decide to change from supadupa to somewhere else...those links can always be pointing to where ever you have your shop.

Posted at 3:52pm May 4, 2012 EDT

Sure, Kathy! My new shop (4 days old!) is: Lambsears.mysupadupa.com

I know NOTHING about the internet outside of Etsy and would love to buy my own domain name, but I don't know how to do all that "redirecting" stuff. So, I am looking at what Supa is suggesting and figured I would use a company they give directions on how to do it.

I read about it a couple days ago, but got cold feet again, afraid that I wont be able to figure it out and I will have wasted the $.

I am a real wimp!!!

Posted at 4:34pm May 4, 2012 EDT

That is a good way to go...go to a company's website first before buying and see if they have the information you need.

You can also call/email a company before buying and see if that is something their customer support would help you set up.

Posted at 4:50pm May 4, 2012 EDT

Kelly,

Your supadupa shop looks absolutely fabulous! Your photography is outstanding. What template did you use by the way?

I am a wimp, too. I fumble my way around all this kind of website design/domain name/internet stuff!

FleaMarketMuse, where did you purchase your domain name?

Posted at 5:12pm May 4, 2012 EDT