Etsy EAST Australia BNRs in Australian Teams?

Etsy EAST Australia is a moderated team with the following requirements:

Anyone within Australia , come on in!
You will be approved shortly after you join. Allow a few days for us to see your application.

Hey everyone, just wondering if anyone here in this team is involved in a BNR with other Australian Etsians? I've been looking but am finding it hard to find treasuries...(I'm just starting to learn about these)...cheers K

Posted at 7:16 pm Jul 16, 2012 EDT

I haven't ever done an Aussie one!

Posted at 10:01 pm Jul 16, 2012 EDT

I just figured out what they were a few weeks ago !!

Posted at 11:01 am Jul 17, 2012 EDT

Sorry for my ignorance - what is BNR?

Posted at 5:07 am Jul 18, 2012 EDT

japanese2please from japanese2please says
Edited on Jul 18, 2012

I've never done one, this is the first time I've heard of BNR. I just tried to find out what it was and someone had written it stands for Buy N Replace. I'm still not sure how they work though.

Kylie, what is it exactly?

Posted at 9:16 am Jul 18, 2012 EDT

Well, to be honest, I'm hoping we will all learn together as I'm still learning too. From my understanding is it a Buy N Replace treasury, meant to increase sales and exposure...I've been in one and didn't sell anything...but I didn't really understand it very well. It was an overseas one as well so that made it trickier with the time zones.

From what I understand, a treasury is created of etsians who are happy to sell for a minimum sale price, which is agreed upon by the curator. Then the treasury is listed. If someone see something they would like to see, either listed or in your shop, and it meets the minimum sale price, then they can nominate an item in their shop to be promoted. and so on it goes...I think that's right.

I was hoping to find either an Aussie based one to see how it goes and / or someone else who has been involved in one to shed a little light on it for us all.

There is a lot of promotion going on at the moment for Christmas in July, it could be a good time to do one if anyone is interested in running it?

Posted at 6:27 am Jul 19, 2012 EDT

Air from occasionalsweets says
Edited on Jul 19, 2012

I was involved in one run from the US, I purchased something to move into a spot in the treasury but didn't sell anything myself. I think it needs a lot of people interested in it to work... I guess maybe it might be worth trying here? My only concern would probably be that not many of us really know much about them over here & that would make it tricky. But no harm in trying, right?

I could set up a treasury, you guys know how much I love creating them, but I'm not really sure how we start things off. Do a group of us just put our hands up to be the first 16 and then see what happens? (Obviously I won't be in it if I'm creating it.)

Posted at 9:12 am Jul 19, 2012 EDT

That sounds great Air, I think it's accepted that if you are running it you can have your shop included in the treasury, which stands to reason as if you are going to take the time to curate the treasury and keep an eye on sales and re edit it as needed....so I would definitely be happy with that.

I think you are right, it doesn't hurt to try.....I'd be happy to be in it and try and be around to help keep an eye on things...I think that to get it started you would just do a sign up like you would for other treasuries and then go from there....

I have spoken with Twinkles and she is happy for the BNR to go ahead....(and also would love to be in it).....so what do you all think?....

Posted at 7:34 pm Jul 19, 2012 EDT

We could try running one for a couple of days or so, and see what happens? I think they normally do 24 hours in the states but I think we might need a little longer to try it out here. Might even need to run it for a week perhaps.

For those who are unclear, do a treasury search for BNR and see if its something you might be interested in.

Basically my understanding of it goes like this: the treasury is built around items which are all within an agreed price bracket, you buy something in a BNR treasury, and notify the organiser, in order to then get your 'spot' in the treasury. Then, the theory goes, someone else who wants a spot on the treasury will buy your item, and onwards it moves, for the length of the treasury, whether that be 24 hours or a week. I'd suggest we start with items around the $5-$10 mark and see how it goes. Even as I write this out I'm wondering if its going to be possible here... our numbers are so much lower. But hey it might be fun!

Posted at 10:59 pm Jul 19, 2012 EDT

Hey everyone, Air has just put the callout for anyone interested, have a look in the thread....for anyone wanting more info on what it means check out this gret thread from Cindy...http://www.etsy.com/people/cecrafts

www.etsy.com/teams/12634/imagination-creations/discuss/10466919/