American Girl and 18 inch Dolls Accessory Artists where are the doll size notions

American Girl and 18 inch Dolls Accessory Artists is a moderated team with the following requirements:

Anyone with at least one 18 inch doll item for sale in their shop may join.

I have trouble finishing clothing items such as overalls because I can not find the correct size overall buckle and slide for for my cute corduroy bib overalls and jumpers. I would also like to try small zippers (2-3 inch long) but where are they?

Posted at 8:06 pm Jun 4, 2012 EDT

I have asked the same thing. Also was looking for source of specialty buttons, mini sized.?

Posted at 9:36 pm Jun 6, 2012 EDT

Have you ever thought about making them from polymer clay? Just take some type of round (or other shaped punch), cut it out, put holes in it, and then bake.

If you wanted to buy them, though, I did find this website. Not sure if you are already familiar with it, but here it is:

www.nancysnotions.com/product/doll+size+button+set.do?sortby=ourPic...

Posted at 11:18 pm Jun 6, 2012 EDT

I think a lot of people use button instead of buckles, because buckles are so hard for a lot of kids. And i agree, poly clay button should be really easy to make.

Hobby Lobby sells some great mini cutters right by the clay in fun shapes. :)

Posted at 5:00 pm Jun 7, 2012 EDT

Since I make & (try to) sell clothes for the American Girl Doll, I'm always looking for mini notions. So, maybe I can help. I found 3 places that sell doll size zippers--CR's Crafts -- great supplier of all things for your dolls.
Fancy Work and Fashions -- has separating doll-size zippers,
and TLC Doll Hospital. All can be found if you Google them.

I happened to have a doll size overall set in my 'button box', but I don't remember when I bought it. It's from JHB International. I googled them and the item is still made, but, they only sell wholesale.
It's Item #655 and is called 'Mini Overall Set'. Mine is marked at $2, but, it's at least 2 years old. I think I bought it at JoAnn's Fabrics, but haven't seen it there in a long while.

I found have lots of mini buttons at Hobby Lobby in their scrapbooking area. JoAnn's has small bottons, too. They also have doll size buckles.

Hope some of this helps!

Hope some of this helped.

Posted at 9:56 pm Jun 14, 2012 EDT

Hi, again! If you are still looking for Doll - Size notions, check out this website -
www.homesew.com/index.html

You can find overall closures here --
www.homesew.com/sc/productsearch.cgi?storeid=*1a6f0c47d0269a1c016e7...

I also found a few doll size zippers by checking 'supplies' here on Etsy.

Posted at 10:46 am Jun 17, 2012 EDT

Sorry, that second link didn't work the way it should have. Go to the
homesew.com website and in "search" type in
DP97 -- that is the overall closures item number. I'm sure this is what you are looking for.

Posted at 10:50 am Jun 17, 2012 EDT

Thank you everyone for all the helpful information. This is a great team !!!

Posted at 4:42 pm Jun 18, 2012 EDT

For zippers:

And with those you can pick your own colors.
Hope this helps!

Posted at 2:51 pm Jun 25, 2012 EDT

Wow, great information here - thanks!

Posted at 5:54 pm Sep 11, 2012 EDT