Handcrafted Pens Anybody going with "Direct Checkout"?

Handcrafted Pens has the following requirements:

Anyone can join if you create handcrafted pens or pencils. This team is a great place to ask fellow wood turners questions you may have about Etsy, woodworking, or anything you would like to ask. Please keep all comments clean and respectful.

Thinking I might give it a shot, some pros and cons though , more payment options , but cost sellers more per transaction, for me on average it might cost an extra .75 which for me isn't that big of a deal, you guys sell nickers and more expensive pieces where the charge would be higher , Anyone considering or already dismissed the idea? So just curious of everyone's opinions, is making a little less worth the sale ?

Posted at 10:22 pm May 15, 2012 EDT

*nicer. Not nickers lol

Posted at 10:23 pm May 15, 2012 EDT

Cory says

I am using it but I haven't had any sells from it yet.

Posted at 11:30 pm May 16, 2012 EDT

i just got the offer, i think i am going to go ahead and activate it in hopes it will increase sale. alot of folks don't like paypal and this can make it easier to pay with a credit card

Posted at 1:10 am May 17, 2012 EDT

I haven't activated it yet. I may in the future. I do not like google checkout . This appears to be a little better. I prefer paypal.

Posted at 9:43 pm Jun 3, 2012 EDT

I use both Direct Pay and PayPal option. Cost is about the same (Direct Pay maybe a little less in some circumstances).
Works good for me - no complaints.

Posted at 11:14 am Jun 4, 2012 EDT

I guess I missed my chance. It was offered to me a while ago, but I didn't take it. The other day I had a customer who was having trouble with PayPal, so I went to activate it... and it's not available for my shop yet.

Now I'm on the list, so at some point during the roll-out I should be able to activate it.

Posted at 8:39 am Jun 8, 2012 EDT

i went ahead and did it, i've only had one sale with it but seems to be just fine with me. it does take a little longer shipping, because the info in not in paypal already but i can live with it

Posted at 7:34 pm Jun 10, 2012 EDT

Im not a fan and recently turned it off...

Im in the process of buying a house, and due to the fact that the Direct Checkout deposits directly into a Bank account I had to explain what all of these random deposits were coming from.

It has been a huge pain, and every single deposit has to have some kind of documentation on who, what, when, where and why it was happening.

Posted at 7:06 pm Jun 11, 2012 EDT

Thanks for the heads-up, CJay. That would be an issue with any credit card system, I guess. It's a good reason to have separate business and personal accounts and keep everything separate.

Posted at 2:32 pm Jun 12, 2012 EDT