V for Vintage Pal Promotion and Chat

V for Vintage has the following requirements:

Anyone who buys or sells vintage. and We love looking in and promoting each others shops. Every effort has been made to keep this team pressure free and without a lot of bells and whistles.

Elsewhere

Hi all. I thought it would be nice to get to know each other through one of our threads so I came up with this one and we will see if it will fly

Feel free to chat here, share something funny that happened in your day, rave about your absolutely greatest treasure you just found, even ask a question :)

As far as posting, the rule is I encourage that you post another persons item in your post whenever possible, and especially if you post one of your own. So if you are just responding to a comment it is not always necessary but if you post one of you own then please promote a fellow members as well.

Posted at 9:59 am Jun 12, 2012 EDT

Found this cute little shrug at a fellow members place

Posted at 10:01 am Jun 12, 2012 EDT

Maybe things will be a bit more active here outside the normal work day hours... says the optimist in me :).

This is from one of our newer members and a fancy piece it is!
www.etsy.com/listing/101749758/antique-cheese-keeper-allertons-england

Posted at 3:05 pm Jun 12, 2012 EDT

I have decide also to welcome the new members on this thread. If you are a new member, introduce yourself on the Welcome thread and I will then welcome you on this thread. I had been using a different one but this one I feel is more fitting. So, with that said.......

Posted at 7:17 pm Jun 12, 2012 EDT

Also a welcome to Natalie, at Reminders of the past :) where I found this neat item
www.etsy.com/listing/92952896/vintage-folding-shelf-shabby-cottage

Feel free Natalie to introduce yourself on the welcome thread too so everyone can meet you!

www.etsy.com/teams/11677/v-for-vintage/discuss/10257443/page/8/

Posted at 7:47 pm Jun 12, 2012 EDT

Thank you for the welcome note Kathy. In honor of being such a good team leader, I am posting one of you vintage dresses. My 14 yr old daughter went to an 80s themed dance at school this year and this would have been so perfect! I've hadn't seen so many lace Madonna gloves, quirky Pretty in Pink dresses, a la Molly Ringwald, and teased hair since I was spinning on the dance floor myself in the 80s. Definitely put a smile on my face! :-)

www.etsy.com/listing/36969331/vintage-80s-dress-cocktail-party-black

I also wanted to post an item from another new member - Connie Haskell, fellow hula girl at heart :-)

www.etsy.com/listing/88893453/vintage-vargas-pin-up-girl-print-wwii

Isn't she lovely!

Posted at 9:45 am Jun 13, 2012 EDT

Thanks Kim:) I was beginning to feel all alone here and a might greedy with the thread!

Loved the 80's story.Chuckling just imagining it.
I have several 80s dresses but the one my daughter wore for an 80s shower we attended looked like a pink and white ballerina, and that one I just had to keep! Even found pink damask pumps from the 80s to match it! Oh the good ole days ha ha

Posted at 9:52 am Jun 13, 2012 EDT

Welcome to our newest member Sue. I know this because she signed in on the welcome thread and that is the way I find you to post you here :)!!

Sue is from from purple daisy jewelry plus has 3 other shops !
www.etsy.com/listing/84110136/vintage-rhinestone-owl-brooch-on-the