Lampwork Glass Beads Team What is your favorite bead release?

Lampwork Glass Beads Team has the following requirements:

Anyone can join.
But only post about Lampwork Glass Beads.

This can include projects that you have or are working on that include lampworks.

Also Lampwork artists feel free to share your Lampwork Beads!

List your favorite bead release and why you like to use it!

Posted at 11:26 am Apr 23, 2012 EDT

I have gone through this question many times in the past 12 years and I have to say, although it can be a bit thin for really large beads I love love using Fusion bead release from Frantz Art Glass...

Posted at 2:51 pm Apr 23, 2012 EDT

Thanks Jelveh! I have never heard of Fusion before! Off to check it out!

I haven't found a bead release that I can say that I LOVE. I keep trying new ones to try and find the perfect fit.

Posted at 9:58 am Apr 24, 2012 EDT

I prefer Dip-N-Go Sludge. Sometimes I have a little trouble getting good heat near the end of a cylinder on my hothead and it takes a lot of abuse!

Posted at 9:07 pm Apr 27, 2012 EDT

That is mostly what i use too Carol- I have found that it holds up pretty good. Thanks for the input!

Posted at 11:48 pm Apr 27, 2012 EDT

Foster Fire smooth and tuff - holds well, doesn't break unless I forget to preheat the mandrel, and ..... I can actually get the blimmin beads off it once they are annealed. I was using Fireline Pink Slipper - hopeless stuff. Wouldn't let go of the beads. The only thing I did like about it was that it changed colour from pink to white when it was heated in the flame.

Posted at 3:12 am Apr 29, 2012 EDT

Yes on the Foster Fire-no on the Pink Slipper. Thanks Nikki! :) Off to check both of them out.

Posted at 9:03 am Apr 30, 2012 EDT

I found Sludge Plus about ten years ago, and have never found anything else that is so versatile. I don't think Mike carries it at Frantz anymore, but you can still get it from Craig at Arrowsprings. I've alway preferred it because you can control the thickness on the mandrel easily and avoid having to double dip for larger coverage!

Posted at 1:17 pm Apr 30, 2012 EDT

Nice-I like tha ttoo about the control of thickness. Thanks M&S! :)

Posted at 10:32 am May 1, 2012 EDT

I use a blend of Foster Fire and Fusion. I read on the glass forums that combining these two seems to give the best results and so far I have to agree.

I've never heard anything good about Pink Slipper. I've never even seen it but I sure won't be trying it!

Posted at 9:00 am May 2, 2012 EDT