Help Us Get Sales Specific listings Critiques - Post them here

Help Us Get Sales is a moderated team with the following requirements:

ANYONE no matter what you create is more than welcome to join this team!
The reason I created this team is because I think a lot of people (including me) are having trouble getting their shop noticed and have had very few or no sales, and I would love nothing more than to see everyone succeed in their business. :)

People who are just buyers on Etsy are greatly encouraged to join as well, but you need to be willing to help us out.

WELCOME TO THE TEAM EVERYONE!! :)

Tags

I looked through and didn't find a thread of this nature (could be staring me in the face)--can we start a thread to give advice to each other about specific listings? It's not about self-promotion, it's about providing support.

For example, I have 3 listings that several other teams and people in my life have helped me think of a few suggestions, but I can't understand why they are not getting more views (let alone selling) as I think they are good product, priced very well. Any suggestions, critique, etc deeply appreciated! And I'll answer other peoples posts.

1) www.etsy.com/listing/102506031/vintage-antique-wooden-farm-animals

2) www.etsy.com/listing/103137821/necklace-choker-destash-10-rainbow-b...

3) www.etsy.com/listing/97594951/vintage-antique-metal-lotkey-holes-nails

Thanks in advance!

Posted at 11:53 pm Jul 2, 2012 EDT

Donna Readler from DonnasEarthlyDelites says
Edited on Jul 3, 2012

OK, having no experience in the vintage trade, you can take my suggestions with a grain of salt! :)

For your first listing, maybe take a picture with some of the items in an arrangement as if for play. Just setting up a few of the buildings, animals and people would make for an appealing photo.

For your second listing, do you think you could get a photo of all ten necklaces hanging side by side (preferably in rainbow order of colors--the eye is naturally drawn to that color arrangement). Again, I think this would give a better visual impact and would at first glance give the potential buyer a better feel for what is included in the listing.

For the last listing, I think maybe you should use your second to last photo as your main photo for the listing, it is a little more organized and seems more appealing to me. And maybe throw in a couple of skeleton keys to the lot if you have any--people are crazy for those keys nowadays! And I see you have steampunk as one of your tags, maybe also add "steampunk supplies" or something like that to your title and description as well.

Hope this is helpful!

Posted at 3:12 pm Jul 3, 2012 EDT

Thanks so much Donna, I think I am going to re-do the pics for #1 and 2 for sure and add an old key to listing 3, but not up the price :)

thanks again!!

Posted at 7:50 pm Jul 4, 2012 EDT

Kirsti from KaiceJoy says

Here is my dilema: I could use some suggestions!
I like pics of my kids blankets without kids in them, and yet, I think using my kids in some of the pics give an idea of the product, and a variety...any thoughts? It is challenging to find a balance-any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

www.etsy.com/listing/84412040/tiana-travel-blanket-set-girls-pink

www.etsy.com/listing/83941394/lightning-mcqueen-travel-blankets-boys
www.etsy.com/listing/103003550/bob-tomato-toddler-blanket-veggietales

Posted at 3:43 pm Jul 7, 2012 EDT

Kirsti from KaiceJoy says

I forgot to add that in the description, I do have pics of the blankets without kids, and vice versa...and the pics above are just a few examples!
thanks!!

Posted at 3:44 pm Jul 7, 2012 EDT

kristi-- that is a dilemma. I am not any kind of photo expert!!! however, I think it might be nice to keep doing a mix for the cover photos (close ups w/out kids and ones w kids) but to make sure each kid-related piece once you click on the item has a mix of both pics. hope that makes sense :) I would also (and I totally fail at this sometimes) do the pics as bright as possible!

Posted at 7:35 pm Jul 7, 2012 EDT

Kirsti from KaiceJoy says

thanks, amanda, for the feedback! i am doing as you had suggested...and will probably keep it that way for the time being....and i am totally working on getting brighness in my photos! i will keep working on it!

have a beautiful saturday night!

Posted at 7:38 pm Jul 7, 2012 EDT

one more thing, after looking at your shop, I would suggest the photos where you use the kids in the product as the cover photo be as "close up" as possible :)

have a great sunday!!!!

Posted at 7:55 am Jul 8, 2012 EDT

Kirsti from KaiceJoy says

yep...sounds like a good idea!

Posted at 8:03 am Jul 8, 2012 EDT

This sort of goes with the sharing critical etsy tips, but is for specific listings.

Donna made a great suggestion to me and I think it helped me get some extra views on a specific listings.

Feel free to post a specific listing you want a critique on here!

Posted at 11:06 am Jul 14, 2012 EDT