Preppy Gal Academy Ice Breakers!

Preppy Gal Academy is a moderated team with the following requirements:

PGA Team is a moderated team. Your application will be reviewed by a team leader.

Before you join PGA Team, please note the team charter:

You need to have at least one product in your shop that features some combinations of pink, green, and navy,or contains a preppy in it's description.

PGA- Preppy Gal Academy is a team with the following requirements:

To be a PGA you must agree to abide by the following rules:

-Maintain an active shop on Etsy.com with your handmade Preppy artistic listings

- Abide by Etsy’s Terms of Use and Dos & Don’ts

- Note your PGA membership in your Etsy profile

- Spend 30 minutes per week on BAET activities.

- Use the team tag "preppygalacademy"

- Make and/or click & comment on PGA treasuries

Hi Everyone!

I'm Angie owner of KISStationery, a division of Hype Strype. Our company sells to retail stores in over 40 states. In addtion to our Etsy shop, which is our digital line, we sell wholesale and retail over 120 different products. All preppy and fun of course. I came to this business by way of a law degree. Not a straight path at all. But interesting nonetheless. Would love to hear from as many of you as I can. Thanks and be blessed!

Posted at 7:59 pm Mar 9, 2012 EST

What a great team and thanks so much for letting me join. This is a side business for me. My first show of the year will be at month's end. looking forward to meeting other team members.

Posted at 10:23 am Mar 10, 2012 EST

You are welcome! Where is your show?

Posted at 12:13 pm Mar 10, 2012 EST

Hi! I'm Larissa. :) I"ve made such incredible connections and friends via Etsy and am looking forward to doing the same with you. For the past 5+ years, I"ve devoted most of my time to being a stay at home mom. Before then I worked as a product developer for a wholesaling company specializing in jewelry. I dabbled here and there trying to find something I can do while being at home with my kids but it was hard since I wanted to give them the most attention. Now that they are a bit older and in school, I followed my passion and started creating jewelry. My etsy shop has only been open for about 8 weeks or so and I'm extremely happy with how its been received so far. I also sell my pieces via facebook, private home trunk shows and am available so far ;) in one retail store in NJ.

Looking forward to hearing from all of you!

Posted at 4:52 pm Mar 10, 2012 EST

I am changing strategy as my craft shows have been so so. Doing what is called Big Night out to benefit a local school. Tons of different types of vendors, raffles all to raise money for the school. It's in Trumbull, CT on March 30. Sometimes preppy stuff doesn't sell at craft fairs as you have a niche buyer.! Any ideas on where else to sell?

Posted at 10:37 pm Mar 11, 2012 EDT

Totally understand....I'm not know that much about shows in that region...I am located in the Southeast...so I could def. help ya out if you venture down this way:)...what about horse shows/dog shows. approaching members of country clubs/yacht clubs...maybe even as a fundraiser for a cause hosted at one of those locations....just a thought:)

Posted at 7:35 pm Mar 12, 2012 EDT

thanks for the suggestions!

Posted at 9:03 pm Mar 12, 2012 EDT

Hi ladies! I am the newest member of PGA as of today. I am pretty new to Etsy too and only just opened my store 2 days ago! I think with the success of Kiel James Patrick, Vineyard Vines, etc. there is definitely room for us to profit from our preppy and nautical goods too! I am getting my master's in marketing from Southern New Hampshire University, so I am all about utilizing social media to get the word out about our products to the fullest. We really can help each other rock our businesses! :)

Posted at 8:07 pm May 23, 2012 EDT