Direct Checkout New to DC and so far so good

Direct Checkout has the following requirements:

Sellers must be using direct checkout to join.

I started DC yesterday.I'm running a sale this month so I'm not real sure how much DC will help. I did have great sales yesterday and even better so far today 12 of my 19 orders are through DC.It's hard to tell if they still would have purchased through PP . I guess I won't worry as long as the orders keep rolling in.

I was concerned about the waiting periods and I hope I allowed myself enough money in my Paypal to cover postage and supplies. My shop is a Made to Order shop and it can be anywhere from 2-6 weeks before shipping so I wasn't sure this would be for me. Once the initial waiting period is over I do think it will work out well.

I'm glad I can put DC on hold at any time in case I need to pump up my Paypal balance.

All in all, I think this is going to be a great addition to Etsy. And I appreciate the fact that all my questions can be answered in the Help section.

Posted at 7:16 pm Jul 11, 2012 EDT

Hi snazzybeans:)

I just signed up for direct checkout and had my first sale today using it. I worry about funds in paypal also, but I was told that paypal would pull funds from banking to cover postage. Hope that is true. Does anyone know for sure?

Posted at 12:08 am Jul 12, 2012 EDT

beblumer says

I just got signed up and am excited and hopefull that it will help bring in more sales. Time will tell.

Posted at 9:57 am Jul 12, 2012 EDT

Love your shop Snazzybeans!

Annette, yes PayPal will pull from the account you have set up with them for postage or anything else you may buy using PayPal.

Posted at 10:12 am Jul 12, 2012 EDT

I have only one thing to say about how the first 3 days of Direct Checkout seems to be affecting my sales... YOWZA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted at 5:58 pm Jul 12, 2012 EDT

Posted at 10:24 am Jul 13, 2012 EDT

I just had a sell thru Direct Checkout and also used Paypal for shipping(cheaper than going to post office). Paypal will pull funds from your bank account as long as you have Paypal set up that way.
It's great to have a variety of payment options.
Now all we need is Etsy to offer USPS first class shipping.

Posted at 3:52 pm Jul 13, 2012 EDT

Found out etsy offering shipping labels. I just joined the shipping improvements team. Will see who is better or cheaper when it comes to Shipping labels. Paypal or Etsy! Etsy says still working out the flaws. Time will tell. Glad changes are happening.

Posted at 11:08 am Jul 14, 2012 EDT

Nan from NansGlam says

I just signed up for DC last Thurs night and am very happy with how easy it is. Love the fact that it is also great customer service by allowing customers another option for payment. :)

Posted at 5:38 pm Jul 14, 2012 EDT

Soooo excited - just got my first DC sale:) Now to see how the process goes for me....:)

Posted at 5:13 pm Jul 20, 2012 EDT