ETSY Lovers Vintage Only How do you stop buying...???

ETSY Lovers Vintage Only has the following requirements:

Anyone!

Ok...my problem is ..I can't pass up a yard sale, thrift store...etc.....I'm sure I'm not the only one with this problem. ..lol. Now, I've told myself that I can't buy anything else until I sell something. Unless I lock myself in my house, I'm not sure this will work.

How do you set limits...or do you..????/

Posted at 10:14 am Jun 13, 2012 EDT

I can't resist a bargain on an item that I know I can turn. Better on that then on doctors and lawyers and hospitals! :)

Posted at 11:52 am Jun 13, 2012 EDT

But, what I think will sell...doesn't....and I'm afraid to use things for fear of breaking them.....I want to try a live show of some kind...but I can't find one...I missed the all spring festivals around here......but, I'm still looking...:)

Posted at 12:24 pm Jun 13, 2012 EDT

All I can say is if anyone finds a cure, I'm first in line. I think for me part of it is I am retired and the only real thrill I get is surfing the estate sales, thrift stores, etc. just to find that one hidden treasure.

Be assured that when I say my house is beginning to qualify for the show "Hoarders," it is. It is still free of vermin, but boy, is it cluttered with boxes and stuff!

That said, now is a slow time of the year. I have had a few sales, but they are mostly in the $20 range, so I'm certainly not raking in the money. The fall seems to be better for me in selling vintage, so hang on for a while!

Posted at 2:06 pm Jun 13, 2012 EDT

Woohoo.......I made a sale.....I get to go "junking" tomorrow,,,,,,:):):):)

Posted at 5:18 pm Jun 13, 2012 EDT

Heidi from VintageShoppingSpree says
Edited on Jun 13, 2012

me either...I am so addicted to the next "find". Really a problem when you are doing this to make money. On top of the "can't stop myself", sometimes I don't end up selling items that would bring a high dollar amount because I want to keep them. At least I have been having a great couple of months, so I am getting rid of some of the stuff.

Posted at 6:27 pm Jun 13, 2012 EDT

I know!

Etsy is so addictive!

Posted at 10:41 pm Jun 13, 2012 EDT

if anyone can find a magical answer to this question, PLEASE tell me :)

I am moving from a large apt. with my own office in central mass to a tiny studio on DC where I got a new job.......will have to do lots of stacking and storing!

Posted at 11:53 pm Jun 13, 2012 EDT

Dusty Nees from AtticDustAntiques says
Edited on Jun 14, 2012

Considering the fact that I also have one large storage unit full, as well as my garage (in addition to my cluttered, hoarder's kitchen) - I certainly have not found the answer. I keep telling myself to get the things I have sold and don't buy anything else.

Haw!!!

I figure I have another 20-30 years (on this earth), I doubt I could get rid of all that I do have within that timeframe. And that is if I can work the computer still in my nineties!

It is a sickness and I know others who actually have it worse than I do! I compare it to gambling addiction. You just know that the next item you find will bring a jackpot!!

Posted at 12:02 am Jun 14, 2012 EDT

You ask the silliest questions!

Posted at 1:09 am Jun 14, 2012 EDT