Moms Reinventing Themselves
New to Etsy and the team....
Sign in to participate in this discussion.
This discussion is public.
Welcome, I must visited your shop and you have some beautiful pieces. You're very talented. The only critique I have is that some of your pictures are a bit dark and with the dark background it's hard to see all the details of your work.
Do you use a photo editing program. It would help to lighten the pics. Picassa is a free program you can download to your computer.
Posted at 6:52 pm Apr 21, 2012 EDT
Hi, I am new and I applaud those of you raising kids without a spouse.
I sew bike bags for women like the one below. Thank you for having me!
Posted at 10:01 am Apr 23, 2012 EDT
Your items are really pretty. I like the bookmarks! Just last week I paid to have someone critique my shop and here are some great pointers they gave me that I think may help your shop:
- Like Jennifer mentioned, it would be great if the pictures were lightened up a bit. Try taking the pictures in natural daylight, and for jewelry I think a white background works best. Also, 3 or more pictures are best, with different views and closeups.
- For the bookmarks, maybe take a picture of them laying in a book!
- Make sure the first 4 words of the title as well as the description clearly states what the item is. This will help it come up when someone is doing a search for something.
- Get a banner up - If you'd like I can make a quick pretty banner for you! (or anyone else on this team! If you'd like a banner send me a message and I'll make one for you!)
- Fill in all 13 tags - this is another thing that will help your items come up when someone is searching for something specific.
I hope I've helped a little bit :)
Posted at 12:16 pm Apr 23, 2012 EDT
Just writing to say "hi" too!
To April Queen - I was initally attracted to your team profile pic as I've a similar rainbow image taken by a friend on a malaysian beach, but more because I can identify with your hope in linking moms who look to keep their identity (and sanity, at times) :)
To everyone on this team - hi! I'm a working mom helping to get a family business going which's not exactly an area of my interest, so I find comfort in putting together an art program and craftwork in whatever spare time I could afford. It's nice to know there are many talented and creative moms even though we could be on other sides of this world :)
Posted at 10:45 pm Apr 25, 2012 EDT
Go mamas, go! Happy Spring to all of us moms out there. What a beautiful day to be raising our children and creating ourselves. I feel so fortunate to be a part of a loving community here in the foothills and a global community here on Etsy. Thank you, April.
Posted at 12:29 am Apr 27, 2012 EDT
I'm so glad to have found this team. I am a single mother of an awesome teenage son and trying to figure out how to do it all! Reinventing is the perfect word to describe my life right now. I opened my shop in December, but just started listing things at the end of March.
Posted at 2:05 pm Apr 27, 2012 EDT