Moms Reinventing Themselves New to Etsy and the team....

Moms Reinventing Themselves is a moderated team with the following requirements:

Any Mother or Father with an Etsy shop or just opening an Etsy shop. You must be a mom/dad (even if your kids are all grown you count!) and be willing to help promote and support the members of the team.
You will be loved here!

This team will not tollerate any negative of any kind. We are here to support each other in a positive way.

Please, if you have an idea or thread you'd like to share, let me know first and I'd be happy to post it so our team page doesn't get too clogged up like I see on other pages.

Tia Davis from MLC29 says

Just wanted to say hello. I am an Etsy newbie.... I would love if you guys would drop by my shop to check out what's listed. Fav if you like or just browse. Thanks in advance! MLC29

Posted at 10:12 pm Apr 20, 2012 EDT

Hi all, I just opened my shop on etsy on the 4th. Stop in and critique me and let me know what can be done better. Let me know your Favs.

Posted at 4:08 pm Apr 21, 2012 EDT

Hi Valerie
Welcome, I must visited your shop and you have some beautiful pieces. You're very talented. The only critique I have is that some of your pictures are a bit dark and with the dark background it's hard to see all the details of your work.
Do you use a photo editing program. It would help to lighten the pics. Picassa is a free program you can download to your computer.

Posted at 6:52 pm Apr 21, 2012 EDT

Hi, I am new and I applaud those of you raising kids without a spouse.

I sew bike bags for women like the one below. Thank you for having me!

Posted at 10:01 am Apr 23, 2012 EDT

I am so excited that all of you have chosen to be on the team! I am loving looking at everyone's shops. I think our team will be very unique because we have such a variety of shops and talents.

Posted at 10:12 am Apr 23, 2012 EDT

Christina says

Hi Valerie,
Your items are really pretty. I like the bookmarks! Just last week I paid to have someone critique my shop and here are some great pointers they gave me that I think may help your shop:

- Like Jennifer mentioned, it would be great if the pictures were lightened up a bit. Try taking the pictures in natural daylight, and for jewelry I think a white background works best. Also, 3 or more pictures are best, with different views and closeups.

- For the bookmarks, maybe take a picture of them laying in a book!

- Make sure the first 4 words of the title as well as the description clearly states what the item is. This will help it come up when someone is doing a search for something.

- Get a banner up - If you'd like I can make a quick pretty banner for you! (or anyone else on this team! If you'd like a banner send me a message and I'll make one for you!)

- Fill in all 13 tags - this is another thing that will help your items come up when someone is searching for something specific.

I hope I've helped a little bit :)

Posted at 12:16 pm Apr 23, 2012 EDT

Just writing to say "hi" too!
To April Queen - I was initally attracted to your team profile pic as I've a similar rainbow image taken by a friend on a malaysian beach, but more because I can identify with your hope in linking moms who look to keep their identity (and sanity, at times) :)
To everyone on this team - hi! I'm a working mom helping to get a family business going which's not exactly an area of my interest, so I find comfort in putting together an art program and craftwork in whatever spare time I could afford. It's nice to know there are many talented and creative moms even though we could be on other sides of this world :)

Posted at 10:45 pm Apr 25, 2012 EDT

Hi, I just joined the team. Look forward to being a part of something great!

Posted at 11:11 pm Apr 25, 2012 EDT

Go mamas, go! Happy Spring to all of us moms out there. What a beautiful day to be raising our children and creating ourselves. I feel so fortunate to be a part of a loving community here in the foothills and a global community here on Etsy. Thank you, April.

Posted at 12:29 am Apr 27, 2012 EDT

Hi Everyone,

I'm so glad to have found this team. I am a single mother of an awesome teenage son and trying to figure out how to do it all! Reinventing is the perfect word to describe my life right now. I opened my shop in December, but just started listing things at the end of March.

Posted at 2:05 pm Apr 27, 2012 EDT