Holiday Addicts Show us one of your creations and tell us what inspired you to create it?

Holiday Addicts has the following requirements:

Collectors, crafters, Vintage. Anyone who Loves holidays.
No Application because EVERYONE is welcome!

Elsewhere

Well i will go first! I am always looking for new ideas for my angels. I was in the crafts store and saw some graduation things and rememberd the stuffed owl with a graduation cap i recieved at my highschool graduation and thought it would be a great gift idea to do a graduation angel. I decided to make her glasses to give her a more studious look.

www.etsy.com/listing/72982518/graduation-angel

Posted at 10:42 pm May 8, 2012 EDT

I think you get the idea! Just tell us a little story behind what made you think to make it!

Posted at 10:43 pm May 8, 2012 EDT

When your hubby works the graveyard shift and needs to sleep at odd hours, there has to be quiet time - so my quiet time was trying to figure what to go to keep myself awake - reading put me to sleep - so I decided to try plastic canvas and this is the result of my first attempt at it. Ironically, a few days afterwards I sold it

house

Posted at 7:37 am May 9, 2012 EDT

This is my long-longed for spangle hat! I remember these being popular when I was a kid in the sixties. For years I hoped to find instructions on how to make one of these, but in vain. Then I happened upon an old spangle hat at Goodwill and I got jazzed all over again. A lot of experimenting and a couple of trips to youtube to figure out how to do the loop stitch (I more or less taught myself to crochet and don't seem to hold the hook the same way anyone else does) and I was off and running! I've made three of these so far and have no plans to stop!! Reclaiming the world with outlandish sequined hats one head at a time!!

Posted at 11:21 am May 9, 2012 EDT

www.etsy.com/listing/81061025/old-fashion-pet-magnetic-bookmark-choose
I make these bookmarks using antique double-sided greeting cards in my collection. I'm not sure how I got the idea. It's relaxing to cut them out while "watching" (listening to/glancing up now and then!) television in the evenings. I haven't sold very many, but I find it's nice to put them as a little bonus with some of the orders I ship out.

www.etsy.com/listing/93630947/tp-poodle-in-fire-engine-red
I love hokey stuff--more recreated memories here from the sixties... It took a lot of trial and error, but I've finally got my "style" down. I'm working on another custom order right now for a robin's egg blue poodle to go to England!

Posted at 11:36 am May 9, 2012 EDT

Victoria says

www.etsy.com/listing/93314091/especially-for-girls-lined-organza-bag

I acquired some beautiful sheer embroidered organza fabric with a Christian theme and wanted to make something special for a little girl.

Posted at 11:45 am May 9, 2012 EDT

My mom uses a tart melter and a plug in ALWAYS..anyhow, she loves my soapy goodies and has decided that she will not use anything bath related unless it is fragranced with Champagne...she's a classy lady, what can I say? She begged and pleaded for me to make her tarts using her favorite fragrance..alas...this is how my new Soy tarts came to be.

www.etsy.com/listing/98889909/fizzy-champagne-3-oz-soy-tarts

Posted at 1:26 pm May 9, 2012 EDT

Julia Chibatar from angelsandcrafts says
Edited on May 9, 2012

If I didn't live in Florida I would want that hat! Never cold enough for a hat!
Call me crazy I love cold! You come home to a snuggle blanket and a cup of cocoa after that crisp cold air!
I just love all your stuff!
That poodle is so cute!
I love your haunted house
Champagne that is once sent I never saw!

Posted at 3:54 pm May 9, 2012 EDT

I had on of my cutsomer who is a goth ask for a fairy dressed in black and purple feathers and thought I think she would be cute with witch hat! SO that is how I came up with this.

Posted at 2:44 pm May 15, 2012 EDT

www.etsy.com/listing/98809713/made-to-order-yukata-cotton-kimono

My Japanese exchange student friends were missing home, and the festivals of their home country. I made Yukata. Instant happiness ^^

Posted at 5:56 pm May 15, 2012 EDT