Finders Keepers Vintage Collective Introduce yourself!

Finders Keepers Vintage Collective has the following requirements:

Absolutely everyone and anyone. As long as you are someone who can share your thoughts, questions, or anything else you can join.

If there is any cruel or immature behavior however, members will be removed!

I'll break the ice:

My name is Erin and I live in the beautiful and currently sweltering prairies of Alberta, Canada. I love my friends and family so much, and my fur baby Tuxedo is one of my favorite things after a long, stressful day. I love to travel all over the world, go dancing with friends whenever I can, and I probably shop too much for my own good (vintage items included)! I have a cupboard devoted to tea, and I hate anything that is remotely close to cottonballs or too soft. I'm young and weird, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

I took a chance by starting an Etsy shop a little under 5 months ago and I'm so glad I did. I feel like this is finally niche I've been looking for, and I am so thankful to everyone I've met since setting up shop here. :)

Posted at 11:41 pm Jul 9, 2012 EDT

Thanks for the invite! I'm happy to be a new member of this team!

My name is Carolyn and I live in the sweltering desert of Mesa, AZ. It's very hot right now, but the winters here are fabulous and I wouldn't want to live anywhere else.

I started selling vintage items on Etsy a little over a year ago. I sold on Ebay for 9 years and didn't know a thing about SEO, tags, titles or even how to take good photos when I first opened shop here. Etsy has been a great learning experience for me.

Posted at 2:24 am Jul 10, 2012 EDT

Thanks for the invite. My name is Elisia and I live in San Diego, CA with my son. I work in elearning and have enjoyed my experience so far on etsy.

Posted at 4:36 pm Jul 10, 2012 EDT

Hi All, I'm Kristina, a Seattle transplant now living in Huntington Beach, CA. I started my etsy shop at the beginning Jan 2012 and I get very excited each time I sell something. Sometimes it's even bitter sweet - I had some really cool mad men-esque cocktail glasses that I sold; I guess I was a little too attached :)

Looking forward to the new team!

Posted at 7:29 pm Jul 10, 2012 EDT

Hi! Im Joy from the Mountains of VA. I have been on etsy for a few years, but just started selling in Feb 2012. I am excited with how much Ive been able to make room for in my closet!! I collect all things old, especially books, magazines, clothing, dachshund things and drinking glasses. I am always excited to find a new team, and possibly find more things to add to my rotating collection. Its so exciting to enjoy new vintage stuff for awhile and then pass it along for someone else to enjoy! Every sale feels like a little dance in my belly!

I have a husband who also collects old stuff, and we have a mini wire haired dachshund. He also has a shop on etsy shop, selling his collages- alot of which feature pictures from Vintage books and magazines.

Posted at 9:46 pm Jul 10, 2012 EDT

Erin from JamandJellyVintage says
Edited on Jul 10, 2012

Nice to meet everyone! First of all thank you for sharing a little more info about what made you start on Etsy and some things about yourself. It's made for an interesting read tonight.

Carolyn - It must be stifling there now! With our heat wave I can't help but feel for you... I'm guessing it can easily get into the 100's there, I'm sure!

Elisia - I love San Diego...it's s beautiful there! I have a friend that does alot of career counseling through elearning facilities too. It sounds like a very interesting career. :)

Kristina - I know exactly what you mean!! I've had some pieces where I literally had to sit for an hour straight to decide if it's something I wanted to part with. I think that's just a natural thing when you fall in love with most of your finds. lol

Joy - Wow, a whole family of collectors/vintage lovers. lol Lucky ducks! That totally makes me wonder what your wedding must have been like (strange I know, but I'm a romantic at heart as well as a vintage enthusiast). :) My aunt and uncle have had dachshund's ever since I can remember too. They are just one of the cutest pets!

Posted at 11:56 pm Jul 10, 2012 EDT

Hello All! Thanks so much for the invite and I am thrilled to be a new member of this team. My name is Heidi and I am from Sunny South Florida ;) I have been on Etsy for just under a year and it has been such an amazing outlet for me. I have always been a collector and I am addicted to the hunt! I too have learned so much and I am happy to share what I have learned with the team!

Posted at 11:18 am Jul 12, 2012 EDT

Hello!
Thank you for the invite! My name is Lorri and I have been collecting Kewpie since I was a little girl. I have inherited alot of vintage and also have found some great items along the way. I am having to clean out now and having fun sharing on etsy. I currently live in Missouri and hoping to move to Arizona soon! Iam excited to join and share with the team.

Posted at 11:41 am Jul 12, 2012 EDT

Hi...I am very thankful that you invited me to join your new team....let's all pull together and make it something all Etsy members would love to be a part of....here is a little about me..my name is Janet

Wanting to make something different and unique for the home I started designing and making decorative cushions and hearts..Spending a long time finding the quality fabrics and graphics for a Vintage Look ..each item is unique and printed by myself

I am British living with my American husband in Alabama, USA..I come from a small island called GUERNSEY off of the North West Coast of France it's an English island but with a big French flavor therefor I love anything French themed and you will find that shows in my choice of French Ads etc that I put on my cushions..read about Guernsey on this website ..there are great photos in the 'Gallery' www.thisisguernsey.com/
The best description of what I do is
Vintage Prints on decorative cushions and hearts made with quality hand picked fabrics and designed by myself from graphics that are copyright free to the public domain and created before 1923
I also just recently introduced an opportunity for people to have their favorite photo of their family, children, dogs, cats, pets and vacation places printed on to a cushion the size of a popular frame size 10" x 7"..unique and versatile...printed straight on to the fabric not an iron on transfer
You most probably can tell that I can chat a lot as well...ha! ha!

Posted at 4:21 pm Jul 12, 2012 EDT

Hi newcomers! I'm so glad you all seem to be excited to be a part of my new team. Love it. :D

Heidi - Living in sunny Florida must be fabulous! I'm guessing you probably have alot of wonderful markets and antique malls there. *swoons*

Lorrie - I love that your collecting started with Kewpie dolls. They're so sweet looking. Hope the move to Arizona works out for you!

Janet - I love your thinking for the team. I really hope this can be a place where all vintage lovers feel welcome, not just those wanting to promote! Your stuff looks awesome, and I think that's so great you originally started creating because you couldn't find things you yourself wanted. Interesting! And it sounds like your great 'communication' will fit in perfectly here. :)

Posted at 5:50 pm Jul 12, 2012 EDT