Etsy Success Do you have a funny story about your avatar?

Etsy Success has the following requirements:

This team is dedicated to sharing small business advice in a supportive environment. Please do not post promotions to this team, including social medial links, Treasuries, item listings, calls for entries or submissions in the Etsy Success Forum, unless you are sharing or asking for small business advice. As a team member, you must be a seller who is ready to learn and participate. Thank you!

Subscribe to the Etsy Success newsletter here: http://www.etsy.com/emails/success

I thought some sellers might have a good story to tell.

I found this scratched on a wall but it said FART, so I couldn’t resist. I just cropped out the F. Maybe a should have scratched on OLD instead!

Posted at 1:45pm Apr 16, 2012 EDT

I used to have a mug-shot of myself as my avatar. It scared away too many potential customers though, so I went with something prettier.

Posted at 2:24pm Apr 16, 2012 EDT

Susan says

I just pulled one of my finished cross stitch pieces off my wall and photographed it from the side. It's a large piece with several monarch butterflies and I thought the colors would be striking. It goes with my shop banner and business cards. I wanted a cohesive look for everything and the fact that it was free made it even better. :)

Posted at 2:35pm Apr 16, 2012 EDT

Zoe says
Edited on Apr 16, 2012

The earrings in my avatar were one of my first designs, so they have a bit of meaning to me. Though I don't remake a lot of my designs, I've made these earrings many times and they just sell so well, on and off Etsy! I love them.

Posted at 2:37pm Apr 16, 2012 EDT

planets! always planets. I've been planets since 1999 or so. just when I started on etsy, I decided to fancy it up and take pictures of products with planets on them instead of the ones I just made in GIMP or whatever. actually my icon now is the first non-purple planet i've ever used.

Posted at 2:43pm Apr 16, 2012 EDT

I decided to try and make mines a wee bit personal and use a photo of myself. However, I am currently suffering the after effects of cutting off some very long dreadlocks... A terrible, drastically choppy short haircut! So hiding behind my dog's big nose is kind of a compromise. Personal avatar without the bad photo!

Posted at 4:27pm Apr 16, 2012 EDT

Olives because my grandmother (who I adored) always signed her emails "Olive You" and because, lets face it, I am such a dirty martini girl!

Posted at 5:33pm Apr 16, 2012 EDT

This is my third and I'm still not crazy about it. aargh!

Posted at 5:42pm Apr 16, 2012 EDT