Etsy Success How does Paypal shipping work?

Etsy Success has the following requirements:

This team is dedicated to sharing small business advice in a supportive environment. Please do not post promotions to this team, including social medial links, Treasuries, item listings, calls for entries or submissions in the Etsy Success Forum, unless you are sharing or asking for small business advice. As a team member, you must be a seller who is ready to learn and participate. Thank you!

Subscribe to the Etsy Success newsletter here: http://www.etsy.com/emails/success

Does anyone use paypal shipping? I know you are supposed to weight your package and then print something on your computer and then what? Do you drop it off at the post office?

I know, it's a dumb question, and yeah, I also know there are no dumb questions. Anyway. Just curious.

Thanks
Lorna

Posted at 11:18pm Apr 21, 2012 EDT

Marissa from RisC says

Yep, it is that easy, you weigh your package, print your label, slap it on and just drop it in the mail. You can even schedule to have it picked up. I just usually drop it the drive up mail box out front of my local post office when I am out running errands.

Posted at 11:32pm Apr 21, 2012 EDT

GoTo from GoTo says

That about sums it up! Print out the label on 1/2 sheet of paper (or a half-sheet label) and affix to the package.

Drop it off in any mailbox, at the PO, schedule a pick up (only works if you have at least 1 Priority or faster package) or leave for the carrier to take when they deliver your daily mail without a scheduled pick up.

More about it here:

~~Shipping Basics~~
www.etsy.com/teams/7722/business-topics/discuss/6382394

Posted at 11:37pm Apr 21, 2012 EDT

It's as easy as the others said it is. I used go to the post office because it was right down the road but when I saw how much I saved by going through PayPal - over half - I immediately switched over. I just asked the woman who worked there how much my package weighed so I wouldn't have to guess myself (everything I've been sending off so fast has the exact same contents, meaning they'll all be the same), and know I just put it in my mailbox in the morning to be picked up.

Posted at 11:44pm Apr 21, 2012 EDT

oh my gosh, that is amazing. I have 3 kids under the age of 4. The post office is 20 minutes away. Usually I have my product ready the same day but can't make it to the post office for days. How cool is that!

I am buying a scale tomorrow! Thanks.

Posted at 11:55pm Apr 21, 2012 EDT

I don't even weigh mine anymore. Three ounces and below all costs the same, so I don't bother.

Posted at 11:56pm Apr 21, 2012 EDT

Lilly from pinkblossomcosmetics says
Edited on Apr 22, 2012

Basically you need a small digital scale so you can have accurate shipping weight, printer with ink, and white paper. Once you receive payment, go to your paypal account, and click on print label and fill in the address info, weight, etc. Then click print and it should print on your 8x11 paper. Cut the label, use shipping tape, tape it to your package, and give it to your postman or drop it off. That's it!

Its basically a prepaid label. Paypal will deduct the postage fee from your paypal account and send it to USPS.

If you're doing International Mail you can't do it through paypal since they don't have this option but for domestic shipping it's pretty easy.

Oh the rate through paypal is slightly discounted and you get FREE delivery confirmation with the label.

Posted at 11:59pm Apr 21, 2012 EDT

Yupp, couldn't be any easier ;)
the only time I go to the PO is for international pkgs.

Posted at 12:08am Apr 22, 2012 EDT

I'm so happy someone posted this and it was answered :)
I was curious about this as well.

Posted at 12:12am Apr 22, 2012 EDT