Etsy Success Views dying since January....anyone else?

Etsy Success has the following requirements:

This team is dedicated to sharing small business advice in a supportive environment. Please do not post promotions to this team, including social medial links, Treasuries, item listings, calls for entries or submissions in the Etsy Success Forum, unless you are sharing or asking for small business advice. As a team member, you must be a seller who is ready to learn and participate. Thank you!

Subscribe to the Etsy Success newsletter here: http://www.etsy.com/emails/success

Hi all. I look at my stats and I see a very steady, sad, depressing decline since January (December, really). I maybe make an average 3 sales per month now. Is it just me? Or is it a down time for everyone around here? I plan to spend some good time making lots of new things this summer, but it will be a bummer if it's just a downward trend and there's nothing I can do about it. Anyone else? Ideas?

Posted at 7:00 pm May 4, 2012 EDT

Sorry to hear that your views have been dropping.

Are you adding new items on a regular basis or just renewing existing ones? I've found that when I'm constantly adding new items that my sales increase.

Have your marketing techniques changed? Are you reaching your target audience?

Sometimes a simple change in marketing strategy can make the world of difference!

Posted at 7:09 pm May 4, 2012 EDT

Ok, I've been renewing only for a while, so maybe that's it? As I said, I plan to add some totally new items this summer.

Posted at 7:11 pm May 4, 2012 EDT

I would think your items would totally appeal to the wedding circuit. Bridesmaids, flower girls etc. I think you need to get those new items listed ASAP. Dont wait until you have several, introduce one each day or every other day. Find out what the hot color trends are. Have some of your headbands photographed on a model.
Your item:
www.etsy.com/listing/89083880/fascinator-headband-peacock-feathers-and
Here is an example of what I think your items would look good photographed like.

Posted at 7:25 pm May 4, 2012 EDT

Ms. D. says

My shop's only been here since the very end of January, so I certainly hope not!!

When is the last time you added new items to your shop? That always brings spikes in views.

What kind of marketing and promoting are you doing, and how has this changed since December?

Posted at 7:30 pm May 4, 2012 EDT

I agree that adding new items and using a model would probably help. Also, some of your pictures are a little dark. Maybe you could brighten them up a bit in Picasa or whatever editing software you use.

You might want to take a second look at your tags too. Some of your items look like they have too many one word tags. For instance, instead of using navy, ruffle, and gold as tags, use navy headband, ruffle headband, gold headband, navy ruffle headband, etc. You'll probably start coming up in more searches that way. Good luck!

Posted at 7:31 pm May 4, 2012 EDT

Hmm...lots of good ideas here. I also like the idea of marketing toward bridesmaids as well...

Posted at 9:36 pm May 4, 2012 EDT