Etsy Success why am i not getting treasured?

Etsy Success has the following requirements:

This team is dedicated to sharing small business advice in a supportive environment. Please do not share social medial links, Treasuries, new item listings, calls for entries or submissions in the Etsy Success Forum, unless you are sharing or asking for small business advice. As a team member, you must be a seller who is ready to learn and participate. Thank you!

Subscribe to the Etsy Success newsletter here:

I can't figure it out. I have bright items, good colored pictures, crisp white backgrounds in many of my shots... and I (my opinion i guess) think my colors would work well in treasuries...

any ideas? I could sure use some advice

Posted at 2:40 am May 24, 2012 EDT

Some of your pictures are SUPER cute.... The baby is visibly giggling and the photo is more than just a bib on a white back ground. Take a look at your photos and slowly replace them with more dynamic photos. Also, I've noticed a lot of treasured items are the product in action... white backgrounds are great, but I personally like models in a situational setting. You can always wash out the background with a filter so it appears whiter.

Posted at 2:50 am May 24, 2012 EDT

so giggling isn't good?

Posted at 3:00 am May 24, 2012 EDT

Posted at 3:17 am May 24, 2012 EDT

Hi, I can think of two things: check how your products come up on searches, maybe you are not found enough in them, and I personally try to avoid using pictures with persons in my treasury, so maybe others might feel the same so your pictures that have "live baby models" don't do as well. Your pictures with only your products on white or solid color background are really good. Good luck, Bianca

Posted at 3:21 am May 24, 2012 EDT

Your products are really cute. I would not use any of the photos that have something in the background - the table, the patterned stroller or car seat. I would use the ones of just the bib if they were taken straight and the background was white.

But that is just my aesthetic when it comes to making treasuries.

Posted at 8:15 am May 24, 2012 EDT

If I was to use one of your items in a treasury I would choose this:

It's a good, colorful shot of just the bib.

Compared to this, where the bib is pretty much hidden by the baby's arms.

I'd switch the main photo on the hippo bib to the last one in the listing. It shows the bib much better.

Posted at 8:26 am May 24, 2012 EDT

Claire says

The most likely reason is the type of product and the images. There is nothing wrong with either of course but I know from when I made a lot of treasuries and was on a treasury team that baby items weren't featured often and definitely not those with live models in. I am not saying they were never featured, just not often. I personally don't like treasuries with images of children in for a number of reasons so didn't include them myself. Obviously this is just one opinion based on my own activities and observations.

Posted at 9:53 am May 24, 2012 EDT

I haven't seen that many treasuries with baby items in them. If you really want to get in more treasuries, you should probably join a treasury team. A lot of them use other team members items when making treasuries. Of course, personally I haven't seen that much traffic from most of the treasuries I've been in, so I don't know if it's that big of a deal. Of course, if you get in a treasury that makes the fp or something, that would be awesome, but I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Posted at 10:06 am May 24, 2012 EDT

One thing i've heard before is that having a little more free space or white around the edges of your thumbnail photo. A lot of your photos have pieces of the item or your model cropped out and i know for me personalty when looking for treasury items that would deter me. Your bibs are supper cute though !

Posted at 10:38 am May 24, 2012 EDT