Etsy Success Proof that Good Photos Matter

Etsy Success has the following requirements:

This team is dedicated to sharing small business advice in a supportive environment. Please do not post promotions to this team, including social medial links, Treasuries, item listings, calls for entries or submissions in the Etsy Success Forum, unless you are sharing or asking for small business advice. As a team member, you must be a seller who is ready to learn and participate. Thank you!

Subscribe to the Etsy Success newsletter here: http://www.etsy.com/emails/success

I spent ALL day yesterday editing my photos. It was tedious and boring. But oh so rewarding when I woke up this morning to 100 views and a sale! All my pictures were taken with my iphone and edited in photoshop. I cant wait to get a real camera and see what effect it has on my image quality and sales!

So dont underestimate the power of your photos!

Posted at 10:56am Jun 26, 2012 EDT

Those are great photos for an iPhone.

A real camera would be even more incredible! Great job!

Posted at 10:58am Jun 26, 2012 EDT

I did that last wkend with all my jewelry items and def making a difference in my views!
next wkend, its my figurines time to get re-photographed! yay!
and my camera sucks too. its not about the equipment. its what you do with it. ;)

Posted at 10:59am Jun 26, 2012 EDT

nice work!!

what camera u use matters too, i borrow a 7-8years old one
i can't list any stub earrings or smaller items because you can't see the details...

Posted at 11:03am Jun 26, 2012 EDT

Amy Miller says

Great photos! Amazing that they were taken with an iphone! Photoshop is the best.

Posted at 11:03am Jun 26, 2012 EDT

Wow! An iphone? I'm totally impressed! :) Yes, it's important to keep re-working your shop to make it better.... as much as I would love to just sit around and wait for sales to come rolling in. I edited all of my photos yesterday as well... never knew about FotoFuse until then. I am still a novice at it, but I definitely got a ton of views on items that hadn't been viewed as much before and 2 sales! :) I love when hard work pays off!

Posted at 11:08am Jun 26, 2012 EDT

Great pics! I need to reshoot a lot of mine as well. Constantly tweaking seems to be key for all of our shops. Congrats on the views and sale!

Posted at 11:39am Jun 26, 2012 EDT

Great photos definitely make a difference! It's hard to believe that yours were taken with a phone--the quality is very good!

Posted at 12:18pm Jun 26, 2012 EDT

Dang I need to get me an iphone!

Posted at 12:22pm Jun 26, 2012 EDT